Zendaya Coleman

I'm not saying celebrities can't use they're status to voice their opinions or anything either. I just think Zendaya has a polishness in class when she espouses her beliefs, which I think may sometimes be translated to 'fakeness'
I'll be honest and say I don't really use snapchat, so what I've seen of her snaps are carry overs to instagram. So perhaps only the obnoxious posts carry over, but her whole "girls love yourself do whatever the fuck you want *snaps fingers*" spiel [obviously exaggerated, but it's something similar to this] has me rolling my eyes into the back of my head. It's great that she's invested in female empowerment, but wearing/not wearing makeup/doing whatever you want/ignoring fuckboys (I have yet to figure out what is a "fuckboy"... a douchebag?) are really trivial issues. Issues which coincidentally garner her a lot of views and appreciation posts, which have largely contributed to her current popularity. It seems like she knows this, because the way in which she posts feeds this fire.
Then again, she is super young, so maybe this is what she knows/who she actually is.

Reactions: 4 users
That's like her bread & butter and half the reason she's trending and SHE KNOWS THIS. So disingenuous**. Be prepared for an onslaught of politically correct, semi-controversial speeches on these topics. At this point, she just says/does the things she does because #omg #goals #queen #slay, and it keeps her in the spotlight. If she could communicate in a non-obnoxious way, I'd take her seriously, but for now, she's just a tiny player in the media rat race.

**Compared to say, Nicki Minaj (who can be/is equally obnoxious) but I've always gotten the feeling she was sincere in what she says she stands for (eg. being pro choice - just an example)

I totally agree. I can't put my finger on it, but I get such a disingenuous vibe from her when she talks about political and social issues. At first I thought it was maybe her youth, that she was inexperienced and a bit insecure in voicing her opinions on these topics. Maybe it's a bit of fear of being so open and honest?

Personally I think for Zendaya it is a need to be seen as that cutting edge, intellectual starlet. I admire her cause, raising awareness is an honourable thing. But the intention and execution is so important. You can't just rant about the problems, you need to actively engage in discussions to broaden understanding for everyone.
I think it's important to ask why people are talking about these issues. If it is to better their public image, then they need to reassess their understanding. If it is to genuinely raise awareness, and is done in a totally non selfish way, then I think it's noble. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread (I think?) that her dad is very hands on and controlling, so maybe he pushes her to speak up about things? It would explain a lot.

Anyone who constantly leads an open public discussion on these issues is a lot more admirable imo, than someone who talks about them occasionally or benefits heavily from the positive media attention their 'social activism' gets them.

Anyway, I am sorry for the rant, I just wanted to add my two cents worth on this topic because I have a lot to say on it. Like I said though, it's just my opinion.

Also I'll just leave this here because I'm loving her collarbones in this :luvluv:
Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 12.23.19 pm.png

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be honest and say I don't really use snapchat, so what I've seen of her snaps are carry overs to instagram. So perhaps only the obnoxious posts carry over, but her whole "girls love yourself do whatever the fuck you want *snaps fingers*" spiel [obviously exaggerated, but it's something similar to this] has me rolling my eyes into the back of my head. It's great that she's invested in female empowerment, but wearing/not wearing makeup/doing whatever you want/ignoring fuckboys (I have yet to figure out what is a "fuckboy"... a douchebag?) are really trivial issues. Issues which coincidentally garner her a lot of views and appreciation posts, which have largely contributed to her current popularity. It seems like she knows this, because the way in which she posts feeds this fire.
Then again, she is super young, so maybe this is what she knows/who she actually is.

I don't have a snapchat so I'm out of the loop (honestly, this is the only social media I really use outside of instagram). But I can totally believe that she can be overbearing on snapchat.

As for a fuckboi, he's a player who 'ghosts' on a girl without any indication of why. But then shows up when you and youre friends are throwing an epic party only to act like a sleaze towards you. He drunk calls you at 1/2, &3 am, then claims that youre crazy and obsessed when you text him twice at noon...when you guys had plans. Literally the mentality of a 14 year old boy in a 21 year old body.

I don't have a snapchat so I'm out of the loop (honestly, this is the only social media I really use outside of instagram). But I can totally believe that she can be overbearing on snapchat.

As for a fuckboi, he's a player who 'ghosts' on a girl without any indication of why. But then shows up when you and youre friends are throwing an epic party only to act like a sleaze towards you. He drunk calls you at 1/2, &3 am, then claims that youre crazy and obsessed when you text him twice at noon...when you guys had plans. Literally the mentality of a 14 year old boy in a 21 year old body.
This was so annoying to read. And I can't comprehend it. What is the youth

She looked great last night too! I see her as a baby Rihanna (definitely skinnier too..) in the way she's always playing w different hairstyles and makeup, it's refreshing and she can pull everything off

+1
not by the looks even though the singer probably would kill for Zendaya's body but both give it a go for bold style & fashion choices, hopefully Zendaya will never cross the vulgar / tacky / tasteless route.

kKUJMo4.jpg

dT46N6d.png

D0DwqmX.jpg

reUXC3u.jpg

fE0VI0p.jpg

0v1pYWC.jpg

dTtEvHK.jpg

hlFA7J5.jpg

cVUbsII.jpg

MjbdZiw.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Idk I get good vibes from her. It's always nice to see a young woman sticking up for herself, I don't follow her that much but she always sounds polite and educated on what she's talking about. But I do agree that there is a trend going on w young celebs who tend to rant over things and act like they're social justice warriors just to get praised and it's not genuine...I don't know if any of you here know who Halsey is, but she's a perfect example on what I am talking about, she's a complete joke.

I've never paid any attention to what she has to say, she's very young so I can't imagine it's anything too important. I do however notice what she wears because I think she has a good body and for the most part, she has a pretty good sense of style too (or at least her stylist does). Even when she's wearing something hideous, she still looks reasonable because she's skinny.

Is there any color which doesn't suite her ? She is so chic. :luv:

4u4KqmM.png

Hehe, the woman in the background, I'd stare too

kMgUxYM.png

Reactions: 3 users
I don't know anything about her personality but I love how skinny she is. Whenever I see pics of her at events, she is the skinniest. I also like how she experiments with fashion and always looks put together (maybe it's her stylist that does that but w/e).