Old Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues (1980s and 1990s)

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
Recently Verified
Jan 20, 2012
New York
A few weeks ago I was going through old magazines at my parents house and found some Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues from the 80s and 90s. I've seen pics from them in that era before but I guess I never realized how thick literally all the models were. I feel dumb but I had never actually gone through one of the SI mags from that era. I get that they were not going to put high fashion super skinny models in SI swimsuit issues but I thought back then it was at least a mix of slim-fit and curvy. But no they are all, every model, soft and thick. The mags were my dad's so of course I was giving him a hard time like "why would you keep these, these chicks are disgusting" just to make him mad.

OK here are some examples I found online.

B8IY80m.jpg

1994 cover with Kathy Ireland, Elle Macpherson, Rachel Hunter

I4DIFYD.jpeg

Stacey Williams, 1994

HMgaA1N.jpeg

Daniela Pestova, 1990

BHQEa7v.jpeg

Ashley Richardson, 1995

vIjyBXN.jpeg

Rebecca Romijn, 1995

LqU8M0I.jpeg

Ashley Richardson, 1991

2B6brMZ.jpeg

Cindy Crawford, 1988

q2hY1cV.jpeg

Stephanie Seymour, 1988

pWEtOql.jpeg

Kathy Ireland, 1988

nnrCUGf.jpeg

578Qc0F.jpeg

Stacey Williams, 1993

Be honest, did you know it was this bad?

• Gross
  • WTF
Reactions: 6 users
What the fuck, are these bitches three weeks post-partum?!?? They all have thunder thighs and don't look remotely athletic. And could they not edit the cellulite in the last pic?

I'm glad you brought up SI swimsuit because this reminds me I've been wanting to roast a bitch: Oliva Ponton - I hope you're reading this. Getting asked to model for SI swimsuit was NOT a compliment babe. Your massive cellulite covered ass and lazy, flabby physique is on par with what they like. Put down the knife and fork before you get adopted into a family of hippos.
hippopotamus posing for a photo.jpg

thunder thighs rummbling down the runway.jpg

jelly donut eating slut.jpg

The mags were my dad's so of course I was giving him a hard time like "why would you keep these, these chicks are disgusting" just to make him mad.
Icon behavior to fuck with your dad like that.

• Agree
  • Gross
Reactions: 3 users