'The Dark Knight Rises'

I was probably the only one who didn't like it.
I loved The Dark Knight. And I expected something as brillant, just without Joker.
I expected a lot and was disappointed.

SPOILER ALERT!!

I didn't like the villain. I though the villain's story was weak and their motivation was not convincing. I was annoyed with plotholes. I hated the predictability of every scene "How many times can he try to climb out of the pit? Well, he's sure to fail the first time and the second and then someone will give him a hint". I was annoyed with the fact that every damn dialogue had to end with a pun (and a weak one). Catwoman looked hot but was poorly written and I had a feeling that Anne Hathaway cringed every time when she had to deliver another stupid pun.
I would say, if I was trapped in my city knowing that I might die any second now, I would go batshit insane. The citizens, however, seemed to be quite fine. The cops couldn't leave the sewers but they were well fed, clean, and in great physical condition :)
Etc, etc.
Bale, Oldman, Caine, Freeman were great as usual.

I agree with this. Visually, the movie was great (the fight in the sewers was epic), plot wise, not so much. Waaaaaaaay to many plot holes. I would have enjoyed Bane's character without Talia a lot more. I felt like they screwed his character up.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't care for the movie. Mediocre.

I loved The Dark Knight, so this was a big disappointment.

***spoilers ahead***

First, Bain was a lame villain... the mask really killed the acting.

Then a million plot holes. For example, in the big fight where Batman is punching Bain.... ahhh, what are all Bain's lackeys doing? Why are they punching each other instead of using guns? The scene was so stupid.

Batman getting stuck in that prison..... okay, that was about as lame as in the Batman tv show when the villain would trap Batman in a giant sand hourglass and leave.... and then Batman would escape. Why does the villain just leave Batman in a place where he KNOWS he can escape? Also putting him that prison was just so ridiculous.

Anne Hathaway (Catwoman) beating up any guys..... that was unbelievable.

The ice scene.... the ice is very unstable and people die from the ice breaking and you are going to melt it with FIRE? That makes no sense.

Where were all of Batman's cool toys?

That's the thing with Batman.... all his gadgets.... and also he is good at solving mysteries.... this plot was just like a big behemoth mowing forward and no mysteries to solve and no gadgets.

Just overall.... weak sauce.

Reactions: 1 users
tumblr_m84vp4T7lj1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg
:lol::lol::lol::highfive: God! that is so funny cause it's so true.

as for the movie, loved it. I was really worried that I would hate Anne as cat woman, but she did a great job.

The ice scene.... the ice is very unstable and people die from the ice breaking and you are going to melt it with FIRE? That makes no sense.

ehm, sorry but.. when do they melt it?:wtf:

THIS MOVIE WAS THE KING OF ALL PLOT TWISTS OKAY I LOVED IT!!! :drool::drool::drool:
Can't wait to see it again, it was so effin good but no I have to see batman begins because I never saw it.

ehm, sorry but.. when do they melt it?:wtf:

When Batman has the gasoline trail on the ice and he lights the fire in front of Commissioner Gordon on the ice. The flames burn across the ice (melting it) up to the giant flaming bat symbol on the side of the building.

When Batman has the gasoline trail on the ice and he lights the fire in front of Commissioner Gordon on the ice. The flames burn across the ice (melting it) up to the giant flaming bat symbol on the side of the building.

no, it's only flaming the bat symbol, i think?

I'm probably the odd one here, but I thought it was an okay movie - enjoyable to watch but not particularly brilliant, with poor editing. I feel like Nolan made an epic movie and lots of bits and pieces got cut, affecting the flow of the continuity.

For example, a simple one-liner would've sufficed to explain where the HECK was that prison he was thrown into, and HOW they got there. And also, HOW he managed to travel from the godforsaken prison to Gotham, without it visually apparent that time had elapsed. Instead, it looked like the prison was like in the next town over and he hotfooted it back like a stroll in the park. At least a couple of scenes with him riding a camel/hitchhiking/calling a cab/hijacking a plane to explain how he made it back.

When the part where Gordon found the flare and lit it up and it revealed the Batman symbol on the building, we all started laughing because the idea of Batman sitting around painting the symbol with kerosene, laying the trail down to the ice, somehow managing to predict that 1) Gordon would be caught and 2) Gordon would be sent to the ice, was way too farfetched. I understand the concept of suspension of disbelief, but for a film that is supposed to be a grittier, more 'real' version of Batman, it became more like a cheap visual gimmick.

Apart from those plot holes it was a visual orgasm. Anne Hathaway is SO DAMN HOT in it, and her interpretation was lovely, and Joseph Gordon-Lewitt is too cute!

I felt like the continuity was bad. It came off "choppy" too often-- yes, i get it's going for a chaotic feel, but it didn't really work great. Was somewhat confusing at times and with blatant holes.

I loved, LOVED all the underlying political stuff. I love batman. And I oved Anne Hathaway. But i walked away feeling like artistically, it just was not as good as it coulda been.

I felt like some of the parts in between were a little tedious and I couldn't get into it. But otherwise pretty good. I had pretty low standards for Anne Hathaway so I thought she did well (for her at least). Lol the mask kept annoying me I wanted to see what would happened if it broke... idk I'm weird

I think Tom Hardy did a great job. I didn't expect him to be anywhere as good as Heath Ledger but he surprised me. He didn't have his face to help show the character and tell the story, but he did so much physically - you saw who this character was just through his movements.

He was already great in Inception and i hope he'll get bigger roles in the future.

I agree. Does anyone know his other movies?

I only saw him in Inception.

I agree. Does anyone know his other movies?

I only saw him in Inception.

The only other movies I have seen him in are 'Warrior', 'Rock n Rolla' and 'This Means War'

You can always search for him on imdb.com for a list of his filmography.

The only other movies I have seen him in are 'Warrior', 'Rock n Rolla' and 'This Means War'

You can always search for him on imdb.com for a list of his filmography.

My brothers made me watch 'Warrior'... it's actually a pretty great movie. :)

I loved The Dark Knight Rises! I like how serious the whole Batman series is. To be honest I spent the entire movie upset about everything (it seemed like with every plot twist I was thinking "well NOW how will they stop Bane!?").

Bane was cool but so unexpected. The actor thickened up for the role and Bane was a very physical character, but when you heard him speak it didn't sound like he belonged to that body. He didn't sound menacing like you think a guy with a death trap on his face would, but he certainly was eloquent. Not at all what I was expecting.

I thought Anne Hathaway's performance was also pretty nice. I giggled a little when she was on Batman's motorcycle though. She looked so tiny!

And the ending. I really enjoyed the ending.