Fashion Questionnaire

S

Skinny2012

I think most of you gurls are VERY interested in fashion. I'd love to know more about your personal style, what your favourite designer/brand etc is, how much you spend on clothes... so i prepared this questionnaire. I'm looking forward to reading your answers!!

1) Which fashion style/trend do you tend to follow when you purchase clothes?

2) What is your favourite trend and why?

3) What influences you the most when you buy clothes?

4) How much are you willing to spend on one item of clothing with an appropriate brand image?

5) How much do you usually spend on clothes every month?

6) Who or what influences your style?

tropical1.jpg

I'm going shopping today :luv: so this is perfect!

Think Alexander Wang, but much more wearable. Sometime I like to wear really girly things too (I love sundresses!) but I really never wear much colour.

Skinny jeans, because they're 1000x more flattering on skinny girls than flared jeans are. And I love the sort of boho look, too.

Style, fit, and price.

4) How much are you willing to spend on one item of clothing with an appropriate brand image?
I've never cared for brands, I actually hate t-shirts or hoodies with brands on them :/ makes you look like a billboard.

Ugh, too much. Whenever I'm out and I want to buy a sandwich or something, I take that money and put it aside for clothes. It works!

My mood, and the weather!

Really girlie things but at the same time I prefer classic looks.

The classic look because it's so simple and wearable.

The quality of the clothes and the style.

It depends entirely on an item. Sometimes I'm lucky and my mum will buy me something that is quite pricy ;)

Varies, some months I spend a lot and then a few months when I am so busy that I don't shop at all.

The weather, I'm in London after all :grin:

By the way Skinny2012, it would be great to see your answers too ;)

By the way Skinny2012, it would be great to see your answers too ;)

Here it goes...

Classic looks (for work) but i'm also a rocker chic (skinny jeans, biker boots...) and sometimes sporty. I can be quite girly when i feel like it :).

I love blazers, because they make you instantly look more chic.

Fashion magazines, my personal style, prices...

I try to mix clothes from Zara, H&M and other shops with more expansive brands, but it really depends on the item... i spend a lot of money on shoes.

Depends on how much money i have, it's different every month.

Music, Art, Fashion Magazines, my friends, mood....

Business/urban-chic to boho to hippie. All my chlothes have a retro/vintage vibe more or less.

Romantic summer dresses, Skinny jeans, color blocking, short skirts with (non-stripper)heels. Colored blazers. 20s!

Outfits on mannequins and fashion photos from blogs/celeb websites. But it really depends if it fits me (body-wise and personality-wise).

I really don't know. I was browsing net-a-porter website where you can buy designer clothes and they all seem kinda expensive to me.

I track my budget and it's pretty consistent at 130-160 EUR (170-210 USD). I include accessories in this.

Sometimes I incorporate new trends/styles when I feel bored of my old one. I have never dressed in a sporty fashion, but now I'm kinda digging the new sporty trend with neon colors etc.

I like this idea; very cute. Here's mine:

I have a pretty good mix of extremely girly (lace, pearls, silk) and masculine clothing. I love mens wear on women. I can dress pretty strangely, at times... my friends joke and call me Carrie Bradshaw, for example.

I'm LOVING this sleepwear as clothing trend that's happening right now... as I said, I love silk and lace and all things pretty and lingerie-like.

I'm a fashion student, and I also read a TON of fashion-related blogs, so I'm always saving pictures (of celebs, models, street style, etc.) wearing certain items I'd like to look for, or, in most cases, find something similar due to my lack of money.

Stupid amounts, especially considering my lack of money. If it's a piece that will last me a bit and get lots of use, I'll go for it.

That's hard to say. I don't exactly go shopping every single month, maybe one item here or there. I'm more of a big shopping trip kind of girl, blowing anywhere from $500+ on a good day.

All the fashion blogs I read, street style, fashion mags.

My favorite go to item is black yoga pants and cute sweater and sneakers.

Watching TV, the model pictures on this website.

I'm a cheapo so i shop at second hand stores so usually my whole shopping is under like 30$

$20-40

Playboy Models everyday at home look,... watch "GirlsNextDoor" that usually what i wear

Great thread. I love clothes.

1) Which fashion style/trend do you tend to follow?

I don't really follow trends. It's too hard and expensive to keep up. Generally, I go by what I think looks good and lasts, regardless of whether it's trendy or not.

No idea lol.

The fabric and fit are the most important factors for me. If it's too big, I would never buy it. And the fabric has to be of good quality and match the rest of my clothes.

4) How much are you willing to spend on one item of clothing?

The most I've spent so far on an item is $300 but if I really liked a item, I think ~$800 is reasonable. Especially if it's from a brand with a reputation for quality and I can see myself wearing it 10 years from now.

I don't buy clothes regularly but over a year, I'd spend about $1500 on 5-8 items.

Celebrities, especially the petite ones like Bilson, Seyfried, Gomez, Angelababy and Emma Watson. Also, models because everything looks gorgeous on them.

1) Which fashion style/trend do you tend to follow?

I've not really followed trends much, what suits a skinny flat chested model almost always won't suit me so it's not really worth the bother! That said, I have loved the vintagey, contrasting fabrics and flashes of really rich colours looks recently.

