Margot Robbie

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
Recently Verified
Jan 20, 2012
New York
OK I debated starting this thread but due to the Barbie movie she is being talked about constantly so I just want to get it on the record that I consider it a complete insult to the Barbie of my childhood to cast her. I totally get why they did, they wanted a strong powerful woman for their “fEmiNiSt” 🙄 movie. But the Barbie I remember (before they got all politically correct with them) is MUCH taller and MUCH thinner than Margot Robbie, who is soft and stumpy and square. She is thick and vulgar. Just my opinion but let's take a look.

k4d5tfv.jpg

jYudzjU.jpg

WWvhS0L.jpg

lcnS2Pj.jpg

J2KWIP0.jpg

zL3Z2SU.jpg

AlgaVRy.jpg

She might have lost a little bit of weight for the movie, but not much:

GjDAjJc.jpg

uMTIjdq.jpg

xwz4UdV.jpg

q1kVkem.jpg

UEUaZL5.jpg

She looked fat as Harley Quinn (esp her legs) so none of this surprises me, but if I hear one more person say she was "skinny" in Barbie I will scream. Absolute jizzrag/ladmag material. Maybe some people's Barbies were chunky whores but mine weren't.

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users
But the Barbie I remember (before they got all politically correct with them) is MUCH taller and MUCH thinner than Margot Robbie, who is soft and stumpy and square. She is thick and vulgar. Just my opinion but let's take a look.
I second this! But I'd love to know who you think would make the perfect Barbie, acting prowess aside - based solely on body and looks. I think prime Frida Aasen would've been perfect as her hip-to-waist ratio is phenomenal.

frida-aasen-at-victoria-s-secret-2018-show-in-new-york-11-08-2018-4.jpg
frida-aasen-walks-runway-at-philipp-plein-ss23-fashion-show-in-milan-09-23-2022-5.jpg
tumblr_phybysMMlx1r3keewo1_1280.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 12 users
I second this! But I'd love to know who you think would make the perfect Barbie, acting prowess aside - based solely on body and looks. I think prime Frida Aasen would've been perfect as her hip-to-waist ratio is phenomenal.

View attachment 143191View attachment 143192View attachment 143193
I think Romee Strijd in her prime for the body, if not the face. I love Romee’s face and her smile, but it’s very juvenile/youthful.
Honestly, Margot’s face and OG Romee’s body would have been the perfect mix for Barbie imo.
IMG_9392.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Romee Strijd
For me Romee always seemed to have an overwhelmingly "approachable" vibe in how she presented and carried herself. Even in her prime when VS was dressing her up in supposedly expensive outfits and she was decked out in the trappings of glamour she would always make it seem very down to earth and "girl next door." Not inherently a bad thing as I think it was part of her marketing draw—and can’t help having a soft spot for her as old Romee—but per my extremely rigorous and objective method of vibe check, perhaps not the vibe for Barbie.

Frida always managed to exude a glamorous atmosphere and give off a more luxe-fantasy aura, even in tacky VS stuff. Also she does it in a commercial way which is obviously in line with the Mattel Experience. e.g. Maartje in her prime is sublime but obviously not for this. (No surprise which I prefer.)

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
I'm torn, I kind of agree with you about the whole face, but Barbie has a bigger forehead like Frida.
Also I really don’t mean this as shade towards Frida but she has the same somewhat flattened face as Barbie, whereas Stella’s is more three dimensional and projective. :lol:

• Agree
Ubza0PZ.jpg

4MGqdi0.jpg

XvNCKJp.jpg

Find someone who looks at you the way Margot Robbie looks at a two pound cheeseburger.

• Pig
  • Funny
I found this article which explains they had a PT on the set of Barbie. The workouts focused on more her fitness than her body aesthetic — which is fine — but you’d think with learning/practicing the dance choreography, plus strength training AND reformer pilates, that some weight loss would eventually happen. But then again, she does seem to think a hamburger tastes as good as skinny feels 🐷

I won’t lie, I did enjoy the movie but its a little disappointing because I honestly think Margot is a Waste of Face. She has the potential to be absolutely stunning but ruins it with, I assume, her diet.

I wonder if her new sky-rocket to fame might make her change her attitude about her body and her diet. She was obviously famous before but I think after the Barbie movie, shes now someone no one can stop talking about. (At least here in Australia, where she’s from).

This is the only photo of her I could find at her “skinniest”. Its either photoshopped, a flattering angle or a bit of both. I will admit though, its only her body that looks (barely) acceptable, her face in the photo looks terrible 🤣

IMG_8371.jpeg

Arms are still a bit fat though and she should shrink her waist. Maybe with all the $$$ she made producing Barbie, she can hire a chef and/or a nutritionist to help her get skinny. Or at least I would if I was her.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
When Mattel launched a new line of Barbie's with different body types, (because people clearly feel so inferior compared to a doll) Barbie's measurements were converted into a life-size form, which estimated her to be 5'6 and weighing 110 lbs with a very defined hourglass figure. An actress who fits that description would have been suitable for the role, which is definitely not Margot Robbie with her boxy waist and cellulite!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230825_193607_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230825_193607_Samsung Internet.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,054
Reactions: 1 user
Such a beautiful face and beautiful outfit.. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Did she put even more weigth..?

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 787
  • Gross
  • Sad
Such a beautiful face and beautiful outfit.. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Did she put even more weigth..?
I can’t believe she didn’t make the effort to slim down for the biggest night of the year in her industry. Thinking back to the Barbie press tour she definitely wasn’t this doughy and we know she’s capable of losing weight but she just….. doesn’t?
Ridiculous. She’s coasting on her face.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Totally agree that she is a waste of face. Here are some of my favorites to laugh at. These were posted by a “classy gentleman’s Instagram page” and it just further instills my motivation to appease no one and be skinny for just for myself.
IMG_0019.jpeg
IMG_0018.jpeg
IMG_0017.jpeg

• Pig
  • Agree
Totally agree that she is a waste of face. Here are some of my favorites to laugh at. These were posted by a “classy gentleman’s Instagram page” and it just further instills my motivation to appease no one and be skinny for just for myself. View attachment 150609View attachment 150610View attachment 150611

It's such a good point. "Classy gentleman" lol yeah right. It's actually the total opposite. When I was first getting into the industry, they still had a lot of those types of magazines, like actual print. I used to hear them called "jizzrags" and I still say it for those kinds of sites. Which reminds me sorry to be crude but do average guys even get turned on by that look? She is so wide and doughy, no sex appeal. I can understand at her earlier eras when she was giving more bombshell sexy and in better shape. Nothing we would like, but the average guy will drool over it especially (sorrynotsorry) lower class guys. But those surfing pics she looks so.. thick and plain.. ugh. I know it's ironic to talk about what guys like when your whole point was to be skinny for ourselves (and I agree) but guys who get turned on by that are gross anyway.

• Agree
  • Love