Model Scouts Solicit Girls Outside Sweden Eating Disorder Clinic

Discussion in 'Fashion Industry' started by 71000, Apr 18, 2013.

1. 71000

71000 Rising Star

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/model-scouts-sweden-eating-disorder-clinic_n_3110678.html

2. SugarFree

SugarFree VIP - Insider
    VIP

3. classichic

classichic Super Star

:wtf: If this is true, I am disgusted.

4. MCgirl

MCgirl Rising Star

That's just sick.

5. Em.

Em. Guest

I know an upcoming photographer, who has a major in psychology and works one day a week in an ED clinic to pick up girls. It's really disgusting. So is this article, if it's true ...

6. Jasmine

Jasmine Guest

This IS horrible if it's true, I agree :mad:

But secretly, if it is true, I wish I was in that clinic then.....:run:

I can't believe I'd be that desperate :nopity:

7. NewLeaf

NewLeaf Worker Bee

Model Scouts Reportedly Recruiting at Eating Disorder Clinics

Oh for the love of god :facepalm:

http://fashionista.com/2013/04/model-scouts-reportedly-recruiting-at-eating-disorder-clinics/

8. EliseMacabre

EliseMacabre Rookie

oh man I'm sorry but that is so low. They are in there for a reason, obviously it's not right to do this.

9. NewLeaf

NewLeaf Worker Bee

woops just posted about this in member articles. horrifying :mad::mad::mad:

10. I saw this posted on Jezebel earlier and wasn't sure what to make of it (hardly a reputable news source). On the one hand, if it's true, it's pretty sad and tragic, the last thing a girl who's ill enough with an ED is to be made to think it could be glamorous. On the other hand, the whole thing could be total BS because I'm not sure if a reputable agency would take the risk by doing this given how the industry is already under such heavy (although misguided) critique about eating disorders and model weights.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gemma

Gemma Rookie

Did I just read what I think I just read? That is disgusting. I'm not a violent person but if I ever saw these people I'd lose it. Class would go out the window. I'd be worst than those gross girls on The Jersey Shore. Ugh, this makes me so mad! :mad:

12. This is so tasteless. I wish there was a way to get them in trouble for doing this. Plus, it's going to be sending mixed messages to these poor girls in the clinic. They're there to get better because they're sick but then they are being told that they can make a career out of their sickness. Why would they want to get better then? I'm sure lots of them didn't even want to get better when they went there and this is just going to trigger them more. Ugh I could go off on this forever :supermad:

13. xandraworld

xandraworld Rookie

I originally read the thread title as "Girl Scout Solicits Outside Sweden Eating Disorders Clinic."

But yeah, I agree with @ThinspoAddict : tasteless.

#13 xandraworld, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  14. littlebone

littlebone Rookie

Jumping right on the bandwagon, I'm going to say this is disgusting. In all honesty though, I'm not that surprised. I doubt it was a reputable agency, but some agency type people are bordering on mentally ill themselves. I doubt they even realise that these girls are sick, they just think it's somewhere they go once a week or every day to brag about how skinny they are together. Maaaadness.

15. chanel19

chanel19 Rookie

This IS true. They even had small interviews with a mother saying how bad she felt for her daughter and the woman responsible for the eating disorder clinic expressed her worries about this and what message it sended the girls.

16. MaigreToujours

Wow. It puts it in perspective. I know it is a tough industry but this is just wrong.