Your favourite Photographer?

Papillon

Runt
Feb 26, 2013
Germany
So, as I'm a sucker when it comes to photography I'd like to know who are your favourites :) I always find it interesting how taste differs and what kinds of photography are mostly liked! Annnd it's alway amazing to discover new photographers, some of them definitely deserve their success!

For me personally, I'm mostly into Fine Art Photography. Not too photoshop-manipulated but I love a hint of magic.

My favourite is definitely Kirsty Mitchell - her photographs are all real and shot on location, no photoshop involved (just normal retouch)
tumblr_mayt9xUJbx1rv810so2_500.jpg

Kirsty-Mitchell02.jpg

Annnnd of course Tim Walker (I think he's more a fashion photographer, but Storyteller nevertheless)

Tim_Walker_Story-Teller.jpg

tim-walker-stairway-lily-cole.jpg

I also love Christian Schuller and his colorfulk works, he's an amazing fashion photographer.
kristian-schuller-fashion-photography-600x381.jpg

kristian-schuller-fashion-photography-5b-600x600.jpg

Solve Sundsbo - So creative!
Untitled-8.jpg

hair-storm-by-solve-sundsbo.jpg

Kristian Schuller
kristian-schuller-fashion-moda-photography-chicquero-powder-splash.jpg

Paolo Roversi - Love the gloomy, melancholy vibe present throughout most of his work.
Haute+Tension+by+Paolo+Roversi+for+Vogue+Italia%E2%80%99s+September+2011+Couture+Supplement+10.jpeg

Alexi Lubomirski
karlie-kloss-by-alexi-lubomirski-vogue-germany-december-2011-vii.jpg

Tim Walker - whimsical. Everything is a fairytale.
Karlie-Kloss-by-Tim-Walker-for-Vogue-India-1.jpg

Peter Lindbergh
Peter_Lindbergh_CO_Berlin_On_Street_3.jpeg

Bruce Weber - His photography is very down to earth. No silly frills or embellishments.
acqua-di-gic3b2-essenza-directors-cut-feat-simon-nessman-for-giorgio-armani-by-bruce-weber.jpg

Steven Meisel - Versatile. He's covered so many different themes and styles.
tyra.jpg

Patrick Demarchelier - Classic. He has so many iconic studio shots.
bv92.jpg

My number one favorite is Tim Walker. Everything he does looks like a fantasy, a magical story, something whimsical, ethereal and out-of-this-world-beautiful. :luv:

2.png

tumblr_m8e257HmNB1qg3ttqo1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8x1yg2Ppk1qz9qooo1_1280.jpg

2435341100_ddbd3291e3_b.jpg

181481059953718370_Za4HAiOU.jpg

Although she wasn't a fashion photographer in the strictest sense of the word, although she did a bit, Francesca Woodman's work has always fascinated me. It's so gritty and dark, really not my usual sort of thing but her images always make me think. A lot of hers are self-nudes and she's not always skinny but they're quite beautiful in a haunting way... more for what you can interpret them as, as oppose to what they really look like. Particularly when you look at her tragic life story :(

AR00351_9.jpg

AR00357_9.jpg

AR00358_9.jpg

AR00348_9.jpg

Francesca-Woodman-006.jpg

artwork_images_969_733344_francesca-woodman.jpg

4_jpg_470x364_q85.jpg

FW_NH_021.jpg

I like loads, many of whom have already been mentioned (Walker, Weber, Lindbergh, Dermachalier). I think my absolute favourite current one is Steven Meisel though, who's also been mentioned. I particularly like his more subversive images.

X7nq6qde-SsDax0ONfnp-JPUSuWWBCzcbuAdXp0sjUCHYMqCkJa_k4WDYgXhutwb9WAobdIjnM5KVUm0eZBJqJ4gfC0D7jak88El4LIBLfSm28vURNW-ul5ang

steven7_290505.jpg

Pictures9.jpg

I also like David La Chapelle, although I don't think he does much fashion photography anymore. He the protogee of Andy Warhol and he's got that whole impressionistic thing of Tim Walker, but it's more acid trip, less whimsical.

Favim.com-16176.jpg

Polina-AnnaJ-AGreatStory-DavidLaChapelle-VogueIT2004October-zob.jpg

I also love Guy Bourdin's work despite myself (because he was apparently a total photographer-cliche creep). His images had a glossy, stylized yet dark quality to them.
Bourdin%20Guy%202003%2006%2001%20A%20010.jpg

Imagen-21.png

39867730-b5d7-4c26-9371-d8f8186b1463-620x398.jpeg

30291-1_l.jpg

L-Instant-Chanel-Watches_07.jpg

I had to stop and close Tatler the first time I saw the Demarchelier Chanel pictures. So clean, so perfect, and the amazing mirroring of the watch hands and the models, and the feel of a sporty watch compared to a decorative one. I can't decide which one of these two are my favourites.