What should Skinny Gurls avoid?

Depends on Skinny Gurls body ;)

Even if skinny body shapes are DIFFERENT AS HELL.

:grin:

Super true! For example, I still have large thighs, but really skinny arms (no matter what I do, I can't build muscle in my upper body or take it away from my lower...) So I do things that minimize my legs and flatter my arms without making them look ridiculously thin.

Also, height is an important component - I'm pretty short and as much as I wish I could wear cropped pants, they make me look even shorter! D: But I can wear 6 inch heels without towering... ;)

Super true! For example, I still have large thighs, but really skinny arms (no matter what I do, I can't build muscle in my upper body or take it away from my lower...) So I do things that minimize my legs and flatter my arms without making them look ridiculously thin.

Also, height is an important component - I'm pretty short and as much as I wish I could wear cropped pants, they make me look even shorter! D: But I can wear 6 inch heels without towering... ;)

@littlelle , I have the same problem, my upper part is skinny and the lower (love handles and thighs) are huge compared to my arms and my torso (I even have a xylophone and I'm not even skinny yet), so I am looking for ways to make my thighs smaller and you mentioned you work on that as well. Would you mind sharing your exercise routine, or foods you avoid that may make these matters worse? I'd love to know ;) thanks in advance hun :luv:

Last edited by a moderator:
@jbeyes I posted some body shots and later my exercise/eating routine in the Skinny Showcase when I weighed 99.2, I'll repeat here though.

Winter is hard exercise-wise, because it's so cold out, but my school has a gym and so I usually do HIIT on the stationary bike for maybe 30 minutes, coupled with a long weightlifting/abs sequence. In addition, I rockclimb, play ultimate frisbee, ski, and just move around a lot in my life.

I'm vegetarian (going vegan when I get back to school after winter break!) and I eat a lot (a lot!) of fruits and vegetables, coupled with beans, tofu, or peanut butter if I'm feeling indulgent. I also drink milk and take vitamin and calcium supplements. Lots of water, lots of tea and coffee. ;) I don't aim for any particular calorie goals unless I really need to push myself and lose weight quickly.

@jbeyes I posted some body shots and later my exercise/eating routine in the Skinny Showcase when I weighed 99.2, I'll repeat here though.

Winter is hard exercise-wise, because it's so cold out, but my school has a gym and so I usually do HIIT on the stationary bike for maybe 30 minutes, coupled with a long weightlifting/abs sequence. In addition, I rockclimb, play ultimate frisbee, ski, and just move around a lot in my life.

I'm vegetarian (going vegan when I get back to school after winter break!) and I eat a lot (a lot!) of fruits and vegetables, coupled with beans, tofu, or peanut butter if I'm feeling indulgent. I also drink milk and take vitamin and calcium supplements. Lots of water, lots of tea and coffee. ;) I don't aim for any particular calorie goals unless I really need to push myself and lose weight quickly.

You surely do move a lot!
I'm a vegetarian as well and I'm really working on eating more fruit. I love vegetables and eat lots of them, but in the fruit department I get stuck with apples and kiwis, I need to broaden my fruit intake, because I know they are very good for the body.
Also, I take vitamin B supplement, no calcium needed yet, I drink lots of milk with my big coffees and eat a reasonable amount of cheese so doc says I don't need one for one.
Thanks a lot, I'm setting myself the goal of doing more focused exercises at least 4 times a week in January and February, I'ts summer here so I'm thinking I've got a chance, winter makes me soo lazy!
:kiss:

You surely do move a lot!
I'm a vegetarian as well and I'm really working on eating more fruit. I love vegetables and eat lots of them, but in the fruit department I get stuck with apples and kiwis, I need to broaden my fruit intake, because I know they are very good for the body.
Also, I take vitamin B supplement, no calcium needed yet, I drink lots of milk with my big coffees and eat a reasonable amount of cheese so doc says I don't need one for one.
Thanks a lot, I'm setting myself the goal of doing more focused exercises at least 4 times a week in January and February, I'ts summer here so I'm thinking I've got a chance, winter makes me soo lazy!
:kiss:

oh my god I know what you mean all I want to do is curl up under a blanket!! (and eat, but that's another problem... :oops:)

Focused exercise is hard to do, but it works so well to keep your weight down. Even better than restriction, in my opinion. When I was in high school I ran cross country and was ridiculously thin, just because I would run for over an hour a day!

I think it's really about BALANCE.

Example:
- a SG looks good with an Oversized Jumper/Pullover...when she wears fitting legging or anything that make the skinnyness of her legs stand out.
- Oversized dressed ( or any other oversized piece of clothing), a SG gotta show skinny arms, or skinny/flat tummy, or xylo/collarbones etc.

Typically here, there is no balance.
aolsen.jpg

P.S: This grandma, tant-like "dress" is So Ugly WTF?! Not even Frida G. or Anna S. can look hot in this :meh:

Apart from that detail, a SG can pull anything off.

Depends on the girl honestly, but I would say even for a skinny girl, short people should not wear long boots without a heel or long coats. They just make them look even shorter (I would know :nopity:).

Sometimes I just feel like skinny girls can actually pull off anything (not true, but almost)
b79107442.jpg

47b1a97-C1.jpg

snejanadois.jpg

Seriously if I saw either Snejana or Kasia at a party in exactly what they're wearing in those pictures, they would still look x1000000 better than everyone, even the girls who put in a lot of effort into finding a nice dress, wearing a lot of makeup etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Anything that fits poorly. This applies to anyone of any size. But as for specific styles...
If you are skinny with big boobs, then loose sweaters/tops/dresses look AWFUL. They tent off of your boobs so they make it look like you have a massive stomach.
Jeans that aren't skinny. Having lots of bulk at the bottom of pants does not flatter the leg imo.

In my opinion, I think skinny gurls should avoid

For example: turtlenecks for those with big boobs (I would love to pull this one off).

I have slightly larger than average boobs for a person my size and love turtle neck sweaters. i think they emphasize a slimness. As long as its a fitted one and not baggy.

I have wider hips but my legs are still skinny, so I like to wear skinny jeans with loose tops. If I have something accentuate my waist it just makes my hips look fat instead of making my waist tiny S:

I also like A-line dresses, tight on top (where I'm small), cover my hips, and show off my thin legs :)