MFP...oh dear

K

kic

Saw this thread on the MFP forums...
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/539767-skinny-gossip?page=1

Goodness! People certainly are touchy about us!
What do you guys think?

I can't decide if I should defend us or just let bygones be bygones. :confused:

Eh, I'll probably just let them talk, their minds are probably made up no matter what I say. Besides, I'm sort of gutless - even with the anonymity of the internet. :run:

Samira, I tagged you since they were quoting you - thought you'd want to know :)

looking at it, compared to other sites ive seen, they are being pretty 'nice' about us.
and to be fair, if they think we are all calling them 'pro fatties' then they have every right to be catty... not a smart move really. everyone should lose/maintain/do whatever with their weight in their own way and leave others alone!
i would LOVE to be one of those women who is completely happy in my body if i were chunky, but sadly im not and its hard work to stay skinny, so i dont really want to say anything bad about anyone else's weight if they are doing what they can about it..and not sitting moaning about being fat whilst stuffing a whole packet of biscuits in their mouths....

Reactions: 1 user
looking at it, compared to other sites ive seen, they are being pretty 'nice' about us.
and to be fair, if they think we are all calling them 'pro fatties' then they have every right to be catty... not a smart move really. everyone should lose/maintain/do whatever with their weight in their own way and leave others alone!
i would LOVE to be one of those women who is completely happy in my body if i were chunky, but sadly im not and its hard work to stay skinny, so i dont really want to say anything bad about anyone else's weight if they are doing what they can about it..and not sitting moaning about being fat whilst stuffing a whole packet of biscuits in their mouths....

I think you put this very, very well. The posts weren't mean spirited in my view (I've seen far worse mentioned about "skinnies" on MFP and other forums and, truthfully, this forum has said much worse about "fatties"). We wish to be allowed to achieve the size we find most attractive/healthy and they should be allowed to do the same.

Reactions: 1 user

This is so true. I wish I can just feel content being the way I currently am, but I don't. I feel I can do better and I've always felt this way since forever. It's not so much about insecurity or lack of confidence, but it's just a personal preference...

But being skinny is hardcore work, especially because for most of us, we're not aiming for a common 'skinny', we're aiming for the best skinny aesthetic there is.

This is so true. I wish I can just feel content being the way I currently am, but I don't. I feel I can do better and I've always felt this way since forever. It's not so much about insecurity or lack of confidence, but it's just a personal preference...

But being skinny is hardcore work, especially because for most of us, we're not aiming for a common 'skinny', we're aiming for the best skinny aesthetic there is.

:kiss: :highfive:

Well, they have the right to think whatever they want about us, but while the OP there was referencing the forum and posing a question if MFP was being, some of the subbsequent answers have been looking at the website only and denouncing this as pro-ana again... sigh.

Ok, we might be catty too, but not pro-ana.
Personally, I find the MFP forums a bit unorganized. In terms of regular weight loss forums I prefer other sites.