better everyday shoe

Apple

Rising Star
Jan 16, 2012
USA
So I work at a school and we have to wear flat shoes that cover the toes and heels (you have to be able to run in case of an emergency) and I really need some new shoes to wear to work and to classes/everyday errands. I used to wear just a pair of converse and then i had a pair of plain TOMS but I am trying to present myself in a better way. Do you guys have any ideas on a simple but nice looking pair of shoes for everyday activities?

Urban Outfitters and H&M both stock cute flats, and I actually find them both to be quite decent quality (try to avoid the "Divided By" line from H&M, though).

I really like suede flats but I find flats really difficult to walk in for a long time. How about loafers or brogues?

Brogues are great I wear them to school and they are really versatile and comfortable. You should try New Look they do good quality shoes at great prices and there is so much choice I am sure you will find something perfect.

Even though it's getting warmer where I live, I still wear suede moccasins. Mine are Minnetonka's but lots of brands make them. I like how over time, they conform to the shape of your feet.

I love ballet flats. I usually get a really good pair and wear them to death every single day (most last 2 years max). I'd get them from Lanvin, Bally or Repetto. They might be expensive but they last so long and wear them everyday with everything (jeans, skirts, dresses etc) and they hold up well and don't look ratty as quickly as cheaper mass-produced shoes.

Cheaper alternatives you can look at Bloch (they make real ballet shoes too), Pierre Cardin and French Sole. :)

ETA: I really don't wear any other shoe. I have a pair of Guess by Marciano heels that I wear for formal occasions (so comfy I could run in them), a pair of flip flops and running shoes. Because I live in a tropical climate I don't need cold-weather shoes. At any one time I own 4 pairs of footwear, max. Better to have a few really good and comfortable shoes than a mountain of cheap painful shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
French sole ballet flats :luv: Most comfy, durable (4 years and still look decent) investment shoe ever.

Thanks for all the responses! I am going to search for a pair of good quality flats to invest in and I will start with the brands suggested.

So I work at a school and we have to wear flat shoes that cover the toes and heels (you have to be able to run in case of an emergency) and I really need some new shoes to wear to work and to classes/everyday errands. I used to wear just a pair of converse and then i had a pair of plain TOMS but I am trying to present myself in a better way. Do you guys have any ideas on a simple but nice looking pair of shoes for everyday activities?

I feel your pain. Iwork in a lab, so I'm confined to the same type of footwear day in, day out - nothing open-toed or open-backed.

I do flats almost year round, except for when there's snow on the ground, when I switch to cute boots.

So I second/third all the flats suggestions. They're super comfy, and come in endless styles these days.

My new flats I just treated myself to:

Screen_shot_2011-07-20_at_8.24.41_PM.png

Flats all the way! I always wear flats, EVERYWHERE. I'm a little obsessed with them, they're just so classy and comfortable. I have many pairs, in many colors and patterns. Right now I'm in love with the pair attached, I want them! :luv:

Attachments

• I wants.JPG
    I wants.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 87
Vera Wang has some really nice ballet flats. they're relatively affordable and VERY comfortable.

Vera-Wang-Lynette-Satin-Ballet-Flats.jpg

vera-wang-ballet-flat.jpg

AAAACw4CO3UAAAAAAVhrzQ.jpg

VWLillian_0012CMYK.jpg

e1270843335.jpg

!CE8es%28!!2k~$%28KGrHqR,!loE1GBOzSmEBNTkt01-tg~~0_35.JPG

64036244402691221.jpeg

love them so much!

I love these! But am I the only one who gets blisters in flats? I work in a restaurant on weekends and I find I just can't walk around on ballerina flats all day without getting blisters. It's better if I wear ballerina socks in them but really, I just hate the way that looks...

I love these! But am I the only one who gets blisters in flats? I work in a restaurant on weekends and I find I just can't walk around on ballerina flats all day without getting blisters. It's better if I wear ballerina socks in them but really, I just hate the way that looks...

i get blisters too very easily in flats. but these flats are actually very comfy and soft and don't give you blisters; well it depends on the kind you get.

at that other question about where you can get Vera Wang flats; online? i know you can get some at Kohl's if you have one by you... maybe other places? i suggest just searching up "vera wang flats" on google and see where that takes you.

If you work in a relatively casual environment, Minetoonka Mocassins! They are super-comfy...I could wear them for hours.

I'm so weird about what I put on my feet. I don't wear socks unless I absolutely have to, which basically just means when I'm working out. I'm not even sure I own more than one pair of socks... and I live in Canada.

I've been wearing a pair of blue loafers from American Apparel (crazy, right?) for the past year that I absolutely adore. One of the best pairs of shoes I've ever owned. They have some nice oxfords, too (they're obviously overpriced)

As for the ballet flats, I find them so child like. A rounded toe makes me cringe a little bit. I also can't imagine how awful they would feel on my feet.

I'm so weird about what I put on my feet. I don't wear socks unless I absolutely have to, which basically just means when I'm working out. I'm not even sure I own more than one pair of socks... and I live in Canada.

I've been wearing a pair of blue loafers from American Apparel (crazy, right?) for the past year that I absolutely adore. One of the best pairs of shoes I've ever owned. They have some nice oxfords, too (they're obviously overpriced)

As for the ballet flats, I find them so child like. A rounded toe makes me cringe a little bit. I also can't imagine how awful they would feel on my feet.

Well pointed toes make me feel like Cruella De Vil :rolleyes:

My new flats I just treated myself to:

Screen_shot_2011-07-20_at_8.24.41_PM.png

I have them too, just with the golden thingy on it :) Love them and wearing them right now.

As much as I love wearing heals (becaus I can kiss my bf easier :lol:) I looove flats so much. I don't like the cheap ones you can get for 10€ or so, I rather invest in some nice ones, like the Tory Burch flats. I also got these pretty flats:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=47153536

and I love these (although they are so plain and simple):
http://img9.kleiderkreisel.de/images/item_photos/609/753/60975310.JPG?1322931218

and I think I will order them too: http://www.impressionen.de/medias/sys_impressionen/8470381150312864.image.jpg