Pinterest

Discussion in 'Online' started by justagirl, Feb 24, 2012.

1. justagirl

justagirl Guest

I am addicted. Seriously addicted.

Kind of like Tumblr in a way. It caters to my obsession with organizing and is such a great source of ideas. I just wish that there weren't so many pictures of chocolate cake and other confections with ridiculous amounts of frosting posted by the fat stay at home housewives.

It does have a lot of thinspo/fitness though! :luv:

2. Jane

Jane Rookie

Girl! I LOVE Pinterest!!! I was going to start a post about it myself. Pinterest single handedly gave me the motivation to start my weight loss plan and does a WHOLE lot to keep me on track. I have a fitness board with all kinds of motivational pictures and quotes. I LOVE IT!!! I also love the food, though. I have a food board and I pin every recipe that looks delicious to me. I'm not a huge sweets person so the deserts don't really tempt me very much but I pin all kinds of recipes. Some are really healthy and low fat and others are indulgences but I love that they are all in the same place and I can consciously plan an indulgence into my day and prepare accordingly.

Pinterest... so much more fun than Fakebook.

3. KeKo

KeKo Guest

Pinterest is getting me through my wedding planning. Inspiration at my fingertips! :)

4. Samira

Samira Guest

So I just got a pinterest (link in my sig) and shall be posting lots of thinspo as well as other things. (I had bad experiences with tumblr so I'm glad I got an invite!)

Anyone else have it?

5. namie

namie Guest

I just got an invite earlier today but haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet :D

6. Andie

Andie Worker Bee

I had an invite like two months ago and did nothing with it. Don't know what to use it for. :nervous:

7. Jane

Jane Rookie

I have it. I love it. It's wonderful! It's been very helpful for me as far as motivation is concerned. You'll really like it Samira. :)

8. Olivia

Olivia Guest

I love that you have called one section geekery :p Can't wait to see it take shape :)

9. justagirl

justagirl Guest

Mine is pinterest.com/katvonk. Not much thinspo but lots of pretty things. :shy:

10. classichic

classichic Super Star

Pinterest?

Anyone have one?

I recently got one when I did my second fast to kind of keep me busy. For anyone curious about me or like pretty things here's the link.

Warning: There are thinspo pictures that maybe some of you won't like. And there's also caloristic food that some of you won't like.

https://pinterest.com/mydome/this-is-me/

Let me know what you guys think. :)

11. doors-of-perception

doors-of-perception Worker Bee

12. classichic

classichic Super Star

Loved yours. Repinned a few onto mine :grin:

13. doors-of-perception

doors-of-perception Worker Bee

Aaaw cool! I bet I can guess which ones :lol:

14. Andrea

Andrea Super Star

15. NewLeaf

NewLeaf Worker Bee

16. classichic

classichic Super Star

Ok I'm following you guys too. Tbh, I don't actually know what that means I'm still learning about online blogs/pintrest and all that :):kiss:

17. leila

leila Worker Bee

What does everyone think regarding tumblr vs. pinterest? I have a tumblr and have been checking out some of your pinboards and it just seems like a very similar concept, you follow people, 'repin' (or reblog in tumblr world)...the only difference I see is that you can sort your boards into categories and such. Thoughts?

18. NewLeaf

NewLeaf Worker Bee

Yeah I have both and think I'm probably wasting a lot of time using both thinspo wise, but sorting images into 'boards' helps as far as everything else goes for me personally, like outfit inspiration or whatever, but then again I have loads of folders on my laptops with styling ideas and things, it's just a way of sharing it publicly I guess? Hmm I'm still unsure if I like it much :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. classichic

classichic Super Star

I thought I could make the Pintrest private which was why I joined pintrest but turns out I was wrong and in fact can make a tumblr private. Oh well, maybe if I have time I might change it. I'm not fussed only using is as a tool to distract myself from food. But don't know if there are any other differences.

20. leila

leila Worker Bee

#20 leila, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014