Adele Says she doesn't want to be skinny..

I'm sorry, but.... I'm gonna have to call false on that one. The vast majority of what Adele talks about has NOTHING to do with her body. Look up her recent Vogue interview. I see information about her plans for a future album, her qualities as a girlfriend, her feelings about performing... and it is separate from body talk. Frankly, I think it's all of us who are fixated on her weight and trying to make it into an issue when it's not. And one more thing: I really do believe that the reason why so many people here fixate on Adele's weight is that it seems inconceivable to us - who are so wrapped up in being thin - that a woman can be large AND successful AND extremely talented AND happy/not concerned with her weight. I wish I could be half so confident, but instead I fret away about the size of my waist. So, let's all try being honest with ourselves, m'kay?

Holy crap! I want to marry this comment. She has definitely lost weight, but she's also been sick for months. I believe she had to have surgery on her vocal chords, if that's a case it would stand to reason that she would lose weight due to a restricted recovery diet. Her doctor may have told her she needs to lose weight as well or eat healthier to take the strain off her body.

I don't think that she's saying that there's anything wrong with being skinny or with showing your tatties. I just think she's saying that it was never something that was important to her in life. That may change for many reasons. I just don't think it's fair to pick on her for being fat AND pick on her for losing weight.

heyyy, you don't have to be bitchy (;

Not being bitchy, your first comment kinda hurt.
Sorry I didn't put it in the first thread made for her, :meh:
I just want to hear some opinions on this article. Stuff like this is what makes me not want to make threads anymore.

oh boy

fire.jpg

I'm sorry, but.... I'm gonna have to call false on that one. The vast majority of what Adele talks about has NOTHING to do with her body. Look up her recent Vogue interview. I see information about her plans for a future album, her qualities as a girlfriend, her feelings about performing... and it is separate from body talk. Frankly, I think it's all of us who are fixated on her weight and trying to make it into an issue when it's not. And one more thing: I really do believe that the reason why so many people here fixate on Adele's weight is that it seems inconceivable to us - who are so wrapped up in being thin - that a woman can be large AND successful AND extremely talented AND happy/not concerned with her weight. I wish I could be half so confident, but instead I fret away about the size of my waist. So, let's all try being honest with ourselves, m'kay?

Well said. I think this line was less about skinny people in general and more a comment on the typical popstars du jour (Gaga, Perry, Minaj) who focus more on their image, clothes, scandals, :rolleyes: etc. than on their music.
One of the reasons I admire Adele as an artist is that she focuses completely on writing and performing her music as well as she can and ignores all the rest.
I don't begrudge her for wanting to dissociate herself from her skinnier contemporaries, because I actually agree that she's entitled to it.
The superiority in this case has nothing to do with her body or weight, just her musical talent.

It's like brunettes who hate blondes that get more attention. Hooker, you know where the salon is!!

Irrelevant to Adele but I had to capture this little beauty all on it's own... this comment has made my morning Jane! LOL.

How could you FORGET that all skinnies are unnaturally that way and just doing it ~for the men~? Can't you see how FEMINIST and BODY POSITIVE Adele is?

Blah, just sounds like sour grapes to me. AND she *is* selling her body ... the only thing she ever talks about is her fatness! /irony

So true. I guess according to them girls just want to get skinny for the men, but that being skinny isn't "what men want". And you're right about the sour grapes too - if they can't have it, it wasn't that good in the first place. They just use this to help them cope with the fact that inside they know that their bodies aren't really how they want them to be.

Oh really Adele? I don't want to be a fatty with a double chin.

But really, why's it okay to bash a skinny?