Anja Rubik

in BLK DNM for Inez & Vinoodh
inez-vinoodh2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I really didn't think much of her Anthony Vaccarello dress at the Met Gala last month. It cheapens her a little imo and hangs badly in all the wrong places. She doesn't seem comfortable somehow. Something a little less revealing that still shows off her astounding body would've been classier.

anja-rubik-met-2012-530x530.jpg

anja-rubik-2012-costume-institute-gala.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Anja_9_FW12_Paris.jpg
image011.jpg

I love what she's wearing in the second pic :).

Anja Rubik by Giampaolo Sgura for Vogue Japan August 2012
anja-rubik-vogue-nippon-august-2012-01.jpg

A video about a day with Anja in 2001 :luv:: She looked completely different. It's amazing how she looks now, it's as if she'd developed into a completely different person, not necessarily better or worse, just has a completely different look!

Anja Rubik has explained why she turned down the chance to work with Terry Richardson for a Pirelli calendar, although she did appear in a Pirelli calendar when asked by Karl Lagerfeld. She told TheCut:

I’ve worked many times with Terry Richardson, and I like him a lot, and I’ve never had a situation with him where I felt uncomfortable. What photographers do is open the door and see how you react to different things. And if they see that the girl’s uncomfortable, then they stop. I know there was the whole drama with Terry Richardson, and actually, I was asked to do the Pirelli calendar with him as well. But I know his pictures, and I knew that I might not feel comfortable in certain situations, which would be really difficult for me and for him, because he has a vision. So, I decided not to do it because I was not sure it would work for both of us. But every time I’ve worked with him, there was never a situation where I was pushed into something. Everyone has their own limits and everyone has their own boundaries, and you know, another girl can do way more and feel comfortable with it.

Anja also gave some advice for young models who may be forced into sexual or provocative photo shoots before they are ready:

I started modeling quite young. I would really recommend to every girl not to start modeling until they turn 17, to be honest. Before that, I think you’re not mature enough. You see girls that are modeling who are 14 or 15, and I think that’s way, way too young. The best models in the industry are the ones who feel comfortable on the set. If she doesn’t feel comfortable, the images won’t be beautiful. There’s this idea that you have to do something or your career won’t go forward, but a girl should research the job beforehand and if she feels uncomfortable with it, she should just say no. If she feels uncomfortable, the photographer won’t be happy with her, and the client won’t be happy with her, and she will do more harm to her career than if she just said no to begin with.

A video about a day with Anja in 2001 :luv:: She looked completely different. It's amazing how she looks now, it's as if she'd developed into a completely different person, not necessarily better or worse, just has a completely different look!

Yes, strange to see how her face has changed... and strange that it took her so many years before getting famous!

Giuseppe Zanotti Autumn/Winter 2012 campaign
anja-rubik3.jpg
anja-rubik1.jpg
anja-rubik2.jpg
anja-rubik4.jpg

After the Chanel Haute Couture Autumn/Winter 2012 show

anja2.jpg
anja3.jpg