Oscars 2012: Who looked good?

T

TinyEmma

1. LI BINGBING (in Georges Chakra)

Chinese actress Li Bingbing looks a vision in this white, strapless Georges Chakra creation. Her $400,000 diamond clutch bag is to die for (my boyfriend needs to take note for my upcoming birthday in July ;-p) Oh, she's almost 40 by the way.

2. GLENN CLOSE (in Zac Posen)

Glenn is 55 years old and I think she looks fantastic! I think that this dress is a great choice for her, the jacket keeps it age appropriate but she still looks like one glam lady.

3. ROONEY MARA (in Givenchy)

I know Rooney tends to divide the gals on this forum, the most common complaint being "I can't stand her face!" hehehe. I have to say that I am a Rooney-lover and I do think she looks fantastic in this dress.

4. PENELOPE CRUZ (in Giorgio Armani)

Penelope looks just how I used to imagine what real-life princess' looked like. g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s

and my absolute favourite.....

5. MILLA JOVOVICH (in Elie Saab Couture)

This was by far my favourite dress of the evening. I think she looks absolutely stunning. Elegant, classic, simple - perfection.

Noodle12

Rookie
Reaction score
Good choices. Milla is AWESOME. I also really liked Ellie Kemper (L) I'm a sucker for copper hues, and she looks Kiera-y with that hairstyle.

And Jane Seymore - she's in her sixties!! I think she looks great.

Andie

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Noodles, I'm with you, also a fan of copper/redheads and the two are stunning!

Oh, Li Bingbing is relly gorgeous and looks like 19. :wtf:

3. ROONEY MARA (in Givenchy)

I know Rooney tends to divide the gals on this forum, the most common complaint being "I can't stand her face!" hehehe. I have to say that I am a Rooney-lover and I do think she looks fantastic in this dress.

Uuuugh! I don't have anything against Rooney, but that dress is AWFUL! It looks like a bad shaped white bag with wholes in and some ornamental seams on it.

Ally

Rising Star
Reaction score
Noodles, I'm with you, also a fan of copper/redheads and the two are stunning!

Oh, Li Bingbing is relly gorgeous and looks like 19. :wtf:

Uuuugh! I don't have anything against Rooney, but that dress is AWFUL! It looks like a bad shaped white bag with wholes in and some ornamental seams on it.
Agreed. I love Rooney, but that dress just don't do it for me. She wore wayyy more prettier stuff before and I kinda loved of all her previous dresses so I'm a bit disappointed here.

Coffee_Girl

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Rooney Mara reminded me of Audrey Hepburn when she was awarded with Oscar. Not her dress but in overall look.

I really liked Octavia Spencer's look - she is a bigger lady who knows how to dress her body

I'm surprised by this a bit but I loved Gwyneth Paltrow's dress, classy and elegant.

Not the best year, though, in my opinion.

S

Skinny2012

I love Rooney, she's a great actress...but I have to agree with Andie on this one....

T

TinyEmma

Rooney Mara reminded me of Audrey Hepburn when she was awarded with Oscar. Not her dress but in overall look.

I really liked Octavia Spencer's look - she is a bigger lady who knows how to dress her body
Totally agree with you re: Octavia Spencer. She is big but she can dress it well (unlike Melissa McCarthy, mind you, she is so big now I doubt it is at all possible to dress that body nicely).

A

Annie

I loved the way Rooney Mara and Gwyneth Paltrow looked :luv: My another favorite was Kristen Wiig, I think she looked stunning. :luv::luv:

Lolo

Rookie
Reaction score
Uh, whoops I also posted who I thought looked good in your 'Who Looks Bad' thread..

But from these pictures I loved Penelope and Octavia, and OMG Li Bing Bing - she looks so YOUNG, beautiful.

I don't know, Rooney's dress is a little.. Um.. FUGLY :lol: