The Devil Wears Prada

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Lolita, May 31, 2013.

1. Lolita

Lolita Banned
    Banned

There isn't a thread on this movie yet.. But I enjoyed it, and it's good thinspo as well. It also had some of its downsides (for example, I didn't really like Andrea Sach's character, she's too whiny).

Also, I don't work in the fashion industry or anything, and I obviously understand the movie is supposed to be a parody (to a certain extent) but it seems quite misrepresentative of the whole fashion world. (even though, I get it, it's kind of the point of the movie)

Gisele Bundchen plays in it as well. It's funny because according to IMDB, ''Gisele B√ľndchen agreed to be in the movie only if she didn't play a model''.

It's also got the very talented Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. I must say that Anne H. looked really gorgeous in the movie!

(I especially like the second one from the right in this picture):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, am I the only one that finds that Adrian Grenier (who plays Andrea's boyfriend) was kinda (very) hot in the movie?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What did you girls think of the movie? :kiss:

2. Miss_Skinny

Miss_Skinny Worker Bee

I liked Meryl Streep. I read somewhere that the character is based on Anna Wintour.

And I also liked some of the lines in the movie such as:

"See, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything. And right before I feel I'm going to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

"Yes, because that's really what this whole multibillion-dollar industry is all about, isn't it? Inner beauty."

3. BellaNicole

BellaNicole Rookie

"I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

I love Devil Wears Prada, it is one of my absolute favorite movies. While I don't think that Anne Hathaway was very skinny, she did look tons better and I liked seeing the transformation throughout the movie. Emily Blunt looked fabulous as well-and I don't care what Meryl Streep's body looks like, she is perfection. And the clothes!

Excuse me while I go watch the movie again...

4. classichic

classichic Super Star

I agree that third picture is lovely, and those suede boots :luv::luv:
    But the thighs in the first picture :run:

I like The Devil Wears Prada. I think Anne Hathaway looked the best here but still not thinspo for me. But I still love her, I pretty much like all her movies. I've loved her since day one. I honestly don't know why people don't like her. I always hear people say like yeah all Anne Hathaway movies are bad etc. Yeah they're not supposed to be like must sees or whatever, they're just easy light movies.

I think Adrian Grenier is hot. And that other blonde guy is hot too. :)
    And I love Merryl Streep.
    I didn't like that Andy was whiny but I still liked her in the movie. I actually didn't like Gisele in the movie, I thought her role was insignificant.
    I also heard that the movie was loosely based on Anna Wintour and apparently she didn't like it (not sure whether it was the portrayal of her/or the movie itself or both).

Hmm you're making me want to watch it right now. :grin:

5. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

It is a film adaptation of the book of the same name, which was written by Lauren Weisberger, former personal assistant of Anna. :nervous: She reportedly warned designers who were invited to make cameos in the movie that if they accepted, they would be banned from Vogue (as far as I know the only one who did appear was Valentino Garavani? :confused:).

But apparently Anna said later that she enjoyed the film and liked Meryl Streep's character's "decisive nature". :sneaky:

6. WildwoodFlower

A new book is coming out: revenge wears prada. It should be good!!!