ANTM - and now I've got a question . . .

AnnaLeah Rose

Trash
Banned
Jan 16, 2012
between here and there
I'm not sure where to post this, but I'm thinking that this is the right place. So, a mall neat my town is hosting America's Next Top Model Casting Calls near my town in March, and I was thinking about auditioning. BUT the only thing is that it seems like the girls who are on these shows never actually break into high fashion, or even have much modelling work once the shows are over. :hmm:

So my question: do you think that going on the show (IF I even got accepted) is a surefire way to never have a modelling career, or do you think that the other girls just didn't take the initiative? Also, can anyone think of any ANTM modelling success stories (not like TV, but actually MODELLING). :confused:

Thanks in advance. :luv:

If you are serious about a modelling career, I wouldn't go to ANTM... GNTM with Heidi Klum is pretty much the same, it's entertaining and i like to watch it, but the girls are only successful for a very short time and after a few weeks people loose interest and there is already the next season on television ...

I know that ANTM winner Brittany Kline (spelling might be inaccurate here) has quit modelling. She had about a half-year career and is now back at home with her mother. She kicked up a bunch of dust about getting out of her bad situation and letting modelling take off her career...but she had the shelf life of a banana.

And that's typical.

Also, ANTM seems to be getting a bit ridiculous anyway...anyone see the previews for the newest cycle? British Invasion? It looks like a rumble/wrestling match with "high fashion."

Dude, if you are serious, then you need to find some modeling agencies send in your photos, or visit when they have open calls stat.

Not to be pessimistic, but you are 19....that's sort of the time that you should already be established, so if you are serious then don't wait for ANTM...but go to it if you want to see what it's like for adventures sake!

(although ANTM girls are always fat and old in my opinion & that's why they never really get anywhere...but whatever...)

Yeah, I think that you should contact an agency. I think that the main reasons that models on ANTM do not have great careers are that a) they are looking for an easy solution in becoming a supermodel and there really isn't one, so they are not really ready to work that hard b) they are not model skinny c) they are already too old so that anyone would be interested d) how many of them are even interested in modeling/fashion? some of them don't even know anything about fashion.

DONT DO IT.
none of the girls ever seem to do anything after. its not even real modelling its reality tv. anyway about 9 of the 10 pages of questions they ask you are totally unreated to modelling and experience, and more like your personality, are you argumentative, do you cry alot etc.
like the other girls said, if youre serious about it, contact an agency.

Everyone is right. Even if you got on the show and WON, you're not going to end up with a real modeling career. The only way to do that is get into a real modeling agency pronto (and tell them you're 16 or 17.)

DONT DO IT.
none of the girls ever seem to do anything after. its not even real modelling its reality tv.

+1

anyway about 9 of the 10 pages of questions they ask you are totally unreated to modelling and experience, and more like your personality, are you argumentative, do you cry alot

Correct answer (if you want to make the finals): “OMG YES! I cry at the drop of a hat – in fact, I'm crying right now simply because you asked me about crying.”

like the other girls said, if youre serious about it, contact an agency.

:highfive: