Which celebrities do you most admire?

I have chronic pain - although I guess I am loathe to call it that as I know I have it so much easier than most who use such a term - through the progressive effects of joint hypermobility syndrome, and it can really get me down at times. I am not very good at not letting things overwhelm me when I have worse pain than usual and so reading about these people is quite the inspiration indeed.

Thank you :)
Do you take painkillers or medication (if you don't mind me asking)? Perhaps this should be in a PM.
There is that thread on medication which I posted in but I can't access it now :(

Wow I never knew about any of these - really inspirational. I'm so glad you shared this (and I am glad they help keep you positive - chronic pain is a terrible stigmatised infliction, it can be dark without any foreseeable light. These sorts of stories give hope)

Thank you for your lovely reply.

Sorry for the triple post!

Firstly, I am sorry you have chronic pain MM. Secondly, this is such an inspiring and eye opening post.
I knew about JFK but not about the other two. I am particularly moved by what you posted about George Clooney. He is so charismatic and upbeat all the time (I saw him at last year's Venice Film Festival and he literally had everyone around him eating out of his hand, it was mesmerising to see it, albeit from a distance) and so the idea of him having chronic pain is mind boggling. I have chronic pain - although I guess I am loathe to call it that as I know I have it so much easier than most who use such a term - through the progressive effects of joint hypermobility syndrome, and it can really get me down at times. I am not very good at not letting things overwhelm me when I have worse pain than usual and so reading about these people is quite the inspiration indeed.

I have also learned George has malaria!
Wow. Chronic pain and malaria and he is still as charismatic as you explain. That is exceptional.

"I got malaria two years ago, and it really knocked me out. I've had a couple of recurrences. I didn't understand that it keeps coming back."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-pitt-stacy-keibler-descendants-290691?page=3

PS -
I forgot to add, hopefully this idea works for others too
When I am feeling down I watch Brittany Murphy movies.