• We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Favourite Movie

smallthing

Super Star
Reaction score
I just added Wadjda to my watch list... "Hunger" is the Irish movie? If so I like it a bunch...
Yes, Hunger is the Steve McQueen movie about the strikes in Ireland!

I hope you like Wadjda! I lived in the Middle East for four years when I was about the same age as the principal character, which is why it resonated with me so much — you’ll see when you watch it. No spoilers!

Reactions: hazyshadeofwinter

ghostgirl

Rising Star
Reaction score
Damn y’all have amazing taste. A few off the top of my head:

Suspiria (1977)
Poltergeist (1982)
Tangerine
Night of the Living Dead
The Florida Project
Blow Up
Heathers
Scream
Rushmore
Audition
The Social Network ...ugh ik
Battle Royale

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score
Damn y’all have amazing taste. A few off the top of my head:

Suspiria (1977)
Poltergeist (1982)
Tangerine
Night of the Living Dead
The Florida Project
Blow Up
Heathers
Scream
Rushmore
Audition
The Social Network ...ugh ik
Battle Royale
Holy hell! Suspiria has the best soundtrack (Goblin) ... Argento at his best! And I'm all about Poltergeist "Come into the light Carol Anne" ... on that note I need to throw "Children of the Corn" into the ring... it gets me every time... Night of the Living Dead = classic... and Tangerine was good too.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: moins and ghostgirl

ghostgirl

Rising Star
Reaction score
Holy hell! Suspiria has the best soundtrack (Goblin) ... Argento at his best! And I'm all about Poltergeist "Come into the light Carol Anne" ... on that note I need to throw "Children of the Corn" into the ring... it gets me every time... Night of the Living Dead = classic... and Tangerine was good too.
Are you reading my mind rn? I didn't even think of Children of the Corn but helllll yeah. I saw Goblin play the score live during a screening of the film and it was one of my favorite shows of 2018! and Poltergeist actually inspired me to write an essay on the relationship between paranormal activity & technology that I still consider one of my best pieces to date. I'm a bit of a horror buff if you couldn't tell...

• Love

christinechina

Rising Star
Reaction score
Ex Machina = YES! as well as Farewell My Concubine :luvluv:
Omg I watched "Ex Machina" on the plane and it took all my effort to not make a fool of myself surrounded by 100 other people after I finished it :lol:

And hoooooly shit "Farewell My Concubine" gets me every single time....Leslie Cheung is absolutely wonderful and I cry just thinking about the movie tbh. Like I had to watch it for a class but I ended up loving it

charisma

Super Star
Reaction score
Most of my favorite movies have already been added, but one of my faves is the danish movie “Jagten” (“The Hunt”). It deals with some difficult subjects and is a little dark sometimes, I honestly cried a little watching it the first time. Can definitely recommend!

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score
Most of my favorite movies have already been added, but one of my faves is the danish movie “Jagten” (“The Hunt”). It deals with some difficult subjects and is a little dark sometimes, I honestly cried a little watching it the first time. Can definitely recommend!
Mads Mikkelsen :inluv:

• Agree
Reactions: charisma

Nymph

Worker Bee
Reaction score
I'm really into Xavier Dolan movies right now. Love his aesthetic :luv:

Also, the relationship between son and mother in J'ai tué ma mère reminds me so much how me and my mother used to fight for everything when I was a teen.

• Love
Reactions: FrançoiseEllyn

wisp

Rookie
Reaction score
Lot of great ones in this thread already but one unique one that’s stuck with me in recent years is Brigsby Bear. Don’t read any plot summaries in advance though!

Also would highly recommend the cinematography in Bladerunner 2049, as well as Tarsem Singh’s The Fall.

• Agree
Reactions: FrançoiseEllyn

Layla

Super Star
Reaction score
Just finished The Emperor of all Maladies and it's the best medical history I've ever read.

lizzielacksiron

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Recently I've watched Jean de Florette, Manon des Sources, Manchester by the Sea and The Accused (Jodie Foster). Great films, would recommend them all.