Grace Coddington

B

Babydoll

Fine, so she's the creative director of Vogue right now. But she was such a beauty when she was younger! It's so sad what happened to her in that car accident, but she's doing a great job at Vogue.
GraceCoddingtonVidalSasssoonHaircut1961.jpg

lg_5111541_Black_and_white_checked_bonnet.JPG

grace-8.jpg

0731ll4.jpg

grace+coddington+model.png

british_vogue_august_1962__grace_coddington__carapetian.jpg

Her today:
89ba9a9449214a552d04b1d8770ddb7d.jpg

I've always wondered...how exactly did she "lose her eyelid"? I know she was in a car accident, but I don't understand how she could've lost her eyelid but not her eye...

I've always wondered...how exactly did she "lose her eyelid"? I know she was in a car accident, but I don't understand how she could've lost her eyelid but not her eye...

From what I remember, it was something like she hit it against a broken window and it got damaged from that. The human eye is actually surprisingly tougher than it looks, and it's surrounded by muscle and fat which hold it in place. On the other hand, eyelids are only a delicate piece of skin, so it is possible.

Anyway, back to Ms Coddington... I want her to take over Vogue US! She's ten times more creative than Anna Wintour will ever be, and she would turn Vogue US back into a fashion magazine instead of the borderline celebrity magazine it is now. Plus, I'm sure a few employees at Vogue US wouldn't mind having a new boss...

Grace when she was young:
grace-coddington-model-rrge-260x358.jpg

Karen Elson portraying Grace in Vogue:
1283263177_orig_grace3sm.jpg

Anyway, back to Ms Coddington... I want her to take over Vogue US! She's ten times more creative than Anna Wintour will ever be, and she would turn Vogue US back into a fashion magazine instead of the borderline celebrity magazine it is now. Plus, I'm sure a few employees at Vogue US wouldn't mind having a new boss...

This! I adore this woman so much :luv::bow:

She's just released her memoirs (on my christmas list!) and did a book signing in London the other day, and a talk with Sarah Mower that you can watch here
http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/11/23/grace-coddington-book-talk-livestream---central-saint-martins

;)