Grace Coddington

Discussion in 'Models' started by Babydoll, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Babydoll

Babydoll Guest

Fine, so she's the creative director of Vogue right now. But she was such a beauty when she was younger! It's so sad what happened to her in that car accident, but she's doing a great job at Vogue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Her today:
    [​IMG]

2. 71000

71000 Rising Star

I've always wondered...how exactly did she "lose her eyelid"? I know she was in a car accident, but I don't understand how she could've lost her eyelid but not her eye...

3. Phoebe

Phoebe Rookie

From what I remember, it was something like she hit it against a broken window and it got damaged from that. The human eye is actually surprisingly tougher than it looks, and it's surrounded by muscle and fat which hold it in place. On the other hand, eyelids are only a delicate piece of skin, so it is possible.

Anyway, back to Ms Coddington... I want her to take over Vogue US! She's ten times more creative than Anna Wintour will ever be, and she would turn Vogue US back into a fashion magazine instead of the borderline celebrity magazine it is now. Plus, I'm sure a few employees at Vogue US wouldn't mind having a new boss...

Grace when she was young:
    [​IMG]

Karen Elson portraying Grace in Vogue:
    [​IMG]

4. 71000

71000 Rising Star

i-D winter 2012 cover
    [​IMG]

5. NewLeaf

NewLeaf Worker Bee

This! I adore this woman so much :luv::bow:

She's just released her memoirs (on my christmas list!) and did a book signing in London the other day, and a talk with Sarah Mower that you can watch here
    http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/11/23/grace-coddington-book-talk-livestream---central-saint-martins

;)

6. classichic

classichic Super Star

I love her. And she's got such a vibrant personality. I wouldn't mind seeing her take over Anna Wintour's job.

7. SugarFree

SugarFree VIP - Insider
    VIP

Truth! Grace Coddington for president!

• Like Like x 1