Finding small clothes?

Canadian skinny stores:

http://www.soiakyo.com/ (mostly outerwear but small fits)
http://aritzia.com/
http://tntfashion.ca/

I find aritzia's sizing to be all over the place since they sell so many brands but I always manage to find something I love there that fits. And the coats at soia and kyo are to die for! Worked at a store that sold them and I just drooled all day.

Campus Crew seems to run small, at least in Canada. I love their NFL tees and hoodies.
I also love Dace, they run small too.

I feel these woes. :nopity:
In the UK I have never, ever found a pair of skinny jeans that actually fit my body. They are always too baggy around the knees.
If I do manage to find size UK 4 bottoms, they are always too short.
The only pair of Jeans I have which kinda fit are a cheap and nasty pair from Primark (don't judge me)... But even they are a little off. :headbang:

Anyone tried Asos stuff? Hows the sizing?

I would love to know this too - I'm in desperate need of new clothes but waiting til I hit my goal to blow all my money on a new wardrobe. I've got it all picked out on ASOS, but I would be very disappointed (and secretly triumphant! But mostly disappointed.) if I ordered it all and it was too big. Anyone know how their sizes run, and if their size/measurement chart is accurate?

Forever21 has opened a store in Germany, Berlin. I will go there to check out their clothes.

update,

super disappointing from Forever 21! :wtf:

Very cheap looking clothes (for quite some price) and overall the quality is even worse than Primark. They make H&M looking like designer clothes.

Once I ordered online from Forever21 I was fine with my clothes, but what I saw today was just meh.

I would love to know this too - I'm in desperate need of new clothes but waiting til I hit my goal to blow all my money on a new wardrobe. I've got it all picked out on ASOS, but I would be very disappointed (and secretly triumphant! But mostly disappointed.) if I ordered it all and it was too big. Anyone know how their sizes run, and if their size/measurement chart is accurate?

I love ASOS.

I would say if you order XS they appear to be more S size. But I tend to buy 'oversize' clothes anyway.

This is my asos jacket in size 8 UK,

http://www.asos.de/ASOS-Lang-geschn...uZS1Cb21iZXItV2l0aC1Qb2NrZXQtRGV0YWlsL1Byb2Qv

E8PV5ZR.jpg
kEW1zTv.jpg

Anyone tried Asos stuff? Hows the sizing?

So I went ahead and ordered a load of clothes from asos, mostly their own brand, in a UK 6 (according to their measurement chart I'm between an 8 and a 10, but the sale was in and I figured it would be motivational)

Anyway, the size 6 stuff all fits me fine.
So, either I suck at measuring myself (in which case I think I'm due a celebration!) or, which is more likely I think, VANITY SIZING GONE MAD!

So I went ahead and ordered a load of clothes from asos, mostly their own brand, in a UK 6 (according to their measurement chart I'm between an 8 and a 10, but the sale was in and I figured it would be motivational)

Anyway, the size 6 stuff all fits me fine.
So, either I suck at measuring myself (in which case I think I'm due a celebration!) or, which is more likely I think, VANITY SIZING GONE MAD!

Maybe depends on the brand? For the Asos brand I found the sizing really accurate.

I am sure this has been asked before but I am having a hard time finding clothes now that I am back to my lower weight. Ann Taylor size 0 is too big.

You could try looking for Ann Taylor 00Petite and XXSPetite. I needed a bunch of business casual clothes for my internship and found that those were the most easy to find small sizes. They have those sizes both at their regular store and outlet. I am 5'5" so not really petite, and I know you are taller, but their tops still fit my longer torso fine and pencil skirts are still long enough.

I need help with this from the tall girls on here :)

I need some new jeans but can't find anywhere that sells them. I am a 00 Long at Hollister, but they are sold out of those sizes, if they even carry them anymore. I tried PAC sun but they don't have any in longs, and I need at least a 33" inseam, probably 34-35" would be best. I can't fit into American Eagle 00 - too big - and I can't go to Abercrombie Kids or any kids stores because they are too short. Any suggestions?

