Your latest wardrobe additions

I got some new CK black jeans today but I need to go back and exchange them for smaller size:woot:but they are super comfortable and other than the size they are perfect.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey girls, my grandma forced one of her furs down to me today but it's absolutely swamping me in terms of length/width and also I feel like the collar's a bit much? I wanted to take it down to the tailors but I wasn't really sure what the best way to go about it was. I was thinking of getting the length shortened until maybe the last button since it comes to nearly mid calf length on me right now (haha I'm a complete shorty) and the sleeve part taken in a bit but also feel like making it too short would compromise the coat? Also I'm not that sure if it'd be worth it and if it'd turn out wearable in the end since getting it tailored would cost quite a bit too.
:flower:

iwofp_photo.jpeg

Included a photo of it next to a normal sized jacket for me so the hugeness is more apparent :lol:

(Also please don't tell me about ethical issues of fur since I'm aware of them, I don't eat meat, this was passed down to me, and I am trying a lot in other ways to cut down any consumption that links to animal mistreatment)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey girls, my grandma forced one of her furs down to me today but it's absolutely swamping me in terms of length/width and also I feel like the collar's a bit much? I wanted to take it down to the tailors but I wasn't really sure what the best way to go about it was. I was thinking of getting the length shortened until maybe the last button since it comes to nearly mid calf length on me right now (haha I'm a complete shorty) and the sleeve part taken in a bit but also feel like making it too short would compromise the coat? Also I'm not that sure if it'd be worth it and if it'd turn out wearable in the end since getting it tailored would cost quite a bit too.
:flower:

View attachment 9386 View attachment 9387
Included a photo of it next to a normal sized jacket for me so the hugeness is more apparent :lol:

(Also please don't tell me about ethical issues of fur since I'm aware of them, I don't eat meat, this was passed down to me, and I am trying a lot in other ways to cut down any consumption that links to animal mistreatment)
Well, in my country the winters are very cold and in the region where I live, very windy. So I love my coats (including fur, sorry if you hate me for being unethical) to be long (eg. mid-thigh or even knee-long). So you could shorten it to you knee, or slightly above. I think you need to get it adjusted on the waist too.
Other areas you should pay attention too:
- the shoulders (if the seem lines fall below your shoulder, than the coat is too wide for you)
- the back (if looks bad from behind, then it's too large)
- the chest area
- the sleeves (ideal lenght: with you arms hanging down normally, the sleeves should cover the rists. If they cover half of yor hands, than it needsto get adjusted).

Maybe you could post a picture with you wearing it, in order for me to get the idea.
A good tailor will tell you if the coat needs too much adjustment to be worth it.

Reactions: 1 users

mix of old and new, my fall/winter essentials:luv:

and an ugly coat i found at a cheap second hand store that ive fallen in love with

A good tailor will tell you if the coat needs too much adjustment to be worth it.

Great coat analysis.

A really good tailor can restore the coat and tailor it to your body, to show off your good assets.

Personally, under no circumstance do i think you should sell it or donate it. I lost my grandmother long ago and pulling out her minks every winter just feels right. It is one of those "the best things in life are free" thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Personally, under no circumstance do i think you should sell it or donate it. I lost my grandmother long ago and pulling out her minks every winter just feels right. It is one of those "the best things in life are free" thing.
Beautifully said! I have a very special piece of old jewerly from my (thankfully still alive) grandmother (a silver & ruby medallion with a scene from the Roman period) which I cherish and will cherish forever!
Now I think I'm going to cry.

I've lately added some basics.
Some tall burgundy riding boots
A wool coat
Some fun costume style/non precious metal jewelry so I can accessorize a bit more but not be afraid of losing/damaging mainly from here

Also, I recommend keeping nice hand me downs for 3 reasons:
1. Momento as mentioned
2. Quality. Things are amazingly better made from before everything was globalized and made super cheap rather than w/ craftsmanship
3. What is old becomes new eventually and retro/creative fun, even playing with a contrast of sizes, ie combo of tight bottoms, fun larger coat. I think w/ some open mindedness and creativity old items can be dressed up or down to become more of one's own style. Otherwise re-gift to someone who will care for it, particularly if there is some sentimental value.

What are people buying this season? I've done absolutely no shopping these past seasons and need some inspiration/ideas.

Early, but dreaming of summer:
2015-09-11_SS_29A.jpg

Definitely not too early to start thinking about adding some new summer pieces! That is gorgeous btw. I like the simplicity of the silhouette with contrasting colours.

I need to start thinking of adding a few lighter items to my wardrobe. The weather here has been so mild lately I feel like I am still hibernating under layers of winter stuff. I am also 7 months pregnant at the moment and so nothing fits the way it should except for maternity clothes which all seem to be hideous.

I picked this up last week. It looks heavier than it feels on. Just something to throw on for running errands or walking the dog.

s16_04_a03_55387_3048_on_a.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Recently got a white cropped Calvin Klein t-shirt, a pair of good, slightly low waisted black jeans (finally!), a camel colored suede-feel t shirt and some subtle gold jewelry. I really need some good spring and summer pieces now though!

My latest favorite is a pair of gorgeous YSL nude pumps.. To die! Anyone who hasn't tested the rumor that nude elongates legs is seriously missing out.. It's true!

I got a dress for junior prom. Not sure if this applies to this thread though :x

Just bought a white v neck shirt, which will hopefully go well with a lot for spring/summer and be great motivation to maintain a good upper body

My latest favorite is a pair of gorgeous YSL nude pumps.. To die! Anyone who hasn't tested the rumor that nude elongates legs is seriously missing out.. It's true!

100% true. My husband knows that when I pull out my nude pumps, I mean business. I'm short (5'6") and my legs are my problem area, but wearing nude heels can make even me look long and lean. Granted, I'm a poor student, so I slum it in Jessica Simpsons... :lol:

I'm a poor student as well! Check out your consignment stores. I got these babies for 15 dollars (!!) refurbished them and they look almost new
100% true. My husband knows that when I pull out my nude pumps, I mean business. I'm short (5'6") and my legs are my problem area, but wearing nude heels can make even me look long and lean. Granted, I'm a poor student, so I slum it in Jessica Simpsons... :lol:

Exciting! Congratulations.
Have you decided on the rest of your outfit? Hair, makeup, shoes, bag etc?
Thanks! I'm not sure about the specifics (even though prom is this Saturday), but I just made an appointment at a beauty salon since I'm pretty inexperienced with makeup. I did buy my shoes though—they're just brown heeled sandals. I think I'll get my bag today. As my dress is white, I'm not sure what color would go with that. But I suppose any color could potentially match.

Thanks! I'm not sure about the specifics (even though prom is this Saturday), but I just made an appointment at a beauty salon since I'm pretty inexperienced with makeup. I did buy my shoes though—they're just brown heeled sandals. I think I'll get my bag today. As my dress is white, I'm not sure what color would go with that. But I suppose any color could potentially match.
Have fun! :)))