Skinny approved labels

SugarFree

VIP - Insider
VIP
Feb 4, 2012
For us, we can have a hard time finding something fitted. Getting glares when we ask for the smallest size yet the one you tried on was :cool:

I was thinking we could do an official thread of labels/designers/etc that come in small sizes (REAL small sizes, non of this vanity bullshit sizing.) Brands from all over the world. Tops, Pants, Bras, Lingerie. Of course some of us do have different bone structure, lets say two girls that are noticeably model skinny, one might just not be able to fit into a pair a pants that the other can. Also height plays a factor in it as well. For me, and other relatively taller skinnies, it's sometimes impossible to find something small enough yet long enough for our arms/legs. Small sizes generally target shorter women.

I have googled a few and some of these I wear:

American Apparel
Asos
Lulu Lemon
Uniqlo
Alexander Wang
Theyskens' Theory
Urban Outfitters (bras + panties are great)
Jeans:
Citizens of Humanity
Rag & Bone jeans
American Eagle (Jeans.. depends on the cut. I once tried on the smallest 'Jeggings" and they nearly fell off :lol: This brand is great though because it comes in 4 different lengths! I think the regular Skinny in XS/XXS fits well.. and it has a slight stretch so it is comfortable to move around in.. stiff jeans espically in warm weather? no thanks.)
J Brand
Diesel

I'm blanking on everything else :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
This is great!:kiss: Although i think you listed all i can think of...

The only other brand that pops up in my mind is Size 8 Needle but i think they only exists in Sweden

Ugh, please let me know if you know any good places for long jeans - I need at least a 36 inseam, sometimes a 38 (my actual inseam is 37).. Finding jeans in that length in small sizes is just an absolute nightmare.

I'm ashamed to admit that I still wear jeans that I got when I was 12 (I was fully grown by then) - at least they fit me still, but I desperately need some new ones..

my super skinny friend ordered something from iro and their size 1 looked like a size 00.... it was a dress though, not sure about their jeans.

joes jeans are usually pretty accurate and AG and Current/Elliott can be (but in my opinion they are a bit too big) I also find Vince and some Nastygal products to be true to size

Hollister
Abercrombie (they might be slightly bigger, also I think they run longer jean sizes).

Hollister 0 is equivalent to an Abercrombie 00. Abercrombie 0 = Hollister 1, Abercrombie 2 = Hollister 3 etc.

I know that for anything below a 3, you need to go online to order it in a long from Hollister, but you can get them :)

I can vouch for Uniqlo.

I can just barely get my fat thighs into their Size 00 skinny jeans.

Cheap Monday for tiny, long jeans. They offer so many different styles, too.

Anyone have recommendatios for small, fitted shirts that are good for long arms? Size xs tops fit me great but the arms are always an inch or two too short

If a brand has a section for children/teens I made the experience that if they have nice trousers, the ones for tall young girls can be a good purchase. They fit better on the legs but are also long enough. I have no problem with Jeans, cause there are longer ones and I´m not extremely tall. But with normal trousers its a problem, they are often too short in the smaller sizes.

I´d love to know if these brands also have summer dresses in smaller sizes that are long enough? Usually when you just want to buy a nice one its so short that your bum is nearly visible and the bigger the size, the longer the dress, but then its too large. I mean dresses that are meant to be short of course, but not THAT short that they come across like a longer t-shirt :lol:

Hollister 0 is equivalent to an Abercrombie 00. Abercrombie 0 = Hollister 1, Abercrombie 2 = Hollister 3 etc.

I know that for anything below a 3, you need to go online to order it in a long from Hollister, but you can get them :)

Ahh thanks for the clarification. I know abercrombie used to be the smallest in the UK but then hollister started doing smaller sizes here. Kids abercrombie would be good but we can only get that through online. The problem though is the shipping - it's like £9. I cant afford that. :( I really wish they would open up abercrombie kids here. I would save a ton.

Anyone have recommendatios for small, fitted shirts that are good for long arms? Size xs tops fit me great but the arms are always an inch or two too short

Call me crazy, but I FINALLY bought a hoodie with long enough sleeves from the girls section at Target. $19. Apparently our society still thinks it's OK for pre-pubescent girls to be both tall & thin. Also, workout clothes are generally sized more reasonably, especially the shirts. At this point I'm pretty much sized out of most of the places I used to shop due to vanity sizing but I'm still a solid "small" in workout clothes.

VeroModa needs to be added. for everbody with long legs: VeroModa has (had) casual maxi dresses which fit me perfectly - they are long enough, just how it should be. :bow: Recently I brought 2 maxi dresses for only 18€ because it was VIP day. :grin:

Anyone know if Reiss is suited for skinnies? They do size 4 (US size 0) but because I'm so tiny they're big but maybe they will be suitable for taller girls no sure?

American Eagle tends to vanity size I think. It also varies by the cut. The jeggings are pretty big and so are their shorts. I can fit into a 00 there and have it be baggy, but I can barely squeeze into a 0 at Hollister when they should be the same size.
I find that Hollister and Abercrombie have the smallest jeans in longer lengths. For higher end, I know Miss Me's come in like 23 L, if you're into the bling asses they have.

Ugh, please let me know if you know any good places for long jeans - I need at least a 36 inseam, sometimes a 38 (my actual inseam is 37).. Finding jeans in that length in small sizes is just an absolute nightmare.

I'm ashamed to admit that I still wear jeans that I got when I was 12 (I was fully grown by then) - at least they fit me still, but I desperately need some new ones..
Delia's carry a 37" in small sizes! http://store.delias.com/category/jeans/37"+length.do?nType=2&incmpid=LNavjeans.length.37

Reactions: 1 user
Isabel Marant :) her stuff is made for fairies!
Definitely Alexander Wang too
Australian label Bassike basically only looks good on skinny people because its made baggy-ish and meant to hang off your body. Boobs=not allowed with bassike which is good for me but shitty for others.