Which celebrities do you most admire?

Jerry Seinfeld.. he's probably the only celebrity I'd like to meet and actually talk to.

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee has really intensified my love for JS.

What a great dude.

Nicole Richie.
Watching her transformation from a chubby, rebellious young adult to a beautiful, thin, successful mother is so inspiring to me. I love how she's not afraid to let her personality shine, and through thick and thin (hah), who she really is has remained the same.

Nicole Richie.
Watching her transformation from a chubby, rebellious young adult to a beautiful, thin, successful mother is so inspiring to me. I love how she's not afraid to let her personality shine, and through thick and thin (hah), who she really is has remained the same.
I love her too! I really want to start watching her new tv show

Angelina Jolie.

Her dedication to helping other countries and being an ambassador for the U.N. is really admirable. Her and Brad Pitt both use their money and power to actually DO something, and I LOVE that. I also really respect the way they raise their kids, to be whoever they want to be. A lot of people give Angie shit for letting Shiloh dress like a tomboy, but I honestly love the fact they let their children explore different genders, cultures, etc. They are just respectable people and I am just happy to see such powerful celebs use their fame & fortune to make a difference.

I agree with Angelina Jolie. I think one of the reasons why I really like her is because she's made such a transformation from her rebellious teen years to now a UN ambassador, mother, and fantastic actress. I think she sets a great example for women on balancing family life with work and being charitable while looking flawless.

Hugh Laurie.

The guy acts, sings, plays the piano and the guitar and he's awfully good at everything. Plus, he's extremely witty, his humour rocks. He's hot too. :oops:

Reactions: 1 user
He's amazing! I still find it incredible the way he can jump flawlessly from British to American. And he's so witty
I know right! If I hadn't known him I'd assume from his role in House MD that he was american. One more reason to admire him, he makes everything look easy!

uhm, that's what most parents do. :wtf:;)

no.. not in the US! I was mostly targeting the fact that her little girl Shiloh basically looks and dresses like a boy, in which most parents would have nothing to do with that or would have stopped it at younger age.

no.. not in the US! I was mostly targeting the fact that her little girl Shiloh basically looks and dresses like a boy, in which most parents would have nothing to do with that or would have stopped it at younger age.

Definitely something that is seen in the US. I was in FAO Schwarz (toy store) the other day and I over heard a mother screaming at her little boy cause "Barbies are ONLY for girls!" . It was sad especially since I loved playing with trains when I was a little girl and that is considered a boy toy.

Marina Diamandis

tumblr_mcdj598cfA1racya7o1_500.png
Oh my god, I LOVE MARINA!!! I'm glad this thread isn't for thinspo because it's definitely not where she excels at...but personality, fashion, attitude, oh my god I love it I love it I love her

Oh my god, I LOVE MARINA!!! I'm glad this thread isn't for thinspo because it's definitely not where she excels at...but personality, fashion, attitude, oh my god I love it I love it I love her

I agree, I love that she's not afraid to call people out on their shit and speak her mind while still being a great artist. I also think its great that she clearly works hard at what she does, which really inspires me to stay motivated with my own goals.
I consider her sort of a fitspo, she's not anything like SG skinny and clearly doesn't aspire to be, but you can tell from her instagram pics (http://instagram.com/marinagrams) that she works hard

I agree, I love that she's not afraid to call people out on their shit and speak her mind while still being a great artist. I also think its great that she clearly works hard at what she does, which really inspires me to stay motivated with my own goals.
I consider her sort of a fitspo, she's not anything like SG skinny and clearly doesn't aspire to be, but you can tell from her instagram pics (http://instagram.com/marinagrams) that she works hard

Oh wow! I hadn't seen her too much excluding her music videos. She's really fit! Props to her xx

I have chronic pain so my list in this post is about those with pain. Sorry to be such a downer to this website but these are really special for me and keep me positive. I had a quite depressive period last year with my pain so these people keep me from relapsing to that again.

I also hope? that those perhaps with/about to be diagnosed with pain or any other chronic health issue may find these stories supportive too :)

1. Brittany Murphy.
Having a recurrent nerve pain in her jaw since a car accident when she was 15 just after Clueless was released. She inspires me to not let pain ruin my goals.

2. George Clooney.
Suffering from crippling spinal cord damage he has revealed he considers suicide every so often and wakes up at least 8 times every night in agony.

3. JFK
Recently revealed health records reveal just how atrocious his health was far beyond that the public knew.
Most specific to this post - requiring multiple cortisone injections in his back before meetings and people remember him screaming in pain while receiving them. Yet, he still operated America through the Vietnam War.

Last edited:
I have chronic pain so my list in this post is about those with pain. Sorry to be such a downer to this website but these are really special for me and keep me positive. I had a quite depressive period last year with my pain so these people keep me from relapsing to that again.

I also hope? that those perhaps with/about to be diagnosed with pain or any other chronic health issue may find these stories supportive too :)

1. Brittany Murphy.
Having a recurrent nerve pain in her jaw since a car accident when she was 15 just after Clueless was released. She inspires me to not let pain ruin my goals.

2. George Clooney.
Suffering from crippling spinal cord damage he has revealed he considers suicide every so often and wakes up at least 8 times every night in agony.

3. JFK
Recently revealed health records reveal just how atrocious his health was far beyond that the public knew.
Most specific to this post - requiring multiple cortisone injections in his back before meetings and people remember him screaming in pain while receiving them. Yet, he still operated America through the Vietnam War.

Wow I never knew about any of these - really inspirational. I'm so glad you shared this (and I am glad they help keep you positive - chronic pain is a terrible stigmatised infliction, it can be dark without any foreseeable light. These sorts of stories give hope)

Kevin Spacey. I don't pay too much attention to celebrities lives so I don't know tons about him, but from what I've seen he seems like a cool, funny, grounded person and is amazing at what he does in my opinion.

1. Brittany Murphy.

2. George Clooney.

3. JFK

Firstly, I am sorry you have chronic pain MM. Secondly, this is such an inspiring and eye opening post.
I knew about JFK but not about the other two. I am particularly moved by what you posted about George Clooney. He is so charismatic and upbeat all the time (I saw him at last year's Venice Film Festival and he literally had everyone around him eating out of his hand, it was mesmerising to see it, albeit from a distance) and so the idea of him having chronic pain is mind boggling. I have chronic pain - although I guess I am loathe to call it that as I know I have it so much easier than most who use such a term - through the progressive effects of joint hypermobility syndrome, and it can really get me down at times. I am not very good at not letting things overwhelm me when I have worse pain than usual and so reading about these people is quite the inspiration indeed.