IMG #WLYG (We Love Your Genes)

IcedAmericano

Community Duchess
Feb 19, 2016
here and there
What is your opinion on the IMG #wlyg thing?

I think they started out really strong (Lameka Fox, Allyson Chalmers, etc) but lately the girls they've been signing are so.... average. And not "model average".

Curious about what you guys think.

I was actually just browsing that tag on Instagram today, but the thing is overall, barely any of the girls who link their selfies with agencies' hashtags or accounts - any agencies in general - are model material. Almost none at all. :run:

There's a lot badly made-up and filtered selfies in the tag, as opposed to the well-lit, no-makeup, proper head, profile, body and waist-up shots that you would submit if you just bothered to go on their website. Probably makes casting/scouting harder.

It feels a bit pointless; more like window dressing to make becoming a model or Insta-famous girl seem easier. Especially since, besides Lameka Fox, no one notable has been signed of it (I think); I've heard more about the hashtag and campaign itself than any models that have come out of it. But I'm not an insider so that's all just my uninformed and unprofessional opinion. :kiss:

Especially since, besides Lameka Fox, no one notable has been signed of it (I think);

Other than Lameka, Allyson Chalmers has been on nearly every runway, Alexis Primous has been somewhat successful, and Inka Williams gained a huge following on Instagram, but other than that their girls don't seem to be doing anything =/

I think this thread might belong more in the Fashion Industry section but maybe I'm wrong