Fat Acceptance, My Ass

Overweight and healthy, yes. Morbidly obese and healthy? Not so much.

Curvy or Chubby and healthy yes... but "over"weight means OVER the healthy weight range.... which means not healthy. There is a huge range of healthy weights and body types without being overweight. For a 5'9 woman, the CDC says that a healthy weight reange is 125-165 pounds... tell me that an 180lb person at 5'9 leads an active, healthy, risk free life? I beg to differ... 160 perhaps.

Reactions: 1 user
Curvy or Chubby and healthy yes... but "over"weight means OVER the healthy weight range.... which means not healthy. There is a huge range of healthy weights and body types without being overweight. For a 5'9 woman, the CDC says that a healthy weight reange is 125-165 pounds... tell me that an 180lb person at 5'9 leads an active, healthy, risk free life? I beg to differ... 160 perhaps.

We'll have to disagree. While they may not be in peak physical condition, I think someone can be relatively healthy when overweight. Obesity is what causes a host of health concerns, being overweight is nowhere near as serious.

We'll have to disagree. While they may not be in peak physical condition, I think someone can be relatively healthy when overweight. Obesity is what causes a host of health concerns, being overweight is nowhere near as serious.

Oh yes, relatively healthy for sure but not ideal. But yes major health problems are much more closely tied to obesity I see what you're saying.