Thinspiration Movies & Shows

B

biancarachelle

Any movies or TV shows over eating disorders or thinspiration!

[Moderator note: Eating disorders are serious illnesses. We have a zero tolerance policy for the glamorization of eating disorders, and we immediately ban anyone who does it (after sending them an email that includes several sources of no-cost assistance).

If you find eating disorders "inspiring", or you believe you may be suffering from an eating disorder, please talk to your health practitioner or seek help.

Skinny Gossip has always been dedicated to healthy skinny. Health always comes first - mental and physical. We wholeheartedly reject the romanticization of any illness, particularly the cancer that is "pro ana" and similar digital subcultures centered on the glorification of self-harm.

It's hard to love life when you don't love yourself, and especially if you're living in a body that isn't vibrant and healthy. Please put your health and well-being first. Don't be afraid to ask for help – it's not a sign of weakness; it's a sign of strength.

There's nothing sexy about being sick.]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Ooh, good idea!

I love watching weight-loss shows (Supersize vs Superskinny, Big: Extreme Makeover, etc.)

I like movies about dancers or ballarinas, like Black Swan and Center Stage.

Does anyone of you know a great documentary about dancers/ballarinas?

Thinspo+0016+%25285%2529.jpg

Can I watch this documentary online/on youtube?

Yeah the link is posted in another thread here called "The september issue".
There's also other interesting stuff to see on there, you should take a look ;)

Totally agree with Black Swan it's a great motivator (makes you wanna work out too). Anything with a beautiful and skinny actress is good. Pretty Little Liars is my like, guilty pleasure show.

Black Swan, Center Stage, and Stick It really motivate me to work out. Stick It's a really cute and funny movie. The girls are pretty muscular since they're gymnasts I guess but they're still thin lol:rolleyes: good motivation.
Skins is an amazing show. Cassie and Effy are so freaking skinny:luv: And I know it's weird since the girls are like 10 years old but I like watching Dance Moms as thinspo:wtf: Supersize vs Superskinny too. I get so grossed out when it shows the fat people eating all that food :superpuke:
Some other movies that I love and motivate me are
Black Swan, Keeping the Secret, A Secret Between Friends, Thirteen, Thin, The Runaways, Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body omggg, The Uninvited, Sleeping Beauty, and Sucker Punch. I love Emily Browning! She's so tiny and her face is absolutely stunning! Also Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette and The Virgin Suicides♥

Keira Knightley movies are also a thinspiration for me. Atonement and Pride & Prejudice are two of my favourite movies. I think she also looked great in the movie Domino, but the movie wasn't that good.

I don't know about thinspiration movies, but I know a lot of good movies based on eating disorders.

For The Love of Nancy(can be watched on youtube)

i just watched that so thanks for sharing. oh my gosh, its terrifying. eating disorders really scare me, it must be so awful for everybody involved. watching things like this really motivate me to be healthy and not do anything extreme, because slipping into an eating disorder sounds like a nightmare.

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone knows a film I'm trying to find. I saw a trailer of it once, about two women with eating disorders, one super skinny with anorexia who can't bring herself to eat and another rather fat with binge eating problems who can't bring herself to stop eating. Anyone?

There was a show on lifetime called "starving secrets" (as recent as november/december)
Im not sure if it will get picked up for a second season but it was definitely a triggering show!
I also loved "scouted" on E.
Oh and our annual ... VS fashion show! Every year I watch it I dont eat for like, a week! haha.. so thinspiring

I dont watch documentaries about anorexia because not only do I find them really sad and distressing, I also think afterwards "yeah! I should totally have some cake, I don't want to be like that!"

I am addicted to SS v SS, and I also just watched a TV series called "The Model Agency" about Elite Model Management in London and it was pretty interesting.

I agree with everyone. Black Swan is definitely my favorite. Picture Me and The September Issue are also fabulous. There's a great documentary on Karl Lagerfeld in French. I can't remember what it's called. Trashy Ch4 shows are always great. Didn't know about The Model Agency, but I will definitely check that out. Thanks girls!