The Color Purple

addy

Runt
Recently Verified
May 8, 2023
United States MI
The Color Purple documents the traumas and gradual triumph of Celie, an African American teenager raised in rural isolation in Georgia, as she comes to resist the paralyzing self-concept forced on her by others. Celie narrates her life through painfully honest letters to God.

• WTF
  • Dislike
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 6 users
@addy after a relatively fine introduction, as a runt you felt the need to create this thread in this forum precisely why?

:smash:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I really loved the movie. My mom showed it to me when I was younger. I saw this question and I thought it was a simple, and easy question to show a little bit more about myself. Im sorry if this rubbed people the wrong way.

I really loved the movie. My mom showed it to me when I was younger. I saw this question and I thought it was a simple, and easy question to show a little bit more about myself. Im sorry if this rubbed people the wrong way.

It's fine that you love the movie, but you could've should've posted here instead of creating an entirely new thread for it. I am aware this section of the forum is cluttered with movie-specific threads, so my guess is you saw those and thought it'd be okay to do the same. But those threads were created 7+ years ago—back then, SGF had very different rules and standards so I won't fault you entirely. The rules have since changed to ensure the forum doesn't get cluttered.

Current rule of thumb is that new members should refrain from creating new threads. Read this and sift through some active threads to familiarize yourself with the do's and don'ts of posting.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
@addy after a relatively fine introduction, as a runt you felt the need to create this thread in this forum precisely why?

:smash:
It's fine that you love the movie, but you could've should've posted here instead of creating an entirely new thread for it. I am aware this section of the forum is cluttered with movie-specific threads, so my guess is you saw those and thought it'd be okay to do the same. But those threads were created 7+ years ago—back then, SGF had very different rules and standards so I won't fault you entirely. The rules have since changed to ensure the forum doesn't get cluttered.

Current rule of thumb is that new members should refrain from creating new threads. Read this and sift through some active threads to familiarize yourself with the do's and don'ts of posting.
Oh my gosh I didn’t even realize I created a whole new one. Completely did not realize what I clicked, sorry.