Ask a model anything

Some agencies turn the other way, but I've seen my agency immediately address the girls with severe eating disorders. It shocks me that people say bookers encourage drug use/disordered eating, because I've never seen this.
Without giving too much away, they promote healthy eating with heavy workouts, so when one of their development girls has an eating disorder they address the problem immediately.
It's best in the long run, and models who have long, enduring careers make them the most money. Even if several of the agency's girls have been mentioned on this site as being "too large", there's no denying the fact that they bring in millions each year.
Long story short, yes they care. I'm sure some VIPs/insiders with other agencies could provide you with an entirely different answer though.
This stands true to my observation too.

I have a question: how much do most of models eat a day? I know that not much, but how low is it exactly calorie-wise? Someone on here mentioned regular fasts earlier- how many a month/week? If one of VIPs could answer, that'd be great :) thanks.

Some agencies turn the other way, but I've seen my agency immediately address the girls with severe eating disorders. It shocks me that people say bookers encourage drug use/disordered eating, because I've never seen this.
Without giving too much away, they promote healthy eating with heavy workouts, so when one of their development girls has an eating disorder they address the problem immediately.
It's best in the long run, and models who have long, enduring careers make them the most money. Even if several of the agency's girls have been mentioned on this site as being "too large", there's no denying the fact that they bring in millions each year.
Long story short, yes they care. I'm sure some VIPs/insiders with other agencies could provide you with an entirely different answer though.

That's really a relief to hear! I'm glad that agencies are looking out for their models' health, even if it's for selfish reasons. Thanks for sharing.

I have a question: how much do most of models eat a day? I know that not much, but how low is it exactly calorie-wise? Someone on here mentioned regular fasts earlier- how many a month/week? If one of VIPs could answer, that'd be great :) thanks.
I second this also!

That's really a relief to hear! I'm glad that agencies are looking out for their models' health, even if it's for selfish reasons. Thanks for sharing.

I second this also!

Here are some answers already given in this thread.

"I'd say alot of the girls only eat around 700 calories max a day - but they seem fine - not deprived one bit. "
http://www.skinnygossip.com/communi...-ask-a-model-anything.1817/page-11#post-85793

The post below results in loss not maintenance.

"I like to stay well under 1000calories a day, especially now because I try to eat only 1 meal a day (dinner). Because I do alot of fitness classes and the cardio machines (especially ellipticals) are not accurate, I have no idea how many calories I burn! I'd like to think I burn atleast 500calories at the gym."
http://www.skinnygossip.com/communi...-ask-a-model-anything.1817/page-11#post-85804

"I'd say alot of the girls only eat around 700 calories max a day - but they seem fine - not deprived one bit. "
http://www.skinnygossip.com/communi...-ask-a-model-anything.1817/page-11#post-85793

"I like to stay well under 1000calories a day, especially now because I try to eat only 1 meal a day (dinner). Because I do alot of fitness classes and the cardio machines (especially ellipticals) are not accurate, I have no idea how many calories I burn! I'd like to think I burn atleast 500calories at the gym."
http://www.skinnygossip.com/communi...-ask-a-model-anything.1817/page-11#post-85804

Well I don't doubt that there are some extreme methods used - there's thin, and then there's model thin. I know it takes major commitment (i.e. major restriction). Obviously agencies know this. But extreme methods are not the same as having an ED, and I still stand by my previous statement: I find it a relief to hear that some agencies will step in and support models who have EDs and doing it in a mentally unhealthy/unsustainable way.

Well I don't doubt that there are some extreme methods used - there's thin, and then there's model thin. I know it takes major commitment (i.e. major restriction). Obviously agencies know this. But extreme methods are not the same as having an ED, and I still stand by my previous statement: I find it a relief to hear that some agencies will step in and support models who have EDs and doing it in a mentally unhealthy/unsustainable way.

Oh crap sorry I quoted the wrong person!
I meant to quote this person...

read my post above please -
http://www.skinnygossip.com/communi...ask-a-model-anything.1817/page-20#post-227631

I'm curious as to whether this is for maintenance or weight loss. Are most BMR calculators wrong then, because for a 100-110lb model, maintenance should be around 1500kcal?

