Amanda Bynes

Yes from (what little) I hear she does seem to be having some issues, but on the other hand a goal of 100 at 5'7 isn't unhealthy in my book. And hey, lots of people (on here and in general) use food and weightloss as a sort of focus when lots of other things (mental/emotional) are going on that they can't necessarily deal with. There is nothing wrong with that really. It is what it is. As far as I'm concerned people should stop with the whole healthy/unhealthy thing (as in OMG your behavior is really crossing into unhealthy territory) since last time I checked the health industry and those who purport to be its spokespeople is/are incredibly sick themselves.

You caught me, I don't actually practice what I preach. :nervous: I would never reveal to my patients how little I actually eat to lose weight. Likewise, just about everyone has unhealthy habits - the most you can do is pick and choose and try not to choose anything with lasting, permanent damage.

Also, the healthcare industry revolves around money. There's an incredible amount of money to be made off the sick/dying. Sure, it's our job to care for your health, but in my experience, the more money there is to be made, the less morals come into play. After a while, even the best practitioners become numb and it's all about efficiency and getting patients in/out. There are some exceptions but they are rare and far in between.

Reactions: 1 user
You caught me, I don't actually practice what I preach. :nervous: I would never reveal to my patients how little I actually eat to lose weight. Likewise, just about everyone has unhealthy habits - the most you can do is pick and choose and try not to choose anything with lasting, permanent damage.

Also, the healthcare industry revolves around money. There's an incredible amount of money to be made off the sick/dying. Sure, it's our job to care for your health, but in my experience, the more money there is to be made, the less morals come into play. After a while, even the best practitioners become numb and it's all about efficiency and getting patients in/out. There are some exceptions but they are rare and far in between.

Thanks for your honesty in confirming something that is true but too scary and uncomfortable for most to admit.

Yes from (what little) I hear she does seem to be having some issues, but on the other hand a goal of 100 at 5'7 isn't unhealthy in my book. And hey, lots of people (on here and in general) use food and weightloss as a sort of focus when lots of other things (mental/emotional) are going on that they can't necessarily deal with. There is nothing wrong with that really. It is what it is. As far as I'm concerned people should stop with the whole healthy/unhealthy thing (as in OMG your behavior is really crossing into unhealthy territory) since last time I checked the health industry and those who purport to be its spokespeople is/are incredibly sick themselves.

I totally agree that 100 at 5'7 can be healthy. I meant that as she has been engaging in other unhealthy behaviours then I worry that she wouldn't be achieving these goals in a healthy manner (nor do I see her sustaining it, and yo-yoing is also very unhealthy).

I must disagree with your point on using food to deal with other issues. As someone who suffered from an ED for about 10 years I must disagree... there is something wrong with it. It is perfectly fine to just want to be healthy and be the best/healthiest you can be, not eat processed foods etc. but many serious issues stem from wanting to hold a strong control over food etc when everything else is out of control. Again, we don't know bynes, but her behaviour would suggest her life is quite out of control at the moment.

As far as I'm concerned people should stop with the whole healthy/unhealthy thing (as in OMG your behavior is really crossing into unhealthy territory) since last time I checked the health industry and those who purport to be its spokespeople is/are incredibly sick themselves.

Seconding this, along with what @ZeroDiet said. Almost everyone in the health & fitness industry is sick in the mind and do some truly awful things to their bodies despite having the primary job of teaching others to look after themselves. It is very sad, but very true too. Having gotten closer to many people in my industry it's scary how many of us have/have had EDs and warped views of self-image.

I really hope Amanda gets things back on track as she seems completely unable to care for herself at the moment! Mental doesn't even begin to describe it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I just read this on Perez Hilton. What happened to her? I hope this is a joke, but apparently she changed her style and posted this picture on her twitter account:
amanda-bynes-makeover-twitpic-1__oPt.jpg

Then she was spotted on the streets like this
amanda-bynes-spotted-nyc-makeover__oPt.jpg

Does anyone here know what's going on with her?

I just read this on Perez Hilton. What happened to her? I hope this is a joke

"What? How can you not like this? It's the best we have sen Niki Minaj look for a long time?"<------- my reaction before realizing this says the Amanda Bynes thread. :run: Not a compliment hehe

Hehehe
Fr my defense, apparently Minaj has dyed her hair blonde recently, and looked more polished in an ad.

HOW IS THIS REAL?!?!? She does seem to have a completely different style now... I don't mean to sound bad, but this is the style that a lot of trashy "ghetto" girls wear. I don't mean to be offensive here, but it does not look good at all.

I love piercings but they just don't fit with that style.

amanda-bynes-twitpic.jpg

I love piercings but they just don't fit with that style.

amanda-bynes-twitpic.jpg

Whaaaaat?? This is so bazaar! Two facial piercings and a huge tattoo?

Not to mention weird ass hair and outrageous false lashes...

This girl used to be cute and make pretty funny movies. Sigh, what happened to humanity?

Maybe she gave up losing the weight and found a suitable style to complement her fuller image.....

I just read this on Perez Hilton. What happened to her? I hope this is a joke, but apparently she changed her style and posted this picture on her twitter account:
amanda-bynes-makeover-twitpic-1__oPt.jpg

Then she was spotted on the streets like this
amanda-bynes-spotted-nyc-makeover__oPt.jpg

Does anyone here know what's going on with her?

wasn't she going to lose weight? It seems pretty weird...

I guess not being in the actual limelight anymore really wears her down..

Her change seems almost as drastic and desperate as the infamous britney-head-shave