Zooey Deschanel

I love examples of women who look great slim and don't need to be skinny to be beautiful. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love being twiggy, and I far prefer it to being merely petite... but I don't understand why some on this site like to hate on girls who are pulling off the slim-not-skinny look. I say more power to Zooey for her look, I wish I could be healthy and still look stunning.
On that note, why has everyone been saying Ariana Grande is actually average/chubby - again, I get that she's not skinny, but some of the photos that gals have been picking apart as featuring "thunder thighs" and "huge arms" I just can't agree with. She's petite, and, unlike poor pretty Zooey, all her limbs look slim and small (not model small!) - I'd say she's on her way to skinny, maybe another 10 - 15lbs. She looked about the same size as the VS models, just shorter. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't like when we put down people who are actually pretty mini, it makes me feel like we can only appreciate full on skeletor girls. Isn't there something to be said for a cute, thin girl who is looking good and can take or leave the last ten lbs? Any thoughts? Sorry about this unexpected rant.

Reactions: 2 users
I understand what you're saying, but this isn't Average Gossip.
I'm not saying we should celebrate average. I just feel there's room to appreciate cute-slim-not-quite-skinny. But I was really just sharing my thoughts, I'm by no means beating my chest or anything.

I don't understand the Facebook comment. Again, seriously not that invested in my point, just thinking out loud - sorry if I annoyed ya!
SG is all about letting your inner bitch out. We don't have room (or tolerance, for that matter) for anything less than perfect.

Reactions: 2 users
I love examples of women who look great slim and don't need to be skinny to be beautiful. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love being twiggy, and I far prefer it to being merely petite... but I don't understand why some on this site like to hate on girls who are pulling off the slim-not-skinny look. I say more power to Zooey for her look, I wish I could be healthy and still look stunning.
On that note, why has everyone been saying Ariana Grande is actually average/chubby - again, I get that she's not skinny, but some of the photos that gals have been picking apart as featuring "thunder thighs" and "huge arms" I just can't agree with. She's petite, and, unlike poor pretty Zooey, all her limbs look slim and small (not model small!) - I'd say she's on her way to skinny, maybe another 10 - 15lbs. She looked about the same size as the VS models, just shorter. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't like when we put down people who are actually pretty mini, it makes me feel like we can only appreciate full on skeletor girls. Isn't there something to be said for a cute, thin girl who is looking good and can take or leave the last ten lbs? Any thoughts? Sorry about this unexpected rant.

Slim is such a loose term I feel like it just applies to someone with a flat stomach and no cellulite but honestly some people manage that at 140lbs. Everyone on this site has a different idea of the perfect body. If you don't like reading takedowns, don't. If you don't like Skeletor, go join MyFitnessPal forums or something.
1839988-skeletor.jpg

honestly my ideal body am I right ladies

Reactions: 1 user
Literally every other site praises "slim" celebrities. If you're so inclined, Skinny vs Curvy and a variety of tumblrs cater to this celebrity look.

On that note, why has everyone been saying Ariana Grande is actually average/chubby - again, I get that she's not skinny, but some of the photos that gals have been picking apart as featuring "thunder thighs" and "huge arms" I just can't agree with. She's petite, and, unlike poor pretty Zooey, all her limbs look slim and small (not model small!) - I'd say she's on her way to skinny, maybe another 10 - 15lbs. She looked about the same size as the VS models, just shorter.
Ariana Grande IS average. Being the same size as someone who is 10" taller than you does NOT make you skinny. Being petite/short does not garner you automatic skinny status. Besides, most VS models aren't skinny these days - not the standard I'd use for comparison.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't like when we put down people who are actually pretty mini, it makes me feel like we can only appreciate full on skeletor girls.
I really think you're doing something wrong if you look skeletor/a walking skeleton... either your weight doesn't suit your frame, you haven't paid any attention to health/nutrition, or your aesthetics have shifted. Could you give an example of a "skeletor" model? So far, I haven't seen anyone who is unattractively skinny.

Isn't there something to be said for a cute, thin girl who is looking good and can take or leave the last ten lbs? Any thoughts? Sorry about this unexpected rant.
Sure, there's nothing wrong with being cute and slim (in real life) but something so easy to achieve with so little dedication is just not aspirational. Part of what's so great about setting high standards for yourself is that even if you don't achieve them, you'll be closer than other people who set mediocre goals. Plus most of us could "take or leave" the last 10, it's just that I look better without it, so I'd prefer to go without the extra weight. If you personally settle at a higher weight for whatever reason (feel healthier, more relaxed, whatever), then that's your own prerogative and you've clearly deliberated on the pros and cons. That's fine -- it's just not a very representative standard for the rest of us.

Out of curiosity, why the sudden paradigm shift? I remember you used to do crazy long fasts, which were (still are) too intense for me.

Reactions: 4 users