Gattaca

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cosmic latte, Oct 31, 2015.

1. cosmic latte

cosmic latte Rising Star

This is an old movie and I first saw it in my AP Bio class in high school, but it's still one of my favorite movies ever. I love pretty much any story about how working hard can help you achieve your dreams (even when all the odds are stacked against you) / the strength of the human spirit.

Short synopsis: man born as a result of an accidental pregnancy in a time in which most babies' genetic compositions are selected for (to give them the best possible start in life). as an accidental birth baby, the man is only "suited" for menial jobs, but he really wants to be an astronaut. man goes to extreme lengths to pursue this dream

Also Jude Law is soo hot in it :luv: Has anyone here seen it? I highly recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marmosetian

Marmosetian Worker Bee

I love Gattaca! I thought Ethan Hawke was pretty hot in it as well. It's such an affecting, dreamy film.

3. Poppy Bounder

Poppy Bounder Rising Star

Considering his character's fate, was this choice of words deliberate?

• Like Like x 2
  4. cosmic latte

cosmic latte Rising Star

I didn't even think of this :(

5. Poppy Bounder

Poppy Bounder Rising Star

Never mind, I agree with what you write – 'twas a highly moving film. Have you seen eXistenZ, Cosmic Latte? Very different from Gattaca, but fascinating nonetheless. Also features your daily recommended dose of Jude Law hotness.

6. Sadistic

Sadistic Grand Dame

I also watched that movie in my AP Biology class. I loved it and watched it again and again! That's how my crush on Jude Law began! lol

:lol:

7. Nicole

Nicole Rookie

I also watched this movie in my high school biology class! I find movies like this so interesting, it was one of the movies in school that I actually enjoyed watching.