Gemma Ward

Finale of Chanel S/S 2007

meshdress.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Her best campaign: yes or yes? :bow:

Campaign: Dolce & Gabbana
Season: Fall 2006
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Model(s): Iselin Steiro, Coco Rocha, Gemma Ward, Julia Stegner, Lily Donaldson, Raquel Zimmermann, Snejana Onopka, Ines Crnokrak, Catriona Balfe, Chad Dunn, Cosmin Petre, David Gandy, Terron Wood, Sam Saffman

53595491.jpg

15671401.jpg

061p.jpg

23777016.jpg

091i.jpg

28973025.jpg

Close-up of her best shot imo. Next to Julia:

tumblr_msu6adSBD41rs4pndo1_500.jpg

Absolutely heavenly and ethereal. Resembling angels depicted in 18th century paintings. :bow: This reminds me once again why she's my favorite.

No one will ever top that beauty, that angelic quality. This photograph just proves how otherwordly and iconic she is. And Meisel's genius, of course. :luv:

I don't think this one has been posted, I just found it. But it is Gemma with JULIA and SNEJ! :drool:

tumblr_m2u44nLpek1qaunhgo1_1280.jpg

Quote from someone at the fashion spot a few hours ago. I assume it will get deleted from there due to the weight talk so I'll post it here

Guess who popped up in my yoga class the other day? It was Gemma! Such a shock. Her face is as beautiful as ever, but I didn't recognise her at first because she no longer has a model's body. Not only because of the pregnancy. I felt a little sorry for her, actually, because it looks like she's medium-build naturally so I understand now why she's taken a hiatus. Having seen her in person now, I'm actually hoping that she doesn't return to modelling. If she were to return to that world, I can imagine the immense pressure on her to lose weight and be ultra skinny. I actually don't think it would be healthy for her. She seemed like a really lovely person, and I now hope that she just goes off to be a mum and gets to enjoy a more normal life. She's probably made enough money to keep her entire family comfortable for the rest of her life, so I can't see why she'd need to go back. I miss the incredible photographs, but she actually went out at the pinnacle of her career which, when you think about it, is probably the best way to go.

This encounter has really made me reflect on how the modelling industry does hold up lanky, teenage girls as the ideal standard for beauty, and how unhealthy it is, for the models in particular. I really respect her more now for having turned away from that world.

Chanel Pre-Fall 2004

tumblr_mtjwc58sBy1si33y1o1_500.jpg

I love her with dark hair, even more of a porcelain doll that way! :luv:

Larger and older Gemma as Tamara in Pirates of the Caribbean, but will never stop being ethereal and alluring. :smash:

tumblr_msshrqwt4x1rt59mbo1_500.gif

This was tagged in gempso as recent. You can't see much but it was posted in July this year.

tumblr_mpsopwZR5B1r6jdc8o1_500.jpg

And I don't know how old this is but she's with one of her brothers:

tumblr_mialdl9l3H1rsxdooo1_500.jpg

Another candid, don't know the date:

tumblr_mg9pin1e6B1rsxdooo1_500.jpg