Workout Clothes (what brands are best?)

SatelliteEyes

Worker Bee
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
So in Canada, pretty much everybody wears LuluLemon. That's it. I like their stuff, but I feel like it's super expensive for the quality, and I could care less about the label itself.

Where do you girls shop for workout clothes? What's good, what's bad?

Important: I'm at least a 34 inseam, so I can't buy the super-cheap stuff from Target or whatever, unfortunately :(

So in Canada, pretty much everybody wears LuluLemon. That's it. I like their stuff, but I feel like it's super expensive for the quality, and I could care less about the label itself.

Important: I'm at least a 34 inseam, so I can't buy the super-cheap stuff from Target or whatever, unfortunately :(

Options:

Title Nine--they have a limited selection of extended length pants and one piece swimsuits, lots of capris and shorts too
Athleta--also have some talls
REI--variety of brands favoring outdoor gear
Dicks Sporting Goods--carries brands like Nike and under armour

are you sure on target? my mom has 34 inseams and she can wear their "tall" pants. they might just be in america, which would be sad :(
victoria's secret has some tall options too. good luck miss long legs! :)

VSX Sexy Sport by Victoria's Secret is my favorite. Lululemon is great too, though. VSX is a little less expensive.

I know it sounds generic but I LOVE Nike workout clothes. Their running shorts are my favorite and I own like, 5 pairs. I also love their sport bra tops. They are a little on the $$$ side but I always like to find a Nike outlet at an outlet mall (don't know if they have those in Canada?).
Anyways, good luck! I love shopping for workout stuff :)

I'm a total Nike junkie. I loveee their tempo running shorts. I could (and sometimes do) wear them all day long to just kick it and not even for working out. If you're looking for tops, their pacer tanks are great - super lightweight and breathable. I also really love the sports bras from Target - they're so cheap!

Under Armour might have pants that fit your inseam better. I've always been able to find a wide variety of lengths and I love their running spandex. They're fantastic, especially the cold gear ones for winter.

I'm a total Nike junkie. I loveee their tempo running shorts. I could (and sometimes do) wear them all day long to just kick it and not even for working out. If you're looking for tops, their pacer tanks are great - super lightweight and breathable. I also really love the sports bras from Target - they're so cheap!

Under Armour might have pants that fit your inseam better. I've always been able to find a wide variety of lengths and I love their running spandex. They're fantastic, especially the cold gear ones for winter.

The UA pants run a tad short. Their standard inseam is around 26" for smaller sizes unfortunately. I love their heat gear but they go all Michael Jackson on me :(

The target bras are great! I am considering using them as swimsuit tops since I can't find a single sporty swim top that fits right. At their price point I can afford for the pool to fade them every few months.

I am a total lululemon addict. Their clothes are super expensive, but they fit so well on me and I think they are sexy.

I have bought tall yoga pants at Target before. Also, you can get capris and then it really won't matter where the hem falls. I work out in capris almost exclusively, except for running.

I'm not sure how helpful this may be to you, but if you have trouble finding leggings that are long enough, try getting a pair made for figure skaters - they make them super long so they cover the heel of our skates, and some companies will even do a made-to-measure pair for you for a small additional fee. I'm a shortie myself, so I don't have a problem with it, but I have a couple really tall girls I teach, and they wear skating leggings as part of their general wardrobe, too. The ankles are cut a little looser to accommodate the skates, but that's easy to alter if you want (or just wear them in boots, haha). They don't look strange at all as workout clothes, and are a bit less expensive than Lululemon.

As for my own workout clothes, I wear whatever supportive top is clean and a pair of black leggings for working out (almost always skating pants, but not the fleece kind!). I have quite a collection of leotards, leggings, skirts and dresses from my years of skating and dance, so those get rotated in as well.

I am in love with Brooks shoes :luv:

For clothes, I buy whatever is cheap (Life as a broke college student...)

I know it sounds generic but I LOVE Nike workout clothes. Their running shorts are my favorite and I own like, 5 pairs. I also love their sport bra tops. They are a little on the $$$ side but I always like to find a Nike outlet at an outlet mall (don't know if they have those in Canada?).
Anyways, good luck! I love shopping for workout stuff :)

Me too :luv:

When I joined my gym I pretty much wore some some old t-shirts and sweatpants but then I noticed everyone around me with these super cute outfits. I felt so shabby :lol: and then I got the good stuff. As a German I should probably stick to Adidas, but I just loooove Nike. My whole workout wardrobe consists of it. And it was all on sale.
My favourite are my new shoes:

Attachments

• Nike-Free-Run-laufschuhe-pink_b_15_1.jpg
    Nike-Free-Run-laufschuhe-pink_b_15_1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 48