Earthlings (a must see for animal lovers)

Have you guys ever watched a documentary movie called Earthlings? It's very heart wrenching. I've have been vegetarian for about 3 years and sometimes would go vegan for a few months and then slip up and go back being vegetarian, but this video has DEFINITELY made my decision VERY clear.

I think this is an eye opener for people who don't understand how cruel these animals are treated in the food, clothing, and entertainment industry. If you have watched this movie, please do share your thoughts on it!

Here's a link to the documentary if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19eBAfUFK3E

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I watched "Earthlings" a while ago and the comparison of Holocaust victims with animals killed at slaughterhouses made me angry/upset. Animal cruelty really gets me, i am vegan myself but the term "animal holocoust" should not exist. There was only one holocoust and people need to remember that. This term is simply abused in the documentary to create shock moments.

I hate how animal right groups especially PETA misuse Holocaust materials. Ingrid Newkirk, the president of PETA once said: "Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses."
(http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/26024/this-time-peta-s-guilty-of-missing-the-point/)

That's just wrong imo.

Reactions: 3 users
I haven't watched it, and I don't intend to, I just can't handle watching shows with strong images especially with animal cruelty it just breaks my heart. But I am a vegetarian.

i am vegan myself but the term "animal holocoust" should not exist. There was only one holocoust and people need to remember that. This term is simply abused in the documentary to create shock moments.

I hate how animal right groups especially PETA misuse Holocaust materials. Ingrid Newkirk, the president of PETA once said: "Six million Jews died in concentration camps, but six billion broiler chickens will die this year in slaughterhouses."
(http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/26024/this-time-peta-s-guilty-of-missing-the-point/)

That's just wrong imo.

I agree. Ugh PETA makes me sick!

OMG I am never eating meat again, never buyng fur and i even now consider working with animals' welfare and rights!

Okay, I've been thinking about going vegetarian and only eat eggs and dairy my grandma gives to me (I know she's not being cruel to her animals) and literally few seconds of this video have made the decision for me. I'm excited to be honest :)

I do, though, agree with this:

I watched "Earthlings" a while ago and the comparison of Holocaust victims with animals killed at slaughterhouses made me angry/upset. Animal cruelty really gets me, i am vegan myself but the term "animal holocoust" should not exist. There was only one holocoust and people need to remember that. This term is simply abused in the documentary to create shock moments.

That's just wrong imo.

I know this isn't about the movie, but this makes me glad that I never really ate eggs even when I was vegetarian. This is what a girl (on tumblr) found inside her store bought eggs, as she was about to prepare a meal.

To everyone who told me that my fear of finding a dead chicken fetus inside an egg was “irrational” and “highly unlikely”
Fuck. You.

babychicks1.jpg

babychick2.jpg

@smallbones that is so sad! I would have freaked out. never buying/eating eggs again :superpuke:

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this documetary a few months AFTER becoming a vegan almost 6 years ago. When I became vegan I knew that what was being done to animals was wrong but I didn't know how wrong it was. The documetary was hard but I watched it to the end, feeling even more commited to veganism and knowing how extremely terrible it is behind the curtains (well, in front is horrible and unnatural too). I have a cat (and he has me :grin:) and I see him different since then, I think what we did to him was wrong, even when he is happy now. It also opened my eyes to something I was oblivious: trademarks that do test on animals, why it is wrong to wear wool...

It's not about my love for animals (altough I love them, yes) but about fairness. I like animals more than people. Animals are honest, they are what they are and just for that they have my respect. I will not contribute to their suffering when it's absolutely unnecessary and knowing that even when they don't speak like humans do (but they speak) we share something: fear and pain.

Even when it's hard, I recommend viewing the documetary. It's an eye-opener (and heart-stabber too). I wish I had watched it when it came out to become vegan sooner. I wish I had realized sooner.

That's just wrong imo.
First of all http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holocaust
It has more than one meaning.
Second of all, don't be so sensitive. God I really have so little tolerance for the "Politically Correct". First of all, it's called "Earthlings", remember...? Which implies we all live on this planet and share it and should be treated with equal respect and rights as life-forms cohabiting this planet. They didn't mean to diminish the Holocaust or to anger anybody.

Oh, btw, I am a muslim from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the citizens of my country suffered through ethnic cleansing, the longest siege in modern warfare, and genocide during the war in the 90s. Not trying to compare anything, just argumenting why I have the right to react to your comment.

Reactions: 1 user