Reactions: 1 user
I'd like to know if any of the models on here have found their self esteem going up or down after they got into this industry. I can imagine lot of advantages and disadvantages to each side, and I guess it comes down to how you are as a person, but Id like to none the less hear it from one of you beautiful people :)

I'd like to know if any of the models on here have found their self esteem going up or down after they got into this industry. I can imagine lot of advantages and disadvantages to each side, and I guess it comes down to how you are as a person, but Id like to none the less hear it from one of you beautiful people :)
From my perspective, it just becomes an ongoing yo yo of loving yourself and hating yourself entirely based on feedback and how much work you're getting at the time. It's a mindfuck, and of course you need thick skin, but I honestly don't believe that anyone can truly say that they've got to a point where the criticism doesn't wear them down even the tiniest bit. I would say that 90% of models I know are significantly more self conscious and lacking in self esteem than the girls I know who have never modeled in their life.

Reactions: 6 users
Could any model share their best and worst experiences while working?

Worst experience was when bad shoes rubbed blisters on my feet... it happens a lot, but this time was the worst. I didn't want to be "that girl" so I didn't say anything and just worked through it. I still have the scars on my feet- it was disgusting. After work I climbed out of the car and sat on the sidewalk outside my bf's house. He had to carry me inside because it hurt too much to walk.. Needless to say a little wine, a hot bath, and sex made me feel better. ;)

Best experiences are always when clients/photographers are happy. Happy clients == more $$. Other than that no shoot comes to mind for being the best, some are better than others.

i heard a rumor about a leading model, who is not in the public eye like cara for example, quietly went to rehab lately... anybody any clue who this could be and for what reason?

i heard a rumor about a leading model, who is not in the public eye like cara for example, quietly went to rehab lately... anybody any clue who this could be and for what reason?

http://blindgossip.com/?p=70712

[Blind Gossip] This famous athlete recently got out of reh*b. We found out that although he was quietly tucked away in a facility in an East Coast state… he wasn’t completely alone!

While he was there, he became very friendly with a professional model who was also being treated in the same facility. No one knows that she was in reh*b. She is not a public figure in the same way as a Cara Delevigne or a Kendall Jenner, so it’s not like she is followed around on the streets or is constantly the source of tabloid fodder. However, if you work in the modeling industry, you would definitely know her, as she is one of the top 50 models in the world right now.

The athlete’s girlfriend might be seeing red if she knew how friendly the two had gotten in the time that he was being treated. Given his girlfriend’s predilection for partying, though, it might not be a bad idea for the athlete to dump her in favor of someone who is also committed to being sober!

Athlete:

Sport/Team:

Model:

http://blindgossip.com/?p=70712

[Blind Gossip] This famous athlete recently got out of reh*b. We found out that although he was quietly tucked away in a facility in an East Coast state… he wasn’t completely alone!

While he was there, he became very friendly with a professional model who was also being treated in the same facility. No one knows that she was in reh*b. She is not a public figure in the same way as a Cara Delevigne or a Kendall Jenner, so it’s not like she is followed around on the streets or is constantly the source of tabloid fodder. However, if you work in the modeling industry, you would definitely know her, as she is one of the top 50 models in the world right now.

The athlete’s girlfriend might be seeing red if she knew how friendly the two had gotten in the time that he was being treated. Given his girlfriend’s predilection for partying, though, it might not be a bad idea for the athlete to dump her in favor of someone who is also committed to being sober!

Athlete:

Sport/Team:

Model:

i got it from a different source, but maybe ace was the original one posting this. where smoke is, there is fire, right?
so do you have any clues @Whippet Girl ? i don't know what athlete could that be.

i got it from a different source, but maybe ace was the original one posting this. where smoke is, there is fire, right?
so do you have any clues @Whippet Girl ? i don't know what athlete could that be.
I'm pretty sure that Johnny Manziel of the Cleveland Browns just got out of rehab. No idea where he was in treatment but the timeline fits.
Zero idea on the model but if she really is in the top 50 its a huge upgrade from his current girlfriend.

I love blind items (I'm so nosey!) but they're so frustrating because I'm always out of the loop! I'd love to know if any of you girls figure it out! :sneaky: