Snow Boots?

Probably not to most peoples tastes, but I plan on buying these for winter boots when I can.:p

bear-202-bpu.jpg

But honestly, gothy platforms are really handy for cold weather because they keep your feet up away from the cold ground and snow.^_^ Personally I've never had a problem walking in them in winter conditions (if anything I fall more in flat shoes) but I've been wearing strange shoes since I was about 11.:p

Reactions: 1 user
I have a pair of Khombu "Maple" boots that I loove because:
khombu-maple-2-boots-for-women-in-black~p~2821x_01~340.jpg

a) they're really water-resistant--but please notice I didn't say "-proof." It's really snowy where I live now and they do pretty well at keeping my feet dry, but if I step in a puddle or trek through snow for a while, my feet will feel it (immediately in the puddle situation, and after about an hour and a half in the snowy street situation).

b) I walk 6+ miles in those puppies and feel well supported and comfortable the entire time. I have really fickle feet (over-pronated, m width) and so this second point is huuugely important to me.

c) *In my opinion* they're not hideous. But I'm one to sacrifice fashion for function (especially when it comes to walking shoes) so I'll let you be the be the best judge here.

...also, I took out their insole and put in my own for ultimate comfort, and I almost always wear thick wool socks to double ensure warmth and dryness.

large.jpg

41NSnTYrjXL._SL500_SS160_.jpg

I bought some of these to go over my usual chunky flat boots, I haven't slipped at all even when I was walking fast
£10-15 from outdoor shops eg mountain warehouse, blacks

I have yaktrax and I second this recommendation. One caveat, though: on snowy/icy areas they are a grippy godsend, but just be careful when walking over bricks or painted concrete (ex: crosswalks) because the coils tend to slip on those smooth surfaces. (At least for me.)

If it is really cold outside I would recommend getting shoes with a sheepskin-inside, It keeps your feet super-warm :) UGG australia actually has many boots that are very different from the standard-ugg boot, some of them are really good winter boots that are also water resistant. Still, they are not super-stylish, but definitely good winter boots

Probably not to most peoples tastes, but I plan on buying these for winter boots when I can.:p

bear-202-bpu.jpg

But honestly, gothy platforms are really handy for cold weather because they keep your feet up away from the cold ground and snow.^_^ Personally I've never had a problem walking in them in winter conditions (if anything I fall more in flat shoes) but I've been wearing strange shoes since I was about 11.:p

Still waiting for a picture exhibition of all your shoe collection ;)