Who is an aspiring model here?

asuka

Rookie
May 6, 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
I'm just curious to know if some of you girls want to start a modelling career and if being skinny made you realise/think that you had some potential.
Did some of you tried?

There are a few models here, and I understand some of the members here have been quite successful (although obviously they can't give too much away so they can stay semi-anonymous).
I would try modelling if I was 4 inches taller. :hmm:

When I was 15/16 I was a model (I'm 18 now) and it was a good experience. However school has always been my priority and its very difficult to do fashion week without taking about a month off school each time.

Me and my agent agreed that, because I was only doing it part-time (probably not even that) it would not be worth me continuing. We parted ways on good terms, and I really respected that.

However I shall be going to university in london in october (if I get the grades) and I may consider contacting my agency again. School is full-time whereas university isn't, and it'll be easier to get to paris/milan/berlin from there too. So I guess you could say I am aspiring model atm.

I do aspire to be a model. I am 16 so I feel like I need to start asap before time runs out. Unfortunately, school is a top priority and I have to finish it before I can go into any type of full time buisness.

There are a few models here, and I understand some of the members here have been quite successful (although obviously they can't give too much away so they can stay semi-anonymous).

Yes It is so cool to be able to interact with establish models here :) But I was more interest to know about the girls who actually want to start or start AGAIN modelling.

Yes It is so cool to be able to interact with establish models here :) But I was more interest to know about the girls who actually want to start or start AGAIN modelling.

Sometimes I wish I knew who they were because I might be talking to one of my favourite models and not even know it.

Also I'd feel really bad if I had said something bad about their appearance in one of their threads, which is why I try to be constructive at all times (apart from about Kate Upton).

Are you an aspiring model?

I really want to try to get into the industry, but I know my options will be limited because I'm not quite in the tall status category (I'm 5'7"). I would love to be able to get some prints done and whatever else they would let me do. :)

I am short (5'3.5") so I'm definitely not aspiring to be a real model. But when I was younger (early to mid teens) I was very involved with acting, was involved in a professional theatre company, and had an agent for awhile. When I get skinny I want to find an agent for commercial & film acting and do some print modeling. I know that even for print modeling they prefer tall models so it's not my main interest, however I will still have a photoshoot to make a little comp card for me just to show I am versatile. I also think having some commercial shots will help me get an agent and get commercial acting jobs.

Yeah most of the VIPs are working models, although I wish they would PARTICIPATE MORE.

Yeah, @RedAir, @Runweigh, @StarvingSlut, @Julia, @Zerocal - I'm talkin' to J000!

WHEN I SEE YOU I WILL SMACK YOU. Bizzy, schmizzy! - I'm busy too, but even I make time for Skinny Gossip! :flower:

Luckily the aspiring models have @ExtraShot and @Agytha to talk to (also working models who are very active on the forums) - and also @sabine, @FashionThin, and @Skinny Gurl are industry pros.

Last edited:
Yeah most of the VIPs are working models, although I wish they would PARTICIPATE MORE.

Yeah, @RedAir, @Runweigh, @StarvingSlut, @Julia, @Zerocal - I'm talkin' to J000!

WHEN I SEE YOU I WILL SMACK YOU. Bizzy, schmizzy! - I'm busy too, but even I make time for Skinny Gossip! :flower:

Luckily the aspiring models have @ExtraShot and @Agytha to talk to (also working models who are very active on the forums) - and also @sabine, @FashionThin, and @Skinny Gurl are industry pros.
Seconded - it would be nice to see more models around, the Treehouse is far too quiet :nopity:

I wish I could model, but sadly I lack a) the body and b) the face. Then again, looking at Goofy - I mean, Lindsay Wixson - maybe I should be glad about that ... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was younger (about 14/15) I send some modeling applications online to quite a few agencies and heard back from all of them (this was back when I was pudgier, only sent face shots). One is Sutherland models (if you know Canadian agencies).
I only did this out of curiosity at the time because i always wanted to belong to this industry but i was and still am focused on school and knew that my parents probably wouldn't approve of me Getting involved with any 'distractions'
I hope that I will soon enough be able to walk into an agency and not feel insecure about my body and fulfill my 'model potential' :p
(I should grow at least an inch though, I still have a slight chance. Crossing my fingers :))

Actually, once I get the body, I decided to give it a ultimate shot.
Like a real shot ( less local *shit* job)! I will go and send pics and to agencies in better markets.
Even tough I'm an Old Granny in the modelling world in term of age, I actually look 5 years less (even less on my natural, no make up days lol) and I definitly know that I have the potential.
I already put the school first despite the fact that it has been on my mind for years and I am at a stage where a have some time to go and try, so this is also one of my motivation ;)

I actually have my first casting on tuesday! Pretty exciting, and this forum did help me so much reach my weight goals!

Wow Great, wish you good luck :highfive:

And yeah without SG I would still be drowning in my fat, and certainly not contempling go back to modelling.
That's the magic of this forum lol :p

i am! i have a second test shoot in a couple days but i believe they're only face shots. i think it would be great and so helpful if some of the working models could give some advice about entering the fashion/modelling world! (if they wish, of course)

When i was 18 i was very unwell and looked unhealthy skinny and an agency in australia asked me if i could come in but i said no because i wanted to be healthy skinny. Then when i got better I applied online out of curiosity but they said i wasn't what they were looking for. Now i am 22 even though people think i look 14 :wtf: i am too old for modelling now.