Reactions: 1 user

I need some new jeans but can't find anywhere that sells them. I am a 00 Long at Hollister, but they are sold out of those sizes, if they even carry them anymore. I tried PAC sun but they don't have any in longs, and I need at least a 33" inseam, probably 34-35" would be best. I can't fit into American Eagle 00 - too big - and I can't go to Abercrombie Kids or any kids stores because they are too short. Any suggestions?

American Apparel sells some small sizes (23 and 24) and they are true to size. I also like asos because you can sometimes find 23s (a true 00). For higher end, rag and bone sells a few styles of very small jeans and so does j brand, you just have to look for them a bit harder.

American Apparel sells some small sizes (23 and 24) and they are true to size. I also like asos because you can sometimes find 23s (a true 00). For higher end, rag and bone sells a few styles of very small jeans and so does j brand, you just have to look for them a bit harder.

Thanks :). Unfortunately all of these are too short :(. The inseam is only 30", which I know isn't long enough. Asos offers long sizes, but not in 00 or 0. Do you know any others?

Thanks :). Unfortunately all of these are too short :(. The inseam is only 30", which I know isn't long enough. Asos offers long sizes, but not in 00 or 0. Do you know any others?

hmm (i wish i had tall people problems :( ) I think that most higher end brands tend to fit more true to size, and I know Acne can even run small (idk about their inseam though) A.P.C runs long, as do most other selvedge denim brands. Frame denim paired with Karlie a few months ago to do a 'long inseam' jean too, hope that all helps :D

hmm (i wish i had tall people problems :( ) I think that most higher end brands tend to fit more true to size, and I know Acne can even run small (idk about their inseam though) A.P.C runs long, as do most other selvedge denim brands. Frame denim paired with Karlie a few months ago to do a 'long inseam' jean too, hope that all helps :D

Thanks :). Unfortunately I can't really afford these atm, and the brands that have the longs don't have them in my size :(. I definitely will check some of these places out if I need a dress though :).

I just ordered some 00 longs from Wet Seal - hopefully they will fit - I'll let you all know when they come in just in case anyone else here has the same problem :)

Has anyone else noticed high street chains stocking smaller sizes? Topshop for example now have non-petite UK4/US0 sized clothes in a much wider range of clothes. Not complaining! :grin: But perhaps a response to vanity-sizing madness? :confused:

Has anyone else noticed high street chains stocking smaller sizes? Topshop for example now have non-petite UK4/US0 sized clothes in a much wider range of clothes. Not complaining! :grin: But perhaps a response to vanity-sizing madness? :confused:

Finally! I really liked a lot of the basic options at Topshop, but I'm not quite short enough to wear petite clothing there. I can't wait!

check out Free People. All thier jeans and pants have a 35" inseam. They usually cost $40 and up. And they have 23" waist sizes as well. Thier sale section is great, and you can find tons of it on eBay too. One of my good friends is 6' and they're the perfect length for her. Another thing you can do if you only need a couple inches at the bottom is get some wide ribbon (there's tons of different fabrics) and sew it to the bottom.

I get 00L from express and white house black market...and still have to get them taken in, but for work I have found no other choice. For jeans I like J brand and Henry and Belle...they generally work well depending on the style. Run pretty long.

@Bunny and @ScorpioScorpio - thank you! Unfortunately I couldn't find any 23s at Free People in the skinny jeans right now (probably sold out :( ) but I will definitely check them out other times :). And I run into that problem at Express too - I bought a pencil skirt in 00 there that just hung off my hip bones because it was too big for my waist haha. And Ann Taylor I can't even fit into the XXS or their 00s. Ugh so annoying - seriously the amount of effort it has taken me to find jeans makes me want to punch the face in of the next fattie that complains about Abercrombie (seeing as their 00s are too big for me)

Last edited by a moderator: