do you wear glasses or contacts?

I cant see long distance very well so I wear glasses when I drive. Got my prescription renewed yesterday and treated myself with a designer pair of sunnies with the prescription included.

Neither as I was blessed with great vision.
Someone I know just turned 25 and has to wear glasses now. At 25 their eyesight degenerated that badly. That terrifies me. Not because they wear glasses but that they have somehow damaged their sight so badly so young.

When I was younger I would wear fake glasses if I had said or done something stupid in a previous lecture and yes people would treat me differently. Glasses = intelligence.

Do they go on their computer a lot? I'm pretty sure that's how I ruined my long distance vision :( I had perfect 20/20 vision until I turned 19 and started working office jobs staring at a computer all day.

Do they go on their computer a lot? I'm pretty sure that's how I ruined my long distance vision :( I had perfect 20/20 vision until I turned 19 and started working office jobs staring at a computer all day.

Same! I started working an office job recently and I can feel my eyes going bad. Have you heard of "computer glasses"? My optometrist recommended it. It's suppose to help your eyes de-focus when staring at a screen. Personally, I think glasses look very chic but not on my face shape.

Same! I started working an office job recently and I can feel my eyes going bad. Have you heard of "computer glasses"? My optometrist recommended it. It's suppose to help your eyes de-focus when staring at a screen. Personally, I think glasses look very chic but not on my face shape.

No I hadn't but when I bought new glasses recently the girl selling them to me kept trying to get me to add on a special coating to the lens that sounds like computer glasses. So now I'm annoyed at myself for not adding it on lol.

and yeah i am the same - love glasses on other people but hate them on my own face shape. my face is heart shaped but my cheekbones are quite wide and i feel like glasses make them look even wider it's weird/annoying!

I wear glasses every day and have been since sixth grade (11 yrs old) it took me forever to learn how to feel comfortable enough to actually wear glasses to school. I felt like a total dork. But then I started failing math because I couldn't see anything. I tried contacts in high school but contact solution burn my eyes so bad.

I wear contacts. I think some girls can wear glasses beautifully; they look so sexy and sophisticated, but when I wear them I just feel like an awkward middle schooler.

I only have to wear glasses in class and at the theatre/cinema. But honestly, I love them so much. I actually never thought I'd be pleased to wear them but the frames are those 50ies ivy-league/beat generation and they make me feel very Allen Ginsberg-ish.

I wear both... I usually start out the day with contacts and then switch to glasses when my eyes get tired. My vision is -1.50.. not terrible but things are blurry without some correction.

I finally found a pair of glasses I absolutely love, though - Warby Parker Watts!

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, I'm such a nerd. I wear glasses but more as my "safety goggles" rather than actually having to rely on them to see. I just love having something between me and the world. Feels like a bit of protection somehow.. I was the kid who literally "tried" to fail my eye test!

I am near-sighted and have had glasses since some time in high school. I never really noticed that my vision got worse; it was pretty gradual, and I thought it was "normal" for me not to be able to see, for example, other people's faces in the hallway at school. It was a good excuse for ignoring people I didn't want to talk to. :sneaky:

Since then, I've really only worn my glasses when I need to (e.g., when driving). Although I feel like I personally look better without glasses, I love the way glasses can look on other people. I've had trouble deciding on what style glasses would look best for my annoyingly round baby face.

I've had laser surgery on my left eye but not to correct my vision--I somehow, unbeknownst to me, had torn my retina :wtf: and if I didn't get it fixed immediately, I could've gone blind. So please, please always get your eyes checked! My routine annual checkup saved my eye.

Now this thread is right up my alley, I've worked in the optical industry for several years and just finished opticianary school! :naughty: I've worn eyeglasses for 15 years. A teacher at school noticed I needed an eye exam when I had to walk all the way to the board to read what others could see from their desks. My eyes are moderately myopic (nearsighted) with some astigmatism. I envy those of you that can wear contacts, I've tried every kind avaliable and they all feel intolerable most days. Good thing glasses suite me. My sister wore contacts every day and just had lasic to correct her vision. I'd like to get the surgery done although being conscious while a machine slices my cornea open frightens me.

Ok, I'm such a nerd. I wear glasses but more as my "safety goggles" rather than actually having to rely on them to see. I just love having something between me and the world. Feels like a bit of protection somehow.. I was the kid who literally "tried" to fail my eye test!
Me and some eyeglass wearing friends were talking about this! I hate the feeling of contacts in my eyes but just not having frames and lenses between me and the word is enough to turn me off wearing contacts. When I wear contacts and people look at me it feels too intimate. Like they're looking straight into my soul.

I kind of get this! Glasses feel safe to me because I like the option of taking them off when I don't feel like seeing anything (my vision is awful). It sounds weird, but sometimes I just don't want to look at a gross thing or if I feel really ugh about myself I just take them off and forget about it. My nose bridge is really low though, so my eyelashes are always wiping on the lens and getting them dirty. I know it's bad for me but I wear enlarging circle lenses out.

No I hadn't but when I bought new glasses recently the girl selling them to me kept trying to get me to add on a special coating to the lens that sounds like computer glasses. So now I'm annoyed at myself for not adding it on lol.

and yeah i am the same - love glasses on other people but hate them on my own face shape. my face is heart shaped but my cheekbones are quite wide and i feel like glasses make them look even wider it's weird/annoying!

computer glasses are actually really important, especially if your eyesight is declining!

i have really bad eyesight (-6 or so) and i wear contact lenses every day, but corrected-to-normal eyesight can worsen when you're staring at a screen all day. they're not so bad, but can get a little bit expensive. if you have a regular optometrist you should talk to them about it! they really helped my poor eyes after staring in a microscope all day.

I just switched to daily contacts rather than the ones you wear for a few weeks before throwing out and they are SO much nicer and less irritating. I actually prefer how I look with glasses, but they're annoying to exercise in and they're always dirty, so contacts it is.

Have always worn glasses up until this year, when I transitioned to contacts =) I really enjoy the flexibility! It hurts tho when something gets in my eye =(

Neither anymore! I had laser eye surgery this week (wavefront intralase sbk specifically) and I can already see so well! I had high myopia (aka terrible vision) and I am so excited. I've been waiting so long for my prescription to stop changing. I had basically no discomfort afterwards, I am so happy I got the surgery.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Neither anymore! I had laser eye surgery this week (wavefront intralase sbk specifically) and I can already see so well! I had high myopia (aka terrible vision) and I am so excited. I've been waiting so long for my prescription to stop changing. I had basically no discomfort afterwards, I am so happy I got the surgery.

This is a happy thing @Ellie!