The Devil Wears Prada

Lolita

Banned
Banned
Mar 21, 2013
Netherlands
There isn't a thread on this movie yet.. But I enjoyed it, and it's good thinspo as well. It also had some of its downsides (for example, I didn't really like Andrea Sach's character, she's too whiny).

Also, I don't work in the fashion industry or anything, and I obviously understand the movie is supposed to be a parody (to a certain extent) but it seems quite misrepresentative of the whole fashion world. (even though, I get it, it's kind of the point of the movie)

Gisele Bundchen plays in it as well. It's funny because according to IMDB, ''Gisele Bündchen agreed to be in the movie only if she didn't play a model''.

It's also got the very talented Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. I must say that Anne H. looked really gorgeous in the movie!

(I especially like the second one from the right in this picture):

Anne+Hathaway.jpg

fashion%20nightmare.jpg

devil-wears-prada-nigel-fashion-closet-shk.jpg

emily+with+gisele.jpg

By the way, am I the only one that finds that Adrian Grenier (who plays Andrea's boyfriend) was kinda (very) hot in the movie?

Andy-friends-the-devil-wears-prada-beer-phone-shk.jpg

Prada1.jpg

thedevilwearspradapubo.jpg

What did you girls think of the movie? :kiss:

I liked Meryl Streep. I read somewhere that the character is based on Anna Wintour.

And I also liked some of the lines in the movie such as:

"See, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything. And right before I feel I'm going to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

"Yes, because that's really what this whole multibillion-dollar industry is all about, isn't it? Inner beauty."

"I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

I love Devil Wears Prada, it is one of my absolute favorite movies. While I don't think that Anne Hathaway was very skinny, she did look tons better and I liked seeing the transformation throughout the movie. Emily Blunt looked fabulous as well-and I don't care what Meryl Streep's body looks like, she is perfection. And the clothes!

Excuse me while I go watch the movie again...

I agree that third picture is lovely, and those suede boots :luv::luv:
But the thighs in the first picture :run:

I like The Devil Wears Prada. I think Anne Hathaway looked the best here but still not thinspo for me. But I still love her, I pretty much like all her movies. I've loved her since day one. I honestly don't know why people don't like her. I always hear people say like yeah all Anne Hathaway movies are bad etc. Yeah they're not supposed to be like must sees or whatever, they're just easy light movies.

I think Adrian Grenier is hot. And that other blonde guy is hot too. :)
And I love Merryl Streep.
I didn't like that Andy was whiny but I still liked her in the movie. I actually didn't like Gisele in the movie, I thought her role was insignificant.
I also heard that the movie was loosely based on Anna Wintour and apparently she didn't like it (not sure whether it was the portrayal of her/or the movie itself or both).

Hmm you're making me want to watch it right now. :grin:

I also heard that the movie was loosely based on Anna Wintour and apparently she didn't like it (not sure whether it was the portrayal of her/or the movie itself or both).

It is a film adaptation of the book of the same name, which was written by Lauren Weisberger, former personal assistant of Anna. :nervous: She reportedly warned designers who were invited to make cameos in the movie that if they accepted, they would be banned from Vogue (as far as I know the only one who did appear was Valentino Garavani? :confused:).

But apparently Anna said later that she enjoyed the film and liked Meryl Streep's character's "decisive nature". :sneaky:

A new book is coming out: revenge wears prada. It should be good!!!