Food Chanel / Network

I tend to watch all of the competition shows (chopped!!) and not as much the more basic, recipe centric shows, so i think it's much more about cooking and skill to me than my own hunger. i love to bake and have learned a lot of tips from some of the shows so it's been a great tool for me. :)

Chopped is my favourite too! There's even more chopped on now that there is Chopped Canada. The shows Diners Drive Ins and Dives, and You Gotta Eat Here are just terrible. They just showcase the unhealthiest food in North America. Chopped shows real skill and finesse. It doesn't even make me hungry since I see it more as art than food.

Chopped is my favourite too! There's even more chopped on now that there is Chopped Canada. The shows Diners Drive Ins and Dives, and You Gotta Eat Here are just terrible. They just showcase the unhealthiest food in North America. Chopped shows real skill and finesse. It doesn't even make me hungry since I see it more as art than food.

Agreed, I love watching Chopped (Canada) as well.
And yes, those 2 shows show the most greasiest fried foods :superpuke: and everyone they interview eating at those restaurants are huge... it's more of a list of "don't eat here" restaurant's for me lol

I love The Barefoot Contessa and Giada, they use fresh food with herbs, and I do get some ideas from them, although of course, I wouldn't use the amount of butter or oil they do sometimes! Also some of the food competition shows, where they really do make food an form of art, everything is plated beautifully.

BUT Paula Dean makes me really angry. Like my blood pressure will rise, just because of her accent and all the ridiculous amounts of butter that she uses, and how she will destroy foods, like healthy vegetables, by deep frying them! UGH :mad:

I tend to watch all of the competition shows (chopped!!) and not as much the more basic, recipe centric shows, so i think it's much more about cooking and skill to me than my own hunger. i love to bake and have learned a lot of tips from some of the shows so it's been a great tool for me. :)

I absolutely adore chopped too! I also enjoy baking and any kind of cooking, and feel as though I've picked up helpful tools/tips/ideas. It's interesting seeing how ingredients that I wouldn't ever buy can be used, not even necessarily the exotic ones but just anything that isn't vegan/gluten free. haven't gotten into any other cooking shows yet though.. we'll see how bored I get before next semester starts :p

It's definitely a guilty pleasure, but I've always loved cooking and baking. I'll prepare things for my husband or friends just to practice. But I work through healthy modifications to the classic - see how much butter/oil/sugar/fat I can reduce without changing the spirit of the dish.
Iron Chef, Chopped, and Masterchef are all on the DVR. I'm a nerd and into chemistry, so Alton Brown and Good Eats is my all-time favorite.
PBS has great shows such as Julia and Jacques

I watch Iron Chef and Chopped of course. One time when I was fasting and I just holed myself up in my room with my computer and a pack of Camel Turkish Royals and binged on watching Diners Drive Ins And Dives but that's probably not a good behavior :lol: