Ondria Hardin

I thought this too...she's not totally blacked up...just tons of fake tanner...but enough to make it...well I don't feel terribly comfortable about this shoot.

I think once you've covered your model in brown colouring, styled her like Nefertiti and called her 'African Queen', the argument that it's just a tan starts to look tenuous at best. :meh:

Reactions: 1 users
F0xeFmh.gif

If they wanted a "African Queen," (and that's a rather hackneyed concept anyway) why couldn't they just get a Black model? Seriously.. But at least Ondria looks great aside from the horrible blackface.

African Queen
Photographer: Sebastian Kim
Model: Ondria Hardin
Styling: Katei Mossman
Hair: Diego Da Silva
Make-Up: Maud Laceppe
Nails: Liang
0qcVbzQ.jpg

:run: I liked her until this one smacked me in the face...

I think once you've covered your model in brown colouring, styled her like Nefertiti and called her 'African Queen', the argument that it's just a tan starts to look tenuous at best. :meh:

F0xeFmh.gif

If they wanted a "African Queen," (and that's a rather hackneyed concept anyway) why couldn't they just get a Black model?

This is what I thought. There is a fine line between provoking and offensive and this crossed it.

The Coming Of The Wind Talkers
Ondria Hardin by Boo George
Styled by Havana Laffitte

TVLrW7b.jpg

lqVz9XB.jpg

ojLfgkU.jpg

FMSkMlL.jpg

j2aRqIr.jpg

Lq1yqfX.jpg

DqtkIYK.jpg

bj3Fh0U.jpg

tErgESM.jpg

I think her delicate eyelids & the proportion of them since here eyes are not to deep set are my favorite feature of hers. Sounds weird, but they are pretty and give a nice frame to her eyes. (At least while she is young & before they get too hooded)

Dior Magazine #8 by Craig McDean

1.jpg

Editorial:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: 1 user
Am I the only one who doesn't really get her appeal? She's nice looking but I just don't gravitate towards her look.

Reactions: 1 user