Favorite Designers

V

Vaporize

Who are your all time favorite designers? For me, I'd have to say Michael Kors and Fendi. Coach bags are made too cheaply, IMHO, but their shoes will last forever. I have one LV bag but I actually don't like it much. Gucci wallets - no.

I have a few other bags from different designers, but none of them excite me nearly as much as MK and Fendi. As for shoes, it's always Coach nowadays, or some off brand for sandals and such. (I can't stand uncomfortable shoes).

Anyone else?

• Gross
Reactions: 1 user
I love Victoria Beckham's collection, Chanel, Balmain, Sonia Rykiel, Calvin Klein, Chloe and Acne. These are like my all time fave where I just want the whole collection. Oh and for occasion wear I want Valentino's dresses, they are absolutely stunning.

I used to love Marc Jacobs, but not a huge fan of his recent collections and I used to love Luella before it went bust. But I am right now completely in love with VB's collection, I want all of it!

I love Valentino and Elie Saab for their beautiful gowns, they are so pretty, like they're from a fairytale! I like Balmain and Balenciaga for casual wear. Burberry at times, too. Now if only I actually had the money to afford their clothes :lol: Seems like I'm stuck with Topshop for now.

Are we talking designers or fashion houses?

If we're talking about designers, my list would go:
1. John Galliano (GENIUS)
2. Elie Saab
3. Jason Wu
4. Donna Karan

Fashion houses:
1. Dior during Galliano (fuck you Raf Simmons - stick with Jjil Sander!)
2. Gucci
3. Elie Saab
4. Oscar de la Renta
5. Donna Karan

I love the stuff Alexander Mcqueen designed and I was sad to hear about his death :(. I like Marc Jacobs and Vivienne Westwood too. But I am in LOVE with Burberry I just want one of their coats!

Proenza Schouler for Bags
Prabal Gurung for Ready-to-Wear
Alexander McQueen for Couture
Burberry for Outerwear
DVF for her prints/color
Elie Saab for its gowns

Then a bunch of stuff here & there like some Valentino gowns in classic red.

I love the stuff Alexander Mcqueen designed and I was sad to hear about his death :(. I like Marc Jacobs and Vivienne Westwood too. But I am in LOVE with Burberry I just want one of their coats!

No need for me to write more. I can just agree :grin: Love Vivienne and McQueen and yeah, a Burberry coat...one day maybe ;)

I also like to watch Pam Hogg`s creations. I wouldn´t wear much of it I guess, but I like her ideas.

I love michael kors, Marc Jacobs, TORY BURCH, Diane Von furstenburg, and Rebecca minkolf :) Now I'm in the mood to go shopping

Dior w/ Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Dolce&Gabbana, Jason Wu, Elie Saab

My favourites for bags are Hermes, Dior, Celine, Balenciaga, Proenza Schouler and several others. I switch from phases where I love big slouchy bags like the Celine Trapeze pr PS1, then go on to lust after cute small structured bags - which is where I am now. I'm loving the micro Celine luggage, Chanel mini flap, small Lady Dior and I want a Miss Dior in croc or python.

My taste has changed a lot in the past year :p Now my favorite designers are Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Thierry Mugler, Christian Dior, Hussein Chalayan, Martin Margiela, Gareth Pugh, Alber Elbaz, Iris van Herpen, Dries van Noten, Christian Lacroix, and Haider Ackermann.

Strictly for accessories:

1) Work bags and accessories - Vuitton. I have invested in several pieces from the eponymous epi range in black, including the Sorbonne for when I have my laptop, the Saint Jacques for when I don't, the MM agenda for organizing, the Cles in 4-key and the best wallet ever: the Tresor. I seriously adore Epi since the bags are serious workhorse bags: they last forever, are virtually indestructible, hide wear very well and are very discrete (unlike all that gaudy monogrammed pattern shit :superpuke:). I also don't have any, but admire Bottega Veneta intrecciato pieces for this category - the leather is a bit too soft though, and I prefer Vuitton's more structured styles.

2) Weekend bags - Lanvin. Their styles are always really unexpected and different (and not overdone, overworn), the leather is great quality, and I love their signature medallion.

3) Sunglasses - All sorts. Probably Gucci for versatility, but I also own and love Chloes, Bottegas, Chanels and Gaultiers.

4) Boots - Lanvin, Tod's, Miu Miu and Costume National for day to day, Prada, Gucci and Ferragamo for work. Love and admire Isabel Marants as well as Margielas, but do not own any. Rick Owens has some lustworthy experimental styles as well. And one day I want a pair of Ann Demeulemeester biker boots, but I have too many shoes and too little space right now.

5) Flats and driving shoes - Tod's for comfort, Ferragamos for comfort at work, Jil Sander, Gianfranco Ferre, Balenciaga, Chloe, Celine for both. Lanvin flats are super well regarded in this category as well, but I haven't bought myself a pair yet. Also, I really love some of the Comme Des Garcons styles for play and Dries Van Noten for work.

Reactions: 1 user
Bags: Celine, Proenza Schouler, Balenciaga (although I am getting quite sick of the fluorescent and/or pastel arena bags on clueless fashion wannabes)

In general: Alexander Wang's new collection for Balenciaga :luv:, Jil Sander, Costume National,Valentino, Prada (wasn't a fan of s/s this year, though), Theyskens Theory, Helmut Lang, Isabel Marant. I miss Alexander McQueens work. I like shopping at Opening Ceremony

So basically, I am an utter contradiction. I typically prefer minimalistic/edgier styles, but classics like Valentino's lace or high collars will always be dear to me.

Strictly for accessories:

1) Work bags and accessories - Vuitton. I have invested in several pieces from the eponymous epi range in black, including the Sorbonne for when I have my laptop, the Saint Jacques for when I don't, the MM agenda for organizing, the Cles in 4-key and the best wallet ever: the Tresor. I seriously adore Epi since the bags are serious workhorse bags: they last forever, are virtually indestructible, hide wear very well and are very discrete (unlike all that gaudy monogrammed pattern shit :superpuke:). I also don't have any, but admire Bottega Veneta intrecciato pieces for this category - the leather is a bit too soft though, and I prefer Vuitton's more structured styles.

I'm glad to hear this! I've been saving for an Alma in epi for work, but I was wondering how the leather would hold up for something that's going to get a lot of use. Now I'm vindicated, and motivated to save faster!

I'm glad to hear this! I've been saving for an Alma in epi for work, but I was wondering how the leather would hold up for something that's going to get a lot of use. Now I'm vindicated, and motivated to save faster!

I'm of the mindset that bags shouldn't be treated too preciously (they're there to be worn and used, not coddled and protected). Especially not workbags that you need to wear daily and don't really have time to take care of when faced with the demands of, you know, work - and so I treat mine like crap, too. They're on the floor all the time, out in the rain, etc. And they still look amazing. I can't say enough about them. And yes, it costs a lot for one upfront, but this is a bag you'll very likely have for the next 20 years, they hold up so well.

Also, the alcantara lining is just dreeeamy.