Models we loved and will miss.

Discussion in 'Models' started by Clara, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Clara

Clara Worker Bee

So I wanted to make a thread of models that have passed away and that we used to love. We can honor their works, talk about why they passed and all that.

I for example greatly misses Daul Kim, as you maybe can see from my avatar. I think she's the first asian (corean) model that I fell inlove with. But since I was 14 when she died I didnt find her until I was 15-16. If anyone have read her blog you know that she was amazing. Her personal paintings and poems deeply touched me, and I think she was truly beautiful. She was the first model I could climb inside and feel with, and I could relate to her. Anyway, here's the link:
    I like to fork myself
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hope this isnt too creepy. Just love her and I would like her to still be alive.

2. tiny-dancer

tiny-dancer Worker Bee

You're right - she was great. I'm not digging her pseudo-replacement, Soo Joo, or whatever. I don't get why she's being exalted so, especially when there are better Asian models (Ji Hye Park!)

I think that this is very sad:

3. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

Ruslana :cry:

She looked like an absolute angel, her Nina Ricci commercial impacted me with its aesthetic and beauty, years later I still think it's one of the most beautiful fragrance ads out there. I've also heard that she was a lovely person, so her death is even sadder. Rest in peace Ruslana!

[​IMG]

4. 71000

71000 Super Star

Dmitriy Tanner...Such a shame, he was having so much success as a model despite working only once a month because he was also an active-duty Marine. Plus he had a wife. He had campaigns for Versace, Versace Jeans, Calvin Klein, Diesel, DSquared2...all in the space of 2.5 years...ugh who knows how successful he could've been.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. blissrelease

blissrelease Worker Bee

Oh I loved Daul Kim! Her writing is so sad and beautiful.

6. sentier

sentier Grand Dame

Heather Bratton

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Hannahmarie

Hannahmarie Rookie

I miss Daul Kim too, but I only found out about her last year. I had no idea that she was an artist though! I'm totally going to check out her paintings and poetry. Thanks for postings.

8. sabine

sabine VIP - Insider
    VIP

Wait, you realise neither of these images are of Daul, right? They're both of Soo Joo Park..