Zhou Dongyu

letter_q

Worker Bee
JUST remembered her today and have to share with the community this petite and adorably elegant Chinese actress!

I watched two of her movies a few months ago and was enchanted by her small-bird face and delicate frame. She seems effortlessly and naturally tiny, plus her skin is flawless. I am :luv: all over again.

The two movies are on Netflix (in the states at least), under the English titles "Us and Them" and "This is Not What I Expected." In the second one, Ming Xi plays her best friend LOL.

zdy1.jpegzdy2.pngzdy3.pngzdy4.jpegzdy5.jpeg
zdy7.jpegzdy8.jpegzdy9.jpegzdy11.jpegzdy6.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

squiggle

Rising Star
I think she has a small bone structure. Her collarbones and xylo don't protrude excessively like other girls with her legs and waist. Many people from Asia have naturally small bones; especially most parts of China, southern Asia and south-east Asia. She suits her body type really well: looking at her is almost calming.

mado

Runt
She looks nice.. Personally, I go for a more angular/ stretched/ ethereal look that comes from having a larger frame with very little on it, but I can also appreciate how effortlessly petite and sweet she looks with her smaller frame. I like her best in the photo with the yellow dress. The side slit and white trim slim her down and lengthen her legs. I love her eyes, nose, and mouth- they're well-proportioned and suit her look, and in a way, her larger forehead contributes to the whole "innocent" aesthetic. Personally, I wish she'd show a little more skin.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

salander

Rising Star
Love the third pic of her, the lighting and shape of that dress are very flattering to her structure, and she does just look...serene...like @squiggle said she’s kind of calming to look at.

Reactions: 1 user

bougainvilleas

Super Star
@letter_q I hadn't heard of her before but you got me intrigued and I fell in love with her style after looking her up. Agree with everyone here that she embodies a sort of 'serene skinny' aesthetic, not bony and model-like but ethereal nonetheless -- almost like a Murakami character come to life (although she is Chinese not Japanese).