Hedi Slimane

S

Skinny2012

Hedi Slimane usually takes photographs in black & white. Not for that vintage, old school quality, but because he twists it around, making it elegant, dark and beautiful.

The rare times when he does use colour, it comes almost as a shock to the senses after viewing so much of his other work.

http://www.hedislimane.com/diary/index.php

10_04_2008_0745624001207833470_hedi_slimane.jpg

88372_nataliahedisv9.jpg

abbey2.jpg

HEDI+SLIMANE.preview.jpg

Hedi_Slimane_Vogue_FR_Oct2010_Violette_02.jpg

magda5.jpg

katemoss-slimane.bmp

Reactions: 1 users
Anja Rubik Captured by Hedi Slimane for Vogue Japan March 2012
anja_rubik7.jpg
anja_rubik2.jpg
anja_rubik6.jpg
anja_rubik3.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
From the Anna Jagodzinska thread

Model: Anna Jagodzinska
Photography: Hedi Slimane
Fashion editor: Mika Mizutani
Photos from: Vogue Nippon August 2010

s.jpg
anna-jagodzinska1.jpg
anna-jagodzinska3.jpg
anna-jagodzinska4.jpg
anna-jagodzinska5.jpg
anna-jagodzinska7.jpg
anna-jagodzinska8.jpg

Slimane obviously has an aesthetic. You can tell from his Dior Homme days. So I wonder if he'll stick close to home or deviate slightly.

I honestly have a love hate relationship for Slimane. I think "god damnit I already own that and didn't pay $2000 for it," but also "god damnit, I want that whole collection. I love you, you understand me"

• Agree
  • Funny
I've seen so many people jokingly announce their desire to lose a lot of weight now that Hedi's back, and I admire his affinity for skinny models! Excited to see the new Celine Homme as well.

jp2.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix Portrait (Detail) by Hedi, for Interview April/May 2018.​

His eyes.

Hedi's diary is leading me to think there's still going to be that heavy Western (both in terms of cowboys and the West Coast) influence in the new collection, which I love, obviously.

In case you were wondering what Hedi is doing this weekend - and why would you, 'cause its pretty obvious - there are still plenty of shows being photographed and plenty of beautiful young men. :whistling:

CALIFORNIA201843.jpg
I always get stuck looking through his diary because it feels just like looking at my own life at times.
I'm wondering if this is why so many people (including me) seem to like Hedi so much (rather than intense reverence like Alessandro Michele, who I see as similar to Hedi in terms of their ideas and moves in fashion - frickin' Gucci!!), it's all relatable, but still exclusive as it isn't something that has a price tag... it's just adventure and living.

(Why do I get feelings at 3AM and have to post them? Sorry for the borderline illiterate essay!)

• Agree
Even though I have reservations about his craftsmanship as a designer and I know that “Hedi will do Hedi” no matter what... I gotta give the guy props for his fab photography and appreciation of the skinny aesthetic. His shows always have the thinnest models too. Slimane photography is timeless.

• Agree