Anne Hathaway

Personally, I don't think she needs to lose weight. Her face might begin to look really horsey (think Hilary Duff when she got "skinny").

16 pounds? How random. Why not 15 or 20.

Hihiii gurrrllz I wanna lose like 3.763 pounds yu knowwws.

:meh:

Maybe because her weight's like 136lbs and they want her to weigh 120lbs? (Just examples, I don't know what she weighs.)

Reactions: 1 user
Well the bikini pictures are her whole body and in the other pictures from the devil wears prada you can hardly see her 'cuz she's all covered up so I don't think it counts.. you need to compare pictures of her wearing the same type of thing..

- ♥ - ♥ - ♥ -

[deleted link to FB group]

- ♥ - ♥ - ♥ -

I think she is gorgeous but she could do with losing a few pounds. I preferred her look in devil wears prada too

Maybe because her weight's like 136lbs and they want her to weigh 120lbs? (Just examples, I don't know what she weighs.)

That seems like a very possible reason. It is just so strange to me.

She has the power to be skinny and she looks so amazing when she is in her best state.

anne_hathaway_looking_great.jpg

images

I really dislike her! She looks like a horse! And she is very out of shape and pale and pudgy! It's so annoying how she tries to act all cute and quirky!

I really dislike her! She looks like a horse! And she is very out of shape and pale and pudgy! It's so annoying how she tries to act all cute and quirky!

hahaah :highfive: i have to agree, sorry but she just annoys the hell out of me with her stupid droopy eyes

hahaah :highfive: i have to agree, sorry but she just annoys the hell out of me with her stupid droopy eyes

Yess!!

Exactly my thoughts :lol:

plus, her movie roles are always easy & predictable.

The comments on skinnyvscurvy about her soon to come weight loss are just hilarious. Basically they freak out and think she'll die because of a 500 calorie diet for about three weeks, really?

This. So true. I was reading some of those comments and apparently the general public is under the impression that the human body can't handle decreased food intake for prolonged periods of time. I'm sure that at all points during our evolutionary history we had access to food on demand, whenever we so much as started to feel a teensy bit hungry. 'Cause, yanno, if a tribe of Cro-Magnon didn't manage to hunt down any game that week, they just went and picked up something at the drive-in so they wouldn't starve their bodies for too long.

This. So true. I was reading some of those comments and apparently the general public is under the impression that the human body can't handle decreased food intake for prolonged periods of time. I'm sure that at all points during our evolutionary history we had access to food on demand, whenever we so much as started to feel a teensy bit hungry. 'Cause, yanno, if a tribe of Cro-Magnon didn't manage to hunt down any game that week, they just went and picked up something at the drive-in so they wouldn't starve their bodies for too long.

Yeah, well, if you had paid attention to the opening sequence of the Flintstones you would know that this is a perfectly plausible scenario.

Yeah, well, if you had paid attention to the opening sequence of the Flintstones you would know that this is a perfectly plausible scenario.

My only lament is fast food places no longer serve up portions like this:

flintstones_ribs2.jpg

How am I ever going to feel satisfied on those measly super size meals?

She was so skinny before because of the whole drama going on with her conman ex-fiance. At least, that's what I noticed. Devil Wears Prada and Bride Wars coincided with the scandal and she was probably unhappy and stressed during the making of the movies that she lost the weight.

Our bodies can totally handle prolonged periods of low food intake. Unfortunately adult starvation can lead to their offspring being overweight.

I think she maybe referring to a report that came out several years ago that followed a generation of people who experienced extreme famine during their reproductive years. Their children were more likely to store fat/gain weight because of the altered hormone levels that they needed to develop in order to grow in utero. (I'm sorry, I can't remember anything more specific.)

@ Jane, if this is incorrect, my apologies!

Yeah, girl. Blew my mind when I heard it. I like to listen to Howstuffworks.com podcasts while I'm a work. They are still studying epigenetics but basically they have found that although genes themselves take generations to alter, each gene has methyl tags which can be switched on and off according to diet and environmental factors. These "switches" control how a certain gene behaves and can become set and passed down to one's offspring for 3 to 4 generations to increase the chances of survival. For example, many women that were pregnant in NYC when 9/11 happened had babies born with PTSD due to the stressful environment their mothers were in during their time in the womb.

You can read all about it here:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/genetic/epigenetics.htm

Ah ha! Thank you, Jane for reminding about the epigenetics component. Couldn't remember were/why I read that article and now I remember it was for journal club. The article I was referencing is:

Heijmans BT, et al. Persistent epigenetic differences associated with prenatal exposure to famine in humans. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Nov 4;105(44):17046-9.

Essentially, the study used historical data from the Dutch famine of 1994-1945 (strict rations were placed on the Netherlands during the German occupation). The daily rations started at about 1000 cals/day at the being of the occupation and were further restricted to about 500 cals/day closer to the end. The study separated the data into three groups: (1) people born or conceived during the famine (2) same-sex siblings born before or conceived after the famine (3) unrelated individuals - used as controls.

The researches look at the level of methylation of insulin growth factor 2 (IGF-2) (more methylation, less IGF-2), this hormone is important for proper growth and development, in the subjects almost six decades after the Dutch famine. The study found that those conceived during the Dutch hunger winter had less methylation of the IGF-2 gene compared to their unexposed same-sex siblings (ie: those in group 2 above). Those conceived during the famine also had impaired glucose tolerance, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension, and higher rates of obesity in adulthood. The researchers theorize that these changes occur because the body attempts to be as efficient as possible in storing calories since nutrition/calories were scarce during development.

Sorry, for the essay. Just think it is very interesting, particularly of those who want children in the future. (Plus, I'm a genetics dork :oops:).