The really rich colours and fabrics from a/w12 are beautiful! I love wearing furry coats, metallics and jewel-like colours so it's been really nice to have an excuse!

Fit. I tend not to suit a lot of stuff so I have to try on gazillions of things to find something that works on me. Occasionally I will just buy something really gorgeous and work out a way to make it suit me later though. Obviously comfort, quality and cost are pretty important too.

4) How much are you willing to spend on one item of clothing?

I don't think I've ever spent that much on something, probably never over £100 for one item. I have a fair amount of stuff that I've borrowed from my parents that may have cost more but I usually only buy vintage and high street myself so it's not that expensive.

I don't buy clothes that often really, usually just one or two items a month and a couple of big shops a year. Probably between £50 and £100 a month average?

Street style mostly. I see things people round uni and round town are wearing and if I really like an aspect of someone's style I'll try it out for myself.

I like rock n`roll and punk influences like leather jackets and studs and heavy boots, I also like bright colours, romantic styles, laid back styles, some things that came from that pinup-vintage-trend, some 80s influences in fashion are very much my taste as well, I wear a lot of dark colours..black, dark blue, darker reds but in contrast I also like very bright red and blue and green sometimes. I also like animal prints generally, but I´m always careful, it is easy to look cheap with that. I love heavy materials like velvet, I LOVE lace, I like wollcoats that have a fine quality and I like fake fur. All in all I think I wear a mix between freaky and classy though that seems to not fit together really, it sums it up best.

I never wear yellow and I also hardly wear pastel colors, it looks awful on me usually. I also don´t wear neon, no gold for me as well and also no rhinestones. And nothing too cute/girly, does not suit my style and persona.

LACE! I am in love with lace since I was a little girl and I still am and its great when something you always liked becomes a trend for a while cause you can buy a lot of beautiful stuff then :)

My mood and my recent ideas of what look I would like to wear. I don´t switch a lot though, I have a style that fits me and tons of clothes so its not getting changed too much since many years now. Mostly I only add things to my wardrobe that fit with the stuff I already have.

I am not into brands so much, but if a brand creates something I really like, I am willing to spend a lot :D I love fashion, can´t help it.

Depends a lot. From 10€ to 300€, sometimes you have money, sometimes not :grin: But I think there is hardly a month when I don´t step into a shop. I love second hand stores, so its always possible to find something even when there is very little cash left ;) I can also sew a bit, so sometimes I just buy a beautiful fabric and try doing something on my own. I like doing that though sometimes it goes wrong of course as I´m not a designer and also not a tailor ;)

Mostly what I see in the internet, not so much what I see outside cause most people over here look too boring for my taste though I understand not everybody is into wearing very flashy clothes and styles, but I often am :D

Reactions: 1 user
I try and stick to Simple skinnies and tees. Although I am still stuck in stripes mode.

50's - It seems so elegant.

The cut, quality of material and how well its put together. I have a really wierd body shape so it's pretty hard to find something that would look good on me. The material is a big one for me. I refuse to spend a decent amount on polyester and the stiching- no point in buying it if its gonna fall apart.

Brands don't bother me so much. Don't get me wrong i wouldn't say no to a Burberry Mac. I find that brands don't always = quality.

Not alot- I tell everyone i hate clothes shopping still when actually i've recently started to love it. So people never invite me.

My body. My mood. The weather and seasons.

Grungy/rock 'n' roll/boho

Old school rock 'n' roll: so sexy!

How it adds to my image and how much it costs

Say if it was jeans, $400 (I think this is about the same for US money)

$50 - $300

Abbey Lee Kershaw, Freja Beha Erichsen

I love Abbey Lee Kershaw's style:

133518_565.jpg

abbey.jpg

And though I could never pull it off, I absolutely admire Anja Rubik for this:

153850.jpg

I don't really follow trends, just my heart :cool:

2) What is your favorite trend and why?
Lace, it's so classy, I just love it.

My gut feeling when I see something I must have :grin:

Brands aren't what's important to me, but the quality and design.

I'm a "browser" haha :p I like to go out and see if I see anything that strikes me. If not then I don't spend any money. It also depends how much money I have to spend, but usually around $50 is the average.

I don't think I have any real influences, but you could say I have a very classy & chic style.

Outfits on mannequins and fashion photos from blogs/celeb websites. But it really depends if it fits me (body-wise and personality-wise).

One major turn-off I have is when I walk into stores and look at the mannequins, and the clothes are pinned in the back to make them look more appealing. If it don't properly fit the mannequin it won't properly fit me. :mad:

My style is what is called "Gamine". It is very Audrey Hepburn-esque: in between feminine/girly and classic/timeless/tomboyish. Very whismical and innocent. Almost childish.

Skinny Jeans (MADE for skinny legs and flat hips), military jackets (tomboy sophistication) and lace or florals (so sweet!).

My personal style

It would depend on the item. Also: quality over quantity!

It varies. Sometimes I buy a LOT and sometimes I buy nothing at all.

Audrey Hepburn! Sometimes I think: "Would Audrey wear this?" before picking something.