All my friends are models

Discussion in 'Online' started by Tinyportia, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Tinyportia

Tinyportia Super Star

Notsure if anyone has seen this website before. I believe it was only launched a few days ago. It's a site apparently written by models, with various articles about fashion tips, beauty, trends etc. Though my fave section is the Model Life - an insight into what being a working model is really like. Interestingly, the cotton wool dipped in orange juice is a common theme - I assumed there was little truth to the stories about models eating cotton wool to stay skinny but perhaps it's not?

Anyway here is the link for those who are interested:

http://www.allmyfriendsaremodels.com

Sent from my iPad

2. Maddie

Maddie Rising Star

Oh! I like this site. Very interesting too. Although how deep will they go into the truth, if that makes sense? Their must be a limit where someone thinks "oh crap I've said too much?" you know?
    This is why I like this forum, sometimes there is real kindness and honesty but sometimes there is truth and occasionally it can be brutal :p.
    But thank you for sharing this link! It's ace!! xx

3. Whippet Girl

Whippet Girl Rising Star

Interesting! I've only had a quick look but from the list of model friends there it seems to have an Australian blogger running it.

4. Andrea

Andrea Super Star

Let's see what the insiders have to say about this. I don't believe a word unless someone verifies that this is indeed from a legit source and not a troll

5. Fremdschämen

Fremdschämen Grand Dame

Agreed. A lot of this reads like cliché scare tactics people use as excuses to insult models. This? I don't believe a word of it until one of our VIP says it's true.

6. ZeroDiet

ZeroDiet SkinnyGossip Royal

WHY BEING RUNWAY THIN WILL KILL YOU!

http://www.allmyfriendsaremodels.com/runway-thin-will-kill/

So I googled Kira Dikhtyar who was turned away by a designer for being "too thin"... in what world??? :shy:

Interesting concept, but I bet we as a community could dish out more "dirt". So I'm not sure how credible the site it. There's nothing new - nothing that hasn't been claimed before. Also the writing is pretty damn atrocious. So many typos and lack of punctuation in some articles.

The "too thin" model:

[​IMG]

7. Ginger_Red

Ginger_Red Rising Star

I read a few of the articles, they are mostly fluff. I've never found any site that compares to SG. I love the honesty here.

8. skinnieminnie

skinnieminnie Rising Star

:meh:
    Yeah this screams troll to me:meh:

9. Tinyportia

Tinyportia Super Star

It's possible she's been photoshopped to look bigger. Don't forget karlie Kloss made headlines yrs ago for having her rib cage photoshopped out of her photos

http://www.thegloss.com/2012/09/26/beauty/karlie-kloss-weight-photoshop-ribs-numero-545/

10. ZeroDiet

ZeroDiet SkinnyGossip Royal

11. Butternut

Butternut Grand Dame

Most of the articles I saw are old and were pulled from other sites.