Zendaya Coleman

Haven't heard of her till now. I heard about the Guiliana incident but never bothered to find out who the girl was. She is stunning! I hope we will see more of her!

(NB:Nickelodeon's "Kids' Choice Awards" is probably not an oft-cited source here, but I have a seven year-old daughter, so I take what I can get.)

Zendaya won an award last night, and she was glowing and gracious. Not sure how I feel about her styling, but, eh...its a kids' show, if it leans a bit funky/tacky, that's probably ok.

image.jpg

So happy to see she has a thread!! I absolutely love her, she's so beautiful and such a good role model for young girls. Also - she's managed to graduate from a public high school while starring in a Disney Channel show.

Thought I would add one of my all-time favorite Zendaya looks, it looks just as good on her (if not better?) as on the runway. So few people could actually pull this off.

2015-amas-red-carpet-zendaya-in-emanuel-ungaro.jpg

Zendaya-e1453757158880.jpg

She's got a great body for a Disney star (collarbones and arms in the last pic!) and pulls off most award show looks well but she's incredibly over hyped, and she knows it. I do appreciate her speaking out against racism and sexism, though. I would love to see her getting some more serious roles as she matures to see if she can get over the child star trendiness.

I hate the idea that a thin girl EXISTING is automatically encouraging "impressionable tweens" to starve and become anorexic.

Same, that's ridiculous ! The media will always say skinny celebs give a bad image to teens and lead them straight to anorexia, however they would never say celebs like Gabourey Sidibe or Rebel Wilson are bad role models because they promote obesity. I'm sick of this.
(i'm not saying overweight celebs promote obesity btw, i'm just showing how ridiculous it sounds in reverse)

Slightly OT but I can't believe that I titled this thread using her original full name haha. It's weird now to see her with a last name attached. It's pretty interesting for me to see how far she went in 3 years

Reactions: 1 user
I am developing a soft spot for her, I mean I don't know her much, other than her skinny persona dancing Tango to Zimmer's masterpiece discombobulate but she looks so good in every color and she has a more than a decent body.

Zendaya:-GLAAD-Media-Awards-2016--09-662x956.jpg

32CA151E00000578-3521073-Sleek_and_chic_The_19_year_old_s_red_carpet_look_featured_an_emb-a-15_1459669964481.jpg
32CA151600000578-3521073-Sleek_and_chic_The_19_year_old_s_red_carpet_look_featured_an_emb-a-21_1459669964618.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
She looked great last night too! I see her as a baby Rihanna (definitely skinnier too..) in the way she's always playing w different hairstyles and makeup, it's refreshing and she can pull everything off
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
She's got a great body for a Disney star (collarbones and arms in the last pic!) and pulls off most award show looks well but she's incredibly over hyped, and she knows it. I do appreciate her speaking out against racism and sexism, though. I would love to see her getting some more serious roles as she matures to see if she can get over the child star trendiness.
That's like her bread & butter and half the reason she's trending and SHE KNOWS THIS. So disingenuous**. Be prepared for an onslaught of politically correct, semi-controversial speeches on these topics. At this point, she just says/does the things she does because #omg #goals #queen #slay, and it keeps her in the spotlight. If she could communicate in a non-obnoxious way, I'd take her seriously, but for now, she's just a tiny player in the media rat race.

**Compared to say, Nicki Minaj (who can be/is equally obnoxious) but I've always gotten the feeling she was sincere in what she says she stands for (eg. being pro choice - just an example)

Reactions: 2 users
That's like her bread & butter and half the reason she's trending and SHE KNOWS THIS. So disingenuous**. Be prepared for an onslaught of politically correct, semi-controversial speeches on these topics. At this point, she just says/does the things she does because #omg #goals #queen #slay, and it keeps her in the spotlight. If she could communicate in a non-obnoxious way, I'd take her seriously, but for now, she's just a tiny player in the media rat race.

**Compared to say, Nicki Minaj (who can be/is equally obnoxious) but I've always gotten the feeling she was sincere in what she says she stands for (eg. being pro choice - just an example)

I am wondering why you find what she does obnoxious? I've always found her to be fine because she's mostly reactionary about what she stands for (ie it's not so crazy in your face stuff). She speaks out when someone else has done something, but she doesn't go out and pick fights. What's funny is that I find Nicki Minaj, although sincere, obnoxious because she picks fights with people (ahem, Taylor Swift & Miley Cyrus) over things that those girls never really had control over. Plus I think Nicki is tacky for attacking girls 10 years her junior.

I'm not saying celebrities can't use they're status to voice their opinions or anything either. I just think Zendaya has a polishness in class when she espouses her beliefs, which I think may sometimes be translated to 'fakeness'

Reactions: 2 users