Winter Dressing: How To Avoid Freezing To Death

H&M sells fleece-lined tights I live in those (and a merino wool pair I have too) and just merino wool everything and big scarves, the biggest, warmest parka I could steal from my mum's old coat closet, leather gloves, and walking through underground paths instead of outside as much as I possibly can. Thank goodness most of my wardrobe is flannel and wool, even though I wear skirts a lot of the time it's fine.

Winter has always been a problem for me but eversince I got skinnier I invested in wool-rich clothes... my sweaters are at least 50% wool and my coat is 80% wool... Really helped me and if it doesn't i usually wear ski undergarments! I can't wear too many layers because here it's not cold enough so I try to avoid it..

I have a 100% black wool Burberry coat I got on eBay in 2010 and it is still my number one winter coat - it's incredibly warm, has a hood, looks cute and all.

Also I would suggest wearing possum fur hats and gloves. Readily available in Australia (if you have no objections to fur). My boyfriend has a possum fur on his king size bed, massive, so luxurious :)

This thread has been so helpful to me and it's only Autumn/Fall where I am. It makes me laugh when my boyfriend is wearing a tshirt and jeans and I have 6 layers on my top-half.

I am so freaking cold right now. It's May for god's sake and I'm wearing a top, a sweater, a huge cashmere sweater, a blanket, and a scarf and I'm still cold.
This isn't really relevant, it's just the most sensible place I thought I could rant about this.

I am so freaking cold right now. It's May for god's sake and I'm wearing a top, a sweater, a huge cashmere sweater, a blanket, and a scarf and I'm still cold.
This isn't really relevant, it's just the most sensible place I thought I could rant about this.

Are you somewhere with A/C? ):

Try Iron supplements. I used to get that way when I was malnourished S:
(I used to think that toast with mustard was an adequate weight loss lunch)

Are you somewhere with A/C? ):

Try Iron supplements. I used to get that way when I was malnourished S:
(I used to think that toast with mustard was an adequate weight loss lunch)

I'm on iron supplements! I'm actually eating far more than normal because I'm in exam revision mode, so I think it's just my rubbish circulation. But thank you so much for your advice :kiss:

Has anyone else developed Chilblains?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilblains

Source: Wikipedia
AMsN352.jpg

The podiatrist diagnosed me yesterday on some of my toes.
It is apparently common especially if you have poor circulation in your extremities.

Has anyone else developed Chilblains?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilblains

Source: Wikipedia
AMsN352.jpg

The podiatrist diagnosed me yesterday on some of my toes.
It is apparently common especially if you have poor circulation in your extremities.
I used to always get these in winter, from having cold feet and getting into a hot shower. I now wear socks allll the time, just to make sure my feet are always warm. Otherwise, you have to start the shower at a cooler temp, then get used to it. So funny that you posted this today, it is so cold here and my hands and feet are freezing, but I can't have a bath until they warm up (skinny girls with poor circulation problems) :nopity:

This is going to be useful information for me, starting fall. I'm cold pretty much all year round except for the hot summer days (mostly on my vacation because the summer weather isn't too great where I live). I'm usually wearing my "winter" coat until May. Unfortunaly my skin can't handle wool, but i might try having something cotton underneath and layer it. Also going to get my hands on a kashmere scarf. Love this thread!

How to dress warm in the summer? I don't want to look weird/crazy but I'm cold outside and I'm freezing inside...

How to dress warm in the summer? I don't want to look weird/crazy but I'm cold outside and I'm freezing inside...

This is me too. I've been really enjoying super skinny ankle jeans and bomber style loose knit scoop sweaters with neutral/gold sandals. Looks nice and cool even when it's hot out but I'm still cold

This is me too. I've been really enjoying super skinny ankle jeans and bomber style loose knit scoop sweaters with neutral/gold sandals. Looks nice and cool even when it's hot out but I'm still cold

Ooooh that sounds really pretty :) I need to find where my black bomber-style sweater went...

Summery colors
- Jeans: light wash, pastel shades, white (or those printed flowery jeans but I'm not a fan)
- Cardigans: bright or pastel colors, white - any really except dark
- Tops: any
- Trousers: bright or pastel shades or printed

I think when you wear summery colours and still wear jeans and sweaters, I think you an get away with most things.

Outfits
Dresses with cardigans
Skirts with sweaters/ cardigans
Shorts with sweaters/cardigans
3/4 trousers with sweater/cardigan with sandals or ballet flats
If

If you can go without sweaters: but with thinner scarves
Long sleeved shirts/blouses
Long sleeved tops

Silk scarves and/or pashminas

I personally prefer wearing dresses with cardigans just because I'm ok with my legs but my upper body is always shivering. I hide my arm warmers underneath my sweater. I also wear my pashmina and when inside I use it on top of legs at my desk.

P.s. I think I learned these tips from someone last year on a another thread.

Reactions: 1 user
I find it so ironic how skinnies who look better in clothes are forced to wear 'more' clothes while fatties' heat 'forces' them to wear less clothes and often look.....

Surely it should be the other way around?

Summery colors

I've been using this advice :) Today I wore cropped skinny jeans with some flats, a white dress shirt and a rose pink knit sweater! Thanks again to both of you!

Also, why do people use jeans day/casual friday to show up in beachwear :wtf:

Ugh, I have already given up. I'm always cold. I'm constantly drinking hot liquids. I wear tons of layers. And I'm allergic to wool, so there goes my chance of warming up through a single item of clothing.

Ugh, I have already given up. I'm always cold. I'm constantly drinking hot liquids. I wear tons of layers. And I'm allergic to wool, so there goes my chance of warming up through a single item of clothing.

Same! Also sensitive/allergic to wool, also wear layers and drink tea all day and have thick coats and jackets basically all year round but I'm still cold. I think there are only two options: 1) give up, deal with having to wear a thousand layers when everyone else are showing bare skin or 2) move to a place where the climate is warm all year round.