Swimsuit

L

LRian

So what swim suit styles to you guys like? I'm looking to buy a cute one but a size or two too small and hang it up in my room for some motivation.

I kind of like this style but I'm having a hard time finding many for option.
kiki-top

I like bandeau tops, I hate triangle bikinis, "tankinis", or halters... They're just boring, everybody wears them.

I just bought this one in black and it's so flattering, I love it :luv:

hmprod

It's from H&M, they have a lot of unique-looking suits on the cheap side. And they are actually really good quality, as they're not a part of their Junior line.

that one is pretty cute. I like the look of the bandeau the best, I'm just hoping it looks ok on my body. I'm 5'7" with a larger frame and what my dad calls an athletic build. I'm working on this weight loss thing but my thighs might be a lost cause. I'm a 34 C also, am I going to have trouble keeping a bandeau to stay up?

@LRian - I know that the ones at H&M have a thin line of this sort of sticky rubbery stuff on the inside of their bandeau bikinis (If you have a no-slip headband from LuluLemon, it's the same as that) that helps them stay in place. As for your build, I think that it would work fine on a curvier frame -- I'm not being all politically correct here haha, if you're only a 34C you are curvy, not fat -- as long as you're relatively proportionate.

And if you're worried about thighs/hips, stay faaar away from tie-up bikinis! I have wider and softer hips, and those damn little strings are the devil. So unflattering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like bandeau tops as well. One trend I've noticed is also tops that look like sports bras; I'm loving these! For some reason, my boobs always look really funky in the triangle style.

SatelliteEyes- thanks for the feedback, I just might have to order one of those.

Thin2012- Is this the type you were talking about? I think they'd loud really good on a slim thin frame. http://images1.freepeople.com/is/image/FreePeople/23923253_023_d?$zoom-super$

I like the pin-up inspired swimsuit trend! It's so classy :grin:
high-waisted-suit.jpg

I also like simple solid-colored bikinis. Especially black or white because it is easy to wear it with a colorful sarong.
katebikiniES0606_468x877.jpg

I love it when they are embroided, or have a girly pattern or with ruffles. Also the one-piece bandeaus are cute too.
V281627.jpg

il_570xN.155143132.jpg

_5994056.jpg

And normally I'm all for simple swimsuits, but this Prada is eye-candy!
prada-swimsuit-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Ooh! Look at these Chanel swimsuits! :luv: Aren't they to die for???
Chanel-Resort-Shu-Pei-Qin-32.jpg

hbz-chanel-resort-2011-26-de.jpg

And these Rosa Cha (Not Coco Chanel this time, now it's Chanel Iman and her super long legs :)):
Chanel-Iman-Rosa-Cha-Spring-2011-Ph-Gui-Paganini7.jpg

RosaChaChanelIman2011Spring11.jpg

i love bikinis that have that vintagey look as well...really girly and fun.

What do you guys think should chubbies wear at the beach? Bikinis or Swimsuits?

Sometimes I think the real fatties should cover themselves up, but on the other hand it's not working anyway, because you can still see the fat.

But what about the in-betweens, who are not skinny (yet) but (very) chubby?

I personally haven't been swimming with friends for years, I only go with my BF to places where nobody knows me.

What do you guys think should chubbies wear at the beach? Bikinis or Swimsuits?

Sometimes I think the real fatties should cover themselves up, but on the other hand it's not working anyway, because you can still see the fat.

But what about the in-betweens, who are not skinny (yet) but (very) chubby?

I personally haven't been swimming with friends for years, I only go with my BF to places where nobody knows me.

I think they should wear what they want to wear. If they have the confidence to do it thats great, no need to put them down. Be it a bikini or leggings or whatever. I've seen a lot of fatties wear tight leggings, see through tights, revealing clothes etc and inside I am laughing (some of them just look ridiculous, especially ones showing their large panties) but everyone has a right to wear whatever they want provided that it's not inappropriate.