Kay Smetsers (Girlnah on Tumblr)

I know nothing about her but reading the things she post on tumblr and the way she turned down her modelling agency (Or something like that) it seems like she's not happy with herself and is probably going through anxiety or depression, I don't know, there are different types of depression and not everyone reacts the same. Anyway I agree with the fact that teens in general tend to glamourize things like depression on tumblr, it's sadly becoming a trend.
I don't think anyone ever doubted she had some sort of mental illness. I'm also very aware that depression presents in different forms, being that I work in the medical field. What is being pointed out and criticized here is her romanticization/glamourization of mental illness, which makes me really uncomfortable, both from a societal and personal standpoint. I don't doubt she is depressed - what I'm starting to question is the severity of her depression, given the way she presents herself. Like I said, either she is so severely depressed she absolutely lacks insight to her behavior, or she's playing it up/exaggerating for her audience. I really hope it's not the latter. If it's the former, I can't blame her since she didn't really chose to be this way, but she should get off the internet away from her followers and focus on healing, if that's what she really wants. If she doesn't *want* recovery... tbh I don't know what to say, as I've never had a depressed patient who was GLAD to be depressed.

You get what I'm saying?

Reactions: 2 users
I follow her but to be honest I never pay any attention to her quotes and food photos. I sometimes like/reblog her photos of fashion or models, but I admit fully to myself that I am only following her to be amazed at her body

Reactions: 1 users
Source: Instagram - girlnah
9IwjH4n.png

I know nothing about her but reading the things she post on tumblr and the way she turned down her modelling agency (Or something like that) it seems like she's not happy with herself and is probably going through anxiety or depression, I don't know, there are different types of depression and not everyone reacts the same. Anyway I agree with the fact that teens in general tend to glamourize things like depression on tumblr, it's sadly becoming a trend.

She never set it straight RE: agency. She just said it didn't work out. If I were an agency, I would definitely think twice before selecting a girl that is going through major depression. It could be potential trouble down the road.

She never set it straight RE: agency. She just said it didn't work out. If I were an agency, I would definitely think twice before selecting a girl that is going through major depression. It could be potential trouble down the road.

Honestly though....makes me think...even if it didnt work out at that one agency whatever the reason....why doesnt she try another? She has the stats for it. Talk about a lack of grit? Woman needs to hustle and find an agency, instead of wasting time on instagram on these self-aggrandizing ,maturbatory pictures.

Reactions: 1 user
Models (usually American) who get addicted to social media never do anything. It's about dollars not "likes." You also need a bit of mystery, in my opinion.

Reactions: 6 users
this actually really bothers me, its like making fun of people who really suffer from depression, depression is not a joke, people die from it and by talking from personal experience depression made me isolate myself for 3 years.
i find this really offensive

this actually really bothers me, its like making fun of people who really suffer from depression, depression is not a joke, people die from it and by talking from personal experience depression made me isolate myself for 3 years.
i find this really offensive

I am sorry you are offended. Its interesting that you would read so much into three letters and overreach from it to mean = making fun of a sick girl. 'wtf' as in 'what the f*ck' is not an expression of making fun of her or her depression (where did you get that?). Its my expression of surprise and confusion and downright 'what in the world is going on in this post?'. Please dont extrapolate a momentary expression to mean some blanket statement about depression. I dont take mental illness lightly. She is entitled to post pictures of herself in full knowledge of creating a stir on a public platform. And I am entitled to my opinion of said pictures. Theres really no reason for you to take my opinion of something else as personally insulting. I think the picture is outrageous (as it was intended to be), that doesnt mean that I've censured the girl in the picture to some common denominator, worthy of only disdain and contempt.

I am sorry you are offended. Its interesting that you would read so much into three letters and overreach from it to mean = making fun of a sick girl. 'wtf' as in 'what the f*ck' is not an expression of making fun of her or her depression (where did you get that?). Its my expression of surprise and confusion and downright 'what in the world is going on in this post?'. Please dont extrapolate a momentary expression to mean some blanket statement about depression. I dont take mental illness lightly. She is entitled to post pictures of herself in full knowledge of creating a stir on a public platform. And I am entitled to my opinion of said pictures. Theres really no reason for you to take my opinion of something else as personally insulting. I think the picture is outrageous (as it was intended to be), that doesnt mean that I've censured the girl in the picture to some common denominator, worthy of only disdain and contempt.

Nono, im sorry i thought i quoted the photo not your comment, my mistake.
what i said was not for you, i was also surprised and thought why on earth someone can post that while shows herself as a suffering person.

Interesting how she looks in those pictures vs her own...but I think that's just how they are trying to market her. She is lucky she looks so young

I'm actually quite surprised by her height. I thought she was taller than 176cm.
One more reason to lose more weight. Maybe I will look a bit taller too then :D