Unbearable Lightness-Portia deRossi Book Link

Discussion in 'Celebrities' started by Brunette Princess, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Brunette Princess

[​IMG]

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum..I have tons of books like this and diet/fitness materials I'd love to share. If anyone can direct me to the proper location to post, please do!

This is by far my favorite book about a real person's fight with anorexia. I've read it twice and it's great. Highly recommend!

Here is a link to a PDF file of it. Click on the grey "Download this file" button, and then input the captcha letters to star the download. Unbearable Lightness PDF

• Like Like x 2
  2. funnyvalentine

3. romanticism

romanticism Guest

Thanks for sharing!

I will read it as soon as I'm done reading The Hobbit. :3

4. horseangel220

horseangel220 Rookie

Thanks! I've been wanting to read this since it came out. Just downloaded ;)

5. I've read this book! A brilliant read - so honest and relate-able

6. Coffee_Girl

Coffee_Girl Rookie

7. Hkitkat

Hkitkat Guest

I just read this. Did this book make anyone feel any differently about the way they approach eating??

8. Brunette Princess

Too funny, I just started reading The Fellowship of the Ring.

9. alsrudtj124

alsrudtj124 Guest

Yes. I couldn't finish it. I just started becoming depressed and just as manic as I started reading it. I feel like if I read it more, I'll develop ED-like symptoms as well.

10. Nala

Nala Rookie

I just started reading it too and it's shocking because I find a lot of myself in there. How she talks about her body and her permanent worries about what people might think of her and her body...
    But yet I don't have an ED, or have I? Do I already have an ED when it messes with my mind but not with my body? I'm not thin, hence I couldn't possibly be anorexic. I don't binge and purge, hence I'm not bulemic.
    I'm not a professional when it comes to eating disorders but I feel so well understood as I keep on reading the book.

I just read the chapter where she had to strip on Ally McBeal. Her friend told her she looked normal and healthy in this scene, and this is the same like fat and average to Portia. I searched on the internet for this scene because I thought "Yeah. No way that she's not looking thin in this scene". But then I saw it and thought: she really didn't look thin to me..

It's all so disturbing in a way...

11. Anna

Anna Rookie

The website is blocked on my residence's internet :( could somebody pretty please send me it with email or another method?

12. Nala

Nala Rookie

@AnnaLB you can PM me your email and I can send it to you. I tried it here but I can't add any attachments

#12 Nala, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Alexis767

Alexis767 Worker Bee

I've used this book to trigger myself before... which is awful. I feel so guilty about it now. She wrote the book to help people recover.

14. SugarKane

SugarKane Rookie

I have the audiobook of this, and it's so beautiful and heartbreaking when read by Portia herself. It not only speaks to those who have eating disorders, but also other forms of mental illness too like anxiety disorders and OCD, and I think it is a great book for that reason too.

15. Xsmall

Xsmall Super Star

I read and loved this book!

16. Nala

Nala Rookie

Do you know if I can find it somewhere on the internet?

17. Elisa

Elisa Worker Bee

Which scene is that? can you post the link please? i'd like to see it!

18. Nala

Nala Rookie

Sure you can find it here: part 3 at 2:13 mins

part 1 & part 2 are also worth watching

19. Nala

Nala Rookie

OMG I totally misunderstood.... wrong thread, sorry. @Skinny2012 @ExtraShot can you delete my post (nr. 18)? Thank you!

@Elisa: I couldn't find this scene on youtube, so I watched the episode here. I think it starts at 28 minutes

#19 Nala, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  20. SugarKane

SugarKane Rookie

I'm sure you can find a torrent of it somewhere, but I loved the book so much I just bought it from itunes, so I'm not sure where you can get